Webbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScarboroughFox said:
are there plans in the pipeline for a 2 player game E.G chess

Yes, I have mentioned this before more than once :icon_roll
The person who wrote the game software is writing a multi-player add-on, the games will cost extra and I don't know when it will be ready.

highland fox said:
:102: :102:
You really know how to live life 'on the edge' don't you Mk ?

Indeed hf. That's why I limit my crib to once a week, can't have too much excitment at my age.

webmaster said:
The person who wrote the game software is writing a multi-player add-on, the games will cost extra and I don't know when it will be ready.
have we been good this year webbo:102: tis the season of giving;)

beer can

webmaster said:

2 player of existing ones... no chess then?

This is the info on the new version of the arcade, I haven't read it all so I don't know if it will be worth installing.

v3 Arcade 2.0.0 Alpha

Needless to say we do NOT recommend you install this on your production sites. If you do not already have v3 Arcade installed and this will be your first installation, then... eh, maybe. But we do NOT recommend you install this on your production sites. This might do bad, bad things even though we don't expect it to. We do NOT recommend you install this on your production sites.

Here's a list of things to expect...

* MochiAds integration! You now have instant access to *thousands* of new games for free! As an added bonus you will earn money when your visitors play MochiAds games on your site. Please check this FAQ for answers to some questions you may have about MochiAds.
* Brian has rewritten a good chunk of the code. This means that a lot of code cleanup has been done and code that did not go by the vBulletin coding guidelines has been re-written entirely. Some parts of the code remain the same and if you were to take a look at the files you'd see that the general flow of the code has remained but redone. For you guys/gals who like fancy terms... code refactoring.
* Several sections on the v3Arcade main page are now cached to optimize things and reduce the number of queries. This includes Game Categories, Finished Challenges, Arcade Champions, News, and Latest Scores. On average this will prevent about 5 queries from being executed on the v3 Arcade main page.
* All tables, templates, and phrase groups have been prefixed with 'v3' (as in "v3arcade"). All error message and redirect phrases are prefixed with v3 now as well. This means that all add-ons/hacks/misc. items out there that relied upon the table names or phrases or templates will now be broken. That is why I put an updated version of Cheesegrits' CMPS module in the Beta Mods forum the other day. If you already have v3 Arcade installed then the changed names will take place during the upgrade process.
* Most of the files have also been renamed to have "v3" in front. Except, of course, for arcade.php.
* A new tournament system has been added based on SKHMS' add-on! If you already have his original add-on installed then when you upgrade you shouldn't lose any tournament data and you can uninstall the add-on from the ACP. Thanks, SKHMS!
* A new tab for "Arcade Stats" has been added to the User Profile page based on SKHMS' add-on! If you already have his original add-on installed then when you upgrade you uninstall the add-on from the ACP. Thanks, SKHMS!
* A new v3 Arcade Leaderboard page has been added! When viewing the v3A front page you will see a new "View Leaderboard" link in the "Arcade Champions" section of the sidebar.
* When viewing a game, the drop-down selection to change the game resolution can now be done while playing. Before you could only set the resolution before starting the game.
* During installation the rebuilding of the vB bitfields is now being done slightly different. Previously there were issues of people doing a fresh install of v3 Arcade and then getting an error when, for example, they went to click on the "Default User Settings" link in the ACP.
* New option for "Default Category" in the "General Settings" link in the ACP. This is to specify what game category should the user see by default when going to the arcade. If you're using the plugin I released back for use with 1.0.9+, then you can delete the plugin after upgrading.
* When viewing the user group permissions, a new section named "Arcade Tournament Permissions" has been added after the "Arcade Permission" section. You'll want to make sure you update these.
* New "Arcade Name" option in the ACP to specify the name of your v3 Arcade installation.
* New option to disable saving scores per game. Adding MochiAds games is also intelligent enough to automatically turn this option for any Mochi games you install that are not leaderboard enabled.
* When browsing games in the ACP, inactive games will be indicated by a strike (eg: inactive game)
* New option to manually add games. Combined with the option to disable scoring per game, this means that you can now add practically any SWF file to the arcade! Also great for those times when you need to re-install a game but you no longer have the installation .php script file.
* When issuing a challenger to another users, all games can now be selected instead of just v3A format games.
* Inline moderation of game score comments and entries. Moderation can be done to either individual entries are to multiple entries.
* Templates cleaned up to be as close to XHTML compliant as possible, remove the inline JavaScript and moved to arcade.js instead, and inline CSS and moved to arcade.css instead.
* New ACP option to disable the "Favorites" system.
* New ACP option to specify the width/height of thumbnail & mini-thumbnail images.
* Added new "Game Instructions" & "Keywords" columns to the games table. For example, when importing MochiAds games the game instructions will automatically be saved and shown to the user when playing the game.
* Updated the "Manage Games" ACP screen a bit so the list of games can be sorted by Title, High Score, High Scorer, or Times played. Also added the category title below the game title and an option to limit games by category.
* The ACP menus have been changed a bit to make the menus a bit less cluttered.
o New "Tournament Settings" link in the ACP.
o New "User Profile Settings" link in the ACP.
o The "Settings" link in the ACP has been renamed to "General Settings".
o Moved "Wipe All Scores" from "Game Tools" to "Score Tools" in the ACP.
o Moved "Set Challenge Permissions For All" from "Game Tools" to "Score Tools" in the ACP.
o Moved "Rebuild Game Scores" from "Game Tools" to "Score Tools" in the ACP.

... and that's the list that I can think of for now.

Please try to break it! Just let us know what broke so we can fix it. We do NOT recommend you install this on your production sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669