We're down

I don’t think I can bare listening to the news over the next few days

Whatever league we’re in, Top still gets to hang out with footballers and be friends with Jamie Vardy.

I blame Rodgers first and foremost. In fact, almost entirely. That we should have sacked him sooner doesn't clear him of blame.

A supposed 'elite manager' that can't get a tune out of the players available to him is no elite manager in my book. Odd innit, who do clubs turn to to get them out of the shit? The workhorse guys, the likes of Dyche. The basic blokes who don't ponce about with tikki-takka (or whatever) but know how to organise a defence. Is that beneath Rodgers? Couldn't he stoop that low?

Nah, Rodgers sulked. Packed a massive sad and sunk us. He's rivaling that **** **** (I can't even bring myself to mention his name) for me. Became vindictive and wanted his pound of flesh, and **** everyone else.

Top was perhaps too naive and wanted to believe, be loyal. He might not be up to the job but perhaps it's a learning process for him. Out of his depth maybe. Jobs will be lost, and that is awful, and I'm sure he realises it. I can't accuse him of wilful negligence as I can Rodgers.
A charlatan, a vulture and probably a sociopath.

I hate him.

We are the least “relegation ready” team to get relegated in a very long time.
In some senses yes, in others no. We're relatively lucky to be able to shed a load of players immediately, and a few players we can shift for some much needed rebuild cash. If some of the others that remain have relegation clauses in their contracts then all the better.

Yes, I know, I'm looking for some pluses. But if the recruitment team pull finger (and have already sized up the lay of the land) we might, with a new manager, have a chance at an effective rebuild pretty quickly (though admittedly one somewhat forced upon us)

I blame Rodgers first and foremost. In fact, almost entirely. That we should have sacked him sooner doesn't clear him of blame.

A supposed 'elite manager' that can't get a tune out of the players available to him is no elite manager in my book. Odd innit, who do clubs turn to to get them out of the shit? The workhorse guys, the likes of Dyche. The basic blokes who don't ponce about with tikki-takka (or whatever) but know how to organise a defence. Is that beneath Rodgers? Couldn't he stoop that low?

Nah, Rodgers sulked. Packed a massive sad and sunk us. He's rivaling that **** **** (I can't even bring myself to mention his name) for me. Became vindictive and wanted his pound of flesh, and **** everyone else.

Top was perhaps too naive and wanted to believe, be loyal. He might not be up to the job but perhaps it's a learning process for him. Out of his depth maybe. Jobs will be lost, and that is awful, and I'm sure he realises it. I can't accuse him of wilful negligence as I can Rodgers.
He’s worse than Taylor in my book.

Well. I'm back from my self induced isolation. Won a few bob on the racing. Also won a tenner laying Man City at Brentford for a laugh.

Went to Flashscore at 6:45 & saw exactly what I expected to see. I now feel exactly as I expected to feel.

Not sad. Not dejected.

Just blood boilingly angry.

Everyone involved in this debacle should be out the door by tomorrow morning. Every last one of them. From board level down.

There is absolutely no way, with even passably competent management that a club in our position should be relegated. & that's in any season, let alone this piss poor excuse for a campaign that Sky can try to big up all they like. It's been utter bollocks. Ruined by a combination of a ****ing ridiculous world cup in the middle & too many sub standard teams.

Everton have stayed up with 36 bastard points. & even 35 would have been enough. For this sqaud & this club to finish with 34 is nothing short of inexcusable.

The utter complacency & complete denial of the situation for the last 2 years has been breathtaking.

I've worked for companies with that attitude & every single time it ends with you getting the kick in the **** that you richly deserve.

& it always, ALWAYS come from from the top. This country's corporate structures are rotten to the core with incompetent ****wits essentially stealing a living. I've worked at places where people are actually specifically employed to clear up the mess from their ****ing stupid decisions. I even worked at one where an entire ****ing department was devoted to it ! (I know because i was ****ing in it)

Rudkin particularly is a walking example of this. The wonderful British tradition of failing upwards couldn't wish for a better poster boy.

Between them he & Whelan (the definition of corporate bladness) have done either nothing, or the wrong thing every single time a decision has been needed. both they & our esteemed owner have been blindsided & played by an obvious con merchant who bailed before the disaster & walked away laughing all the way to the bank.

Everton have been every bit as badly run as us...for a ****ing decade ! & they've got away with it yet again. We haven't. But we've helped them do it both times.

Get the **** out of my club you utter ****s. Go work in the energy sector, or for the supermarkets, where you can get paid 6 figures to sit on your arses all day & pick up some more ****ing pointless industry awards that mean **** all while taking credit for what's basically an automated money printing machine. Would suit you both just fine.

