Speculation Wayne Routledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure ive read recently that Routledge is good mates with Peltier and Danns (probably a twitter comment), it seems the deal is all but finalised and he will be shortly on his way to Sweden

Oh this would be excellent, just proves the true position of little old Florist. Well at least they try to compete, Derby and Cov are just hilarious, can you imagine supporting either one of those absolute showers.

I may be wrong but I think Top & his dad have invested too much into the club to do a runner. From millions being invested in the training ground, all the work on the stadium both for the new shop and the big screens, plus the planned increase if we get promoted, to the money invested in the squad. Then there's the Academies that are being planned (one already open I believe) in Thailand. They are using our club as a vehicle to move king power into the west and it's reported that The King power Group is worth 4 Billion Dollars. It would appear that Leicester City will almost be another company that falls under the King Power umbrella and therefore will most certainly not be something that will just be cast aside if it doesn't work straight away.

It's just that the investment is still going to be funded by loans against the club (although probably from King Power companies rather than the banks). It seems unlikely that KP is going to move into the West - there doesn't seem to be any strategy for that - nor reason since duty free concessions seem to be awarded on a different basis to that in Thailand. The worth of King Power is difficult to work out - it's not a publicly quoted company so you can't calculate it as you would BAA plc - and its worth would seem entirely dependent on the ongoing receipt of the Thai duty-free concession and who knows how secure that is?

What's going on is exciting sure - but not entirely in a good way...

It's just that the investment is still going to be funded by loans against the club (although probably from King Power companies rather than the banks). It seems unlikely that KP is going to move into the West - there doesn't seem to be any strategy for that - nor reason since duty free concessions seem to be awarded on a different basis to that in Thailand. The worth of King Power is difficult to work out - it's not a publicly quoted company so you can't calculate it as you would BAA plc - and its worth would seem entirely dependent on the ongoing receipt of the Thai duty-free concession and who knows how secure that is?

What's going on is exciting sure - but not entirely in a good way...

Not being a PLC is a good thing as they have no external shareholders to satisfy - they own the company and have no competing agendas in terms of direction. Dependent on the level of bank debt, the cash that comes in is free for them to spend how they wish. They appear to be taking actions for the medium to long term at City, even though they are looking for short term success in terms of promotion.

Not being a PLC is a good thing as they have no external shareholders to satisfy .

Well, we don't actually know who owns the shares - we're assuming it's the Raksriaksorn family but the original company was set up as a joint venture with the Thailand Tourist Authority.

Due to fly out to Holland tomorrow with Newcastle reserves for their pre season. Maybe it'll be easier to meet up in Austria?

Im sure ive read recently that [...] it seems the deal is all but finalised and he will be shortly on his way to Sweden

I'm glad somebody reads my posts.

Last edited:
From his Twitter, it really doesn't sound like he's coming to me... Been posting all week about how people shouldn't believe what they read, and wonders what club he's going to be linked with next etc

Excellent, That Moussi would be worth a look, would seriously **** them off as well.

I disagree. We have to be setting our sights a little higher than that.

We are fine in central midfield now, even if Sven wants to play 3 there.

I think only 3 more signings are needed- a goal scorer,another winger and another right back. If we are being greedy maybe a new targetman too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669