watford v barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 3-0 to barnsley and watford managed one shot on target.Cheers.
What's the crowd response on Saturday ?

1. Keep quiet as usual.
2. Get onto Ollie &/or the team for being sh*te.
3. Make lots of noise in the hope that it might make a difference.

I know it's a cliche but we are where we are and we're there because we deserve to be. This is where we operate. Stop deluding yourselves folks, we are no more a big club/premiership club than Derby are. We are to the Premership, what Forest are to the European cup ... ie HAS BEENS. The sooner the level of expectation amongst our fans hits a realistic level, the sooner we will start hitting the targets.

I have said for a long time now that Leicester City Footbal Club is, irrespective of owners or managers, a mediocre CCC club at best. MM might have ambitions of promotion within 3 years but unfortuinately he has picked on the wrong club. This is not a club that is capable of achieving Premier League status EVER. The mentality within the club is all wrong and no amount of managers, no matter who they are is going to change that.

This club is rotten to the core and the sooner we as fans accept that the better off we will be.

:icon_sad:

I know it's a cliche but we are where we are and we're there because we deserve to be. This is where we operate. Stop deluding yourselves folks, we are no more a big club/premiership club than Derby are. We are to the Premership, what Forest are to the European cup ... ie HAS BEENS. The sooner the level of expectation amongst our fans hits a realistic level, the sooner we will start hitting the targets.

I have said for a long time now that Leicester City Footbal Club is, irrespective of owners or managers, a mediocre CCC club at best. MM might have ambitions of promotion within 3 years but unfortuinately he has picked on the wrong club. This is not a club that is capable of achieving Premier League status EVER. The mentality within the club is all wrong and no amount of managers, no matter who they are is going to change that.

This club is rotten to the core and the sooner we as fans accept that the better off we will be.

:icon_sad:

Just accept we have changed from a top second tier/lower first tier club to what you describe??

Guys guys ... nothing much has changed - we expected Sheff Wed to close up on us - the fact they are only one point better off than us is not as bad as it could have been. Yes Barnsley stuffed Watford but they are the only team with a game in hand now ... and we have 6 teams (us Blackpool, Cov, Barnsley, Wednesday and Saints) with 3 points of each other. There will be more twists and turn before the season ends .....
and if tonights math between Watford and Barnsley has shown nobody has the slightest idea which of the 6 teams above will go down.

We have a 1 in 6 chance of relegation - just like the others. We though have the "luxury" of playing two of the other teams and the bottom team. If we don't get the points we need we'll DESERVE to go down. It is still very much in our hands.

Just accept we have changed from a top second tier/lower first tier club to what you describe??

Sorry Duzz, but the players seem to have accepted it so I guess it's our turn now. Every dog has his day, and we've had ours. :icon_sad:

I don't think the players like or respect him.

And no matter what we may think about then earning their wages, if they don't like their boss, they won't be putting in the same effort as they would for someone they did like.

It has little or nothing to do with 'like' Not many 'liked' O'Neill.

I don't think the players like or respect him.

And no matter what we may think about then earning their wages, if they don't like their boss, they won't be putting in the same effort as they would for someone they did like.

He says and does such stupid things to try to amuse the masses that undoubtedly they are going to see him as a bit of a prat.

Howeve, I disagree about the "liking" point. What is needed is someone who can instill a bit of respect and indeed fear in a bunch of free loaders.

He says and does such stupid things to try to amuse the masses that undoubtedly they are going to see him as a bit of a prat.

Howeve, I disagree about the "liking" point. What is needed is someone who can instill a bit of respect and indeed fear in a bunch of free loaders.

Thats harsh RF..... the bloke must be alright as he waved his trainers at the crowd.

Well, we havent even played tonight and we are moaning and groaning.

Correct, we have no games in hand so no need to play. I admire you for remaining positive, but unfortunately your one of an already very small minority.

The position we're in doesn't just stop at Mr Holloway, but he's had more than a fair share of opportunites to put things right. He's had a serious amount of money to spend and it hasn't worked. I've already mentioned earlier in this thread, the guy his completely out of his depth.

Correct, we have no games in hand so no need to play. I admire you for remaining positive, but unfortunately your one of an already very small minority.

The position we're in doesn't just stop at Mr Holloway, but he's had more than a fair share of opportunites to put things right. He's had a serious amount of money to spend and it hasn't worked. I've already mentioned earlier in this thread, the guy his completely out of his depth.

But this was all true before Barnsley won tonight. We/Ollie/MM/the players had zero control over that game. Nothing has changed tonight.

Last edited:
PS - apart from the promotion season with Micky Adams ... this is our 5th season out of six we have been at the wrong end of the table in the prem (1 season) or Championship (4 seasons).

There is something structurally and emotionally wrong with the club - someone needs to fix it - once they have found out what it is.

It probably goes back to all the in-fighting in the board when MON was here and into the Taylor era and the demise that followed.

Clearly MM hasn't cracked it yet .....unless it is the pitch which hasn't been sorted since administration?

I think we need to keep our nerve (i.e. fans, players & management).

Before tonight, there were 6 teams firmly in the sh*t. After tonight's result, there are still 6 teams in the sh*t.

It is still in our own hands.

So can I suggest that if you think we're already relegated and can't be bothered to get behind the team, just don't bother attending the next four matches.

But this was all true before Barnsley won tonight. We/Ollie/MM/the player had zero control over that game. Nothing has changed tonight.

but if they had put more effort into previous games and had a few more points on the board, tonights game would not have been relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669