Everyone needs to be cleared out. From boardroom to playing staff. They're all worthless underachieving scum who've been getting a free ride for too long. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the strongest squad & most potentially high achieving club to get relegated since Spurs went down in the 70s, never mind the ****ing "premier league era "

**** them all. Get out.

PS - in the real world there'll be a review, some minor changes, a load of phoney PR type waffle & then our future handed over to our latest spectacular piece of decision making. The new head of recruitment. Who's previous employers just finished bottom of the league.

Meanwhile our ****ing clueless manchild owner will continue to stumble around like an overactive weeble doing **** all & handing over decision making to the same clueless no marks that got us into this shithole in the first place.

Wonder if we'll see him at Millwall ?

**** off.

I feel for all of you that are hurting because it's not nice. Caring about this club is a rollercoaster of emotions.

I just feel numb. At the end I realised that I wanted these players and the leadership of the club to go down. I want them to suffer. It would have been a disgrace if they'd got away with the last 12 months of utter incompetence. Sadly, many of the ones I want to suffer the most won't feel it one bit as they'll be off making more money elsewhere.

I'd like to see the lot of them gone by August but that's wishful thinking. The truth is that they've got about two weeks to make smart and major changes at the top level of the club or we'll be struggling in the Championship next season. The chances of the club now totally collapsing is very real.

I really don't think many people fully understand the implications of what's just happened. This clubs entire future is in massive trouble. Most fans at the end of the game applauded the players and staff. That level of blindness is utterly bewildering to me. For all the criticism of the leadership of the club being complacent, most fans have been too.

Oh, and Rodgers doesn't escape it today just because he wasn't there. His petulance and general unprofessionalism will make me hate him forever.

With contract situations as they are, we can shed a massive amount off our wage bill. Most, if not all of our players will have relegation clauses leading to wage reductions in their contract and we will have at least two assets in Barnes and Maddison that will fetch big sums of cash. We will reduce staff and, with travel now free flowing again, KP will hardly be short of a few quid. We've ****ed up massively, but now it's time to make a brave decision.

Take as many financial punishments as possible that don't lead to us losing points, but go balls deep to get back to the PL in one season. For that, we need to hold on to some of our squad and employ a manager who knows that Championship inside out.

Buy an actual striker and a goalkeeper and invest in some creativity to replace the inevitable loss of Maddison and Barnes. Hold on to Faes, Ricardo, Souttar, Thomas, Castagne, Justin, Alves, Mendy (if possible) KDH and Vardy or Nacho and there's an excellent spine to build around. Yes, I like everyone else, ****ing hate most of thise ****s right now but I cannot ignore the way they have been thrown under several buses by Rodgers and had their creativity beaten out of them. It is no coincidence what has happened to so many players this season; Ndidi, Castagne, Vardy, KDH and many others haven't forgotten how to play football overnight; they've been shoehorned into a style they just cannot play by a complete prick of a manager who had mates instead of bosses. They could prove to be a very good Championship squad.

And then we’ll give it to Smith. It’ll be the same scenario as when Craig Shakespeare was interim manager.
From the way he sounded when he was asked about next season, I don't think he wants any part of us.

Whelan and Rudkin need to take some of the heat, they left BR in charge for too long and if we are in a finical mess it will be due to them.

Wipe the slate clean from top to bottom and start again…

I hope Top is crying tonight.
I highly doubt he will be. And crying or not, I hope he’s finalizing the new managers contract tonight and arranging his announcement for tomorrow.

I feel for all of you that are hurting because it's not nice. Caring about this club is a rollercoaster of emotions.

I just feel numb. At the end I realised that I wanted these players and the leadership of the club to go down. I want them to suffer. It would have been a disgrace if they'd got away with the last 12 months of utter incompetence. Sadly, many of the ones I want to suffer the most won't feel it one bit as they'll be off making more money elsewhere.

I'd like to see the lot of them gone by August but that's wishful thinking. The truth is that they've got about two weeks to make smart and major changes at the top level of the club or we'll be struggling in the Championship next season. The chances of the club now totally collapsing is very real.

I really don't think many people fully understand the implications of what's just happened. This clubs entire future is in massive trouble. Most fans at the end of the game applauded the players and staff. That level of blindness is utterly bewildering to me. For all the criticism of the leadership of the club being complacent, most fans have been too.

Oh, and Rodgers doesn't escape it today just because he wasn't there. His petulance and general unprofessionalism will make me hate him forever.
Yep you've probably made me realise how I feel. I've been numb to it for weeks. It's all gone to shit and I've not really felt anything. But I still wonder if I will ever feel anything at all again. I can't be arsed with the premier league. I can't bare listening to talk sport, sky sports etc. It's all just cringeworthy bollocks.

I'm living in an era that is fuelled by money and corruption. It's all out of our hands and it's all just a horrible, immoral mess. Over and out.

Wham and Rudkin need to take some of the heat, they left BR in charge for too long and if we are in a finical mess it will be due to them.

Wipe the slate clean from top to bottom and start again…
Well when you let Andrew Ridgeley and the corpse of George Michael run a football club it's never going to end well.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663