Watford match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Levein has done nothing to give me any confidence for the future. For example, he's been panic buying players because they are 'young and hungry' and nothing to do with whether they are good enough. Stefan Moore ffs.

'Young and Hungry' or 'Old and Knackered' I know which one I prefer.

You have to understand that administration has left this club with no backbone, nothing for the future, no foundations. There is no way we can afford to buy players that will be great the moment they arrive. We need to look to the future and I think Levein is doing that. Granted not every player will be a success (were O'Neills?)

Do you think MA's short term plans were benifiting the club or would have got us promoted?

The jury is still out on Levein but I want to see him continue, I will be there next year whatever division we are in.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Naughty Fox said:
Moore is'nt good enough for what exactly???? LCFC?????How can you make such a judgement on a player on 70mins of football,

It's nothing to do with the 70mins of football.

FNQ, Please tell me why you think Moore is'nt good enough? In the end you might be right, but how can you sat that now, is Conners good enough then??
You have your opinions, I have mine and the rest have theirs.
I'm intrested to hear yours

Bobby Smith said:
Do you think MA's short term plans were benifiting the club or would have got us promoted?

The jury is still out on Levein but I want to see him continue, I will be there next year whatever division we are in.

I dont think Adams had short term plans at all. Buying players that can do the job now is not short sighted it's just sensible. Infact Adams was safeguarding our future by doing this. Levein is gambling with the future of the club by buying only completely unproven players, who may not be good enough to keep us in this league.

Ofcourse you will, and so will I.

Naughty Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Naughty Fox said:
Moore is'nt good enough for what exactly???? LCFC?????How can you make such a judgement on a player on 70mins of football,

It's nothing to do with the 70mins of football.

FNQ, Please tell me why you think Moore is'nt good enough? In the end you might be right, but how can you sat that now, is Conners good enough then??
You have your opinions, I have mine and the rest have theirs.
I'm intrested to hear yours

He simply isn't of good enough pedigree. He is generally rated not as good as his brother Luke, who I have watched a fair bit of at Wycombe. He certainly didn't stand out as a quality player.

Connolly is obviously good enough, his track record proves he has the ability. However, he isn't scoring goals at the moment for a reason. Style of play? Motivation?

If getting players in on one year contracts isn't short term then I don't know what is.Connolly's lack of goals cannot be contributed to 'style of play',he wasn't scoring prolifically when MA was in charge.While he may well be good enough for this standard it isn't as a Striker,he wants ten touches when whats needed is a first time shot.

highland fox said:
If getting players in on one year contracts isn't short term then I don't know what is.Connolly's lack of goals cannot be contributed to 'style of play',he wasn't scoring prolifically when MA was in charge.While he may well be good enough for this standard it isn't as a Striker,he wants ten touches when whats needed is a first time shot.

Dom you not think a lot of that is down to confidence though HF?

Maybe DF and I do rate him but I just don't think he is a Striker/ Out and out Goalscorer.Maybe he would be better in a front three,hopefully he will now go on a scoring spree but I doubt it....

highland fox said:
Maybe DF and I do rate him but I just don't think he is a Striker/ Out and out Goalscorer.Maybe he would be better in a front three,hopefully he will now go on a scoring spree but I doubt it....

Yeah, but, no but.....

He has only failed to score goals here. Everyone talks about him as a finisher, a natural goalscorer. I beleived this when we signed him and still think he will come good.

Taking too many touches is a classic sign of a striker low on confidence. He had a slow start to the season due to the inept tactics we were employing which basically meant the only chances he got were the ones he made for himself. Our style has changed now but DC is low on confidence, he is missing chances but he will come good, mark my words.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
he's been panic buying players because they are 'young and hungry' and nothing to do with whether they are good enough. Stefan Moore ffs.

And some people are 'Panic supporting'. :?

DurhamFox said:
highland fox said:

Yeah, but, no but.....

He has only failed to score goals here. Everyone talks about him as a finisher, a natural goalscorer. I beleived this when we signed him and still think he will come good.

Taking too many touches is a classic sign of a striker low on confidence. He had a slow start to the season due to the inept tactics we were employing which basically meant the only chances he got were the ones he made for himself. Our style has changed now but DC is low on confidence, he is missing chances but he will come good, mark my words.

Agree Durham , IMO he's a player who will score goals providing chances come his way.In some games i've seen this season ,he's been badly let down by any quality service. If CL improves the team in general then i'm sure he will be a key player for us next season.

some of you havent a clue what your on about

you want CL out? go say that at a home game if you sit near me you will get a proper backlash im not afraid to spk my mind, your no real fan. support the club we have, not the club u ****ing want.

Conners - i think his service has been bad and he's not too blame on this, we got some lovely crosses in against forest but what for? we have conners, a midget in the box. why not put some thru balls in or over the top he can bring it down and bang one in. next season i expect 15+ goals from him. providing we get behind him and dont moan.

De Vries - i also think he is a good player but he's just getting used to our play and getting to know the leauge. give him a few games or even next season he can do a good job for us.

Moore- give the guy a chance hes had 70 mins on the pitch and already being slated, ok his goalscoring record doesnt speak for much but from what i heard on RL last night he sounded comfortable and if we get him permanent i would be quite happy with that.

Stephen Hughes- this guy is a ****ing quality player. hopefully next season he will be in the starting line up week in week out as i see him as a Roy Keane type midfielder without the aggression

Alan Maybury - he has been good for us so far nothing to really complain about i think he's doing a good solid job. good at getting down the line too

Kenton - solid defender also no problems although crossing doesnt seem to be his strong point so maybe he should be feeding Gillespie down the right rather than G feed him on t he overlap

McCarthy - 2 games and he already sounds like he's settled. not played much football before moving to us but he looks good and solid.

i dont c why some wankers are complaining we have one of the best teams in the leauge, next season i really think we will be a strong CHAMPIONSHIP side. **** leage 1...thats for FOREST and COVSCUM!

my 2 cents

cooperLCFCanstey said:
Moore- give the guy a chance hes had 70 mins on the pitch and already being slated

Wonderful isn't it. :roll: :smt017 :smt018

Leigh said:
Steven said:
cooperLCFCanstey said:
Moore- give the guy a chance hes had 70 mins on the pitch and already being slated

Wonderful isn't it. :roll: :smt017 :smt018

And he apparently played well!

sounded to me like he did anyway... i cant see why people dont want to give him or others a chance. like i said before support the club we have not the club you want to have, because it won't happen.

IMO we have still not got over MON. We had some great years watching quality football and we are finding it hard to accept that city aint the club it used to be, so we moan about the players and managers alike, because we are all desperate for the good times to come back.
It will come back, but It will take time, untill then we should all get some therapy or better still, find AN EFFING GOOD GOAL SCORER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669