Were we wrong to let him go

Status
Not open for further replies.
he deserves more respect than certain folk we still have playing, his failing was not through lack of effort

he deserves more respect than certain folk we still have playing, his failing was not through lack of effort

He was a prolific goalscorer from the lower leagues

Many people posting on here would have been screaming for us to sign him up had the same circumstances be happening right now - in the same way that they were for Izale Mcleod during this summer, who cost a similar small fortune and has produced precisely feck all for Charlton

It was one of those gambles that didn't pay off - but he certainly couldn't be faulted for his effort and commitment

The problem was the over-inflated fee that was paid by Taylor and Elsom but, given the £1.6 million that 'Saint' Martin Allen appears to have shat away on DJ Campbell, perhaps he wasn't that bad a gamble after all

Last edited:
The problem was the over-inflated fee that was paid by Taylor and Elsom but, given the £1.6 million that 'Saint' Martin Allen appears to have shat away on DJ Campbell, perhaps he wasn't that bad a gamble after all

I threw a posing question to a few mates on Saturday before the game.......pound for pound at this level who would you rather have, DJ or Akinbiyi? Personally I'd rather have spunked £5m of milan's hard earned cash on Ade

I threw a posing question to a few mates on Saturday before the game.......pound for pound at this level who would you rather have, DJ or Akinbiyi? Personally I'd rather have spunked £5m of milan's hard earned cash on Ade

I Would agree actually, Ade worked hard and certainly kept defenders busy. If he had a better strike partner (Collymore) who could take advantage of the space he made, he would have been useful.

DJ is lazy, poor touch, weak, nothing going for him IMO

I Would agree actually, Ade worked hard and certainly kept defenders busy. If he had a better strike partner (Collymore) who could take advantage of the space he made, he would have been useful.

Collywobbles and Ade would have been a good partnership, although Collywobbles and any fecker would have been promising. Taylor showed his man management skills with that decision to tell him to work hard and he'll get a game and then go back on his word was disgraceful

Are you lot absolutely stark raving mad?

Ade Badbuy is the major reason why the club is in its current predicament.

From the precise moment he missed the easiest of open goals in the cup match against Wycombe, the players' heads dropped, they lost all confidence and we eventually got relegated. We've been in a downward spiral ever since that exact minute.

I hate him even more than Peter Taylor...

Are you sure they haven't signed him to kick around that turnip (or whatever it was) around the pitch before kick off.

Man that was a surreal experience watching that.

From the precise moment he missed the easiest of open goals in the cup match against Wycombe, the players' heads dropped, they lost all confidence and we eventually got relegated. We've been in a downward spiral ever since that exact minute.

I hate him even more than Peter Taylor...

so it is his fault the players have no confidence? who is in charge to improve their confidence? if you honestly believe all that was wrong was ade you weren't paying much attention

DJ is lazy, poor touch, weak, nothing going for him IMO

he was shit and we all know it at least DJ looks like he would score a goal if he has a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IMtDwQzP9k

he was shit and we all know it at least DJ looks like he would score a goal if he has a chance.

DJ has scored 2 tap ins, and i can't think of many occasions where he has got in a posistion to shoot. I Can't think of any way he has contributed to the team either.

If you want to judge players on youtube clips, go ahead. I however am more concerned with a players overall contribution than a short collection of best or worst bits.

I am not saying he was the bees knees, but the question was between Ade and DJ

Last edited:

has a chance? he's too ****ing lazy to get in a position to have a chance, the times that people have put it to his feet he has either hit the keeper or missed. either we have been sold some magic beans or he is low on confidence, hopefully it is the latter so we can send him out on loan to score and lift his confidence....though i doubt we'd consider loaning out our biggest buy

DJ has scored 2 tap ins, and i can't think of many occasions where he has got in a posistion to shoot. I Can't think of any way he has contributed to the team either.

If you want to judge players on youtube clips, go ahead. I however am more concerned with a players overall contribution than a short collection of best or worst bits.

I am not saying he was the bees knees, but the question was between Ade and DJ

I dont judge players by you tube clips i had 2 seasons of watching that shit to pass judgement.

Anyone who says they would accept MM spending 5mill on Ade is a ****ing raving lunatic and should not be given access to the internet or any other social networking tools.

I really do wonder sometimes.

Anyone who says they would accept MM spending 5mill on Ade is a ****ing raving lunatic and should not be given access to the internet or any other social networking tools.

I really do wonder sometimes.

i can't see where anyone has actually said that....

I cant believe people are slating DJ from the little we have seen of him. His record so far in football shows to me that he is one of the most naturally gifted footballers we have. He has come here this season and is clearly not match fit but isn’t given the games or a chance to get match fit instead he is given the odd sub appearance here and there and told to like it or lump it as far as I see.

Also we play completely the wrong type of football for him. He need balls dinked over the defence for him to run onto or balls laid across the defenders to his feet to run onto not just lumped up to him.

Personally I'd rather have spunked £5m of milan's hard earned cash on Ade

Doesn't matter what your comparing it to, your still saying you would have milan spend 5mill on Ade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669