Pre Match West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Rodgers:

Castigne ready.

Morgan and Maddison unlikely.

Benkovic injured (and likely to go on loan)

Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal not considered.

Ndidi to start at CB

Bleak.

Rodgers must really not rate Benkovic if he's planning to loan him out again, particularly when we're in a position where we have to play Ndidi at CB since we have such little cover there!

I'd go for Jeff's team too.

Father Todd Unctious

Henry Fondle
Sharpie Buttsalot
Jacqueline McCafferty
Neil Hunt

Tobias Fünke
Maureen Ponderosa
’Kinky’ John Fowler
Dave Angel

Arthur Crandall
LaBarbara Conrad

72-0.

Bleak.

Rodgers must really not rate Benkovic if he's planning to loan him out again, particularly when we're in a position where we have to play Ndidi at CB since we have such little cover there!

I'd go for Jeff's team too.
Have any journalists asked him the direct question?

"Do you see Benkovic having a future at Leicester City. He's highly regarded and you know him from your time at Celtic. Yet you've loaned him out again despite being short on CBs. Any updates Brendan?"

That looks shite

If Praet doesn’t play ahead of Mendy or Choudhury then he really needs to leave now
I think Praets looked solid a number of times we've played him. I was a fan of his before he came and remain one.

If this is the team then we need essentially be deadly up top. Hopefully Barnes is up for it.

I'm going

Schmeichel
Justin Wilf Big Soy Castagne
Praet Choudhury
Tielemans
Perez Barnes
Vardy

we could well have some 'nervy communications' in the back four. Can see Mendy playing but agree that Praet gets game time for the number 1 ranked international team and so must be ahead of Mendy. Choudhury just gives us that bulldog energy away from home and can (say it quietly) pass the ball forward way better than Mendy....
Save Maddison, gray, nacho, albrighton to give us some good bench options...give Tony James or Steve Walsh a bell if we need someone to sit on the bench for centre half.

Missed Choudhury in Jeff's lineup. Praet instead please.

Kasper
Justin, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Castagne
Mendy, Praet
Perez, Tielemans, Barnes
Vardy

If we need to later, hook Praet for Nacho.

BTW, may or may not be the right thread for it, but I feel for Brendan (and us).

As much as Rodgers has been criticised by some for our end to the season, he's been giving **** all help by the recruitment team has he?

We've been after a centre back for a year. A winger for even longer. Brendan himself has spoken time and time again about the need for an additional creative wide player, and yet we don't seem to have even come close to finding one.

We’ve sold one player and replaced him like for like position-wise

Despite the fact that we have been complete dogshite for the last six months of the season and desperately needed some improvement in the starting eleven let alone the squad

This match could be horrific

And I suspect that Jeff’s line up is correct - we will play two holding midfielders and play like cowards against West Brom FFS

I'm not sure I see the sense in playing Ndidi at CB. Well, I do sort of. In that I can appreciate that it might be our only option. Which doesn't say much for our confidence in the kids, nor in our creaking club captain.

If Wes is not fit, and/or won't last 90, and Benko's out then I personally woud ask Knight (?) to step up (and we ask Wilf to more defensively minded) We can always change it up if it all goes belly up.

Smacks of panic to me, against West Brom for feks sake. What is our development for if not for instances like this?

I was trying to remember which episode Henry Fondle gets introduced in and found a synopsis;

He then reveals to her his new invention—Henry Fondle, a sex robot, which has dildos on it and says "sexy phrases" from a Mr. Spell toy.

Emily is dumbfounded by this, and she tells Todd she doesn't think he knows how sex works. Todd defensively affirms he does know—it's his first time building a robot, in one afternoon at that. He thinks it turned out pretty great for a first attempt. Emily tells him it was a sweet gesture. However, Henry Fondle knocks over some candles and sets the floor on fire.

There is plenty of knicker wetting going on in this thread.

We're missing three starters - Ricardo, Evans and Maddison. We should learn from last season and not mess around with our preferred system because of absences. We just fill the gaps with the best available.

So, my line up would be:

Schmeichel
Castagne Justin Soyuncu Thomas
Praet Ndidi TIelemans
Perez Vardy Barnes

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Choudhury, Mendy, Albrighton, Gray, Iheanacho,

Only Justin is out of position but that makes the most sense to me. We're playing a pretty weak opposition. That line up should be good enough to win this match.

1-2 (Barnes, Vardy)

I'm going

Schmeichel
Justin Wilf Big Soy Castagne
Praet Choudhury
Tielemans
Perez Barnes
Vardy

we could well have some 'nervy communications' in the back four. Can see Mendy playing but agree that Praet gets game time for the number 1 ranked international team and so must be ahead of Mendy. Choudhury just gives us that bulldog energy away from home and can (say it quietly) pass the ball forward way better than Mendy....
Save Maddison, gray, nacho, albrighton to give us some good bench options...give Tony James or Steve Walsh a bell if we need someone to sit on the bench for centre half.
At least we’d have someone at the back who could Kikkoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669