Pre Match West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0 to the Baggies

Mental. Absolutely, barnstormingly, wibbletastically, ****ing cuckoo.

Fabulous contribution as ever.

Faes is almost certainly out. I'd also bench the other three outfield players that started both games earlier this week. I'd be staggered if Ricardo and Mavididi start as both struggled as the game went on Wednesday night.

So maybe not so cuckoo.

We'd have been much better off doing a full rotation on Wednesday so we could select a stronger side for this one but there it is.

Faes is almost certainly out. I'd also bench the other three outfield players that started both games earlier this week. I'd be staggered if Ricardo and Mavididi start as both struggled as the game went on Wednesday night.

So maybe not so cuckoo.

We'd have been much better off doing a full rotation on Wednesday so we could select a stronger side for this one but there it is.
Is Vestergaard suspended?

Is Vestergaard suspended?

No, he's the third outfield player that played both games. He was also well off it at Sheffield.

I think you play Coady in the centre or not at all. I'd like to see Coady get a few games now. EM clearly loves Vestergaard but he slows the game down so much.

West Brom have lost four of their last five league games against Leicester (D1), all in the Premier League between 2017 and 2021.

Leicester City have won their last five away league games against West Brom, winning all games in the Premier League between 2014-15 and 2020-21.

West Brom have won five of their last six league games (L1), while at the Hawthorns they have kept a clean sheet in five of their previous six league outings.

Leicester have won just two of their last nine league games that have kicked off at 12:30pm (D4 L3), with those three defeats coming in their last five such games (W1 D1).

Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored seven goals in his last nine league appearances against West Brom, including four in his last three. Indeed, Vardy has six goals in five league appearances against the Baggies at the Hawthorns.

No, he's the third outfield player that played both games. He was also well off it at Sheffield.

I think you play Coady in the centre or not at all. I'd like to see Coady get a few games now. EM clearly loves Vestergaard but he slows the game down so much.
Ah ok. I had it in my head that he was getting near to a suspension and I remember him getting booked on Wednesday (after a feck up), so wondered if he'd got to that point yet.

So maybe not so cuckoo.

Yeah. Except, we struggled to a single point from the side bottom of the league having left out Ndidi and KDH. If we'd have left out many more of our decent players we wouldn't have even got a point. Our squad just isn't as great as you make out. We have some real shit sitting on our bench and you of all people, someone who is always harping on about 'arrogance' in our squad and our management, should know that thinking we can stroll into games with half a team out and still get something from it is foolhardiness.

It's a ****ing ludicrous selection and one that will almost certainly lose. Luckily, it won't be the one we choose.

Team picks itself, apart from the striker

Vardy was total shite the other night. Iheanacho was even worse previously, and is generally total crap, in my opinion

I wouldn’t play either of them, but I just don’t think Maresca is brave enough

Mads
Riccy
Sideshow Bob
Lurch
JJ
Harry Stinks
W’i’l’f
Dewberries
Macca
Lamborghini
Anyone bar Nacho/Vards - I’d give Super Pats a go

Any chance of giving Tom Cannon a run out?

Any chance of giving Tom Cannon a run out?
Nope.
Not even willing to give him his debut when 2-0 up at home against Watford.

Yeah. Except, we struggled to a single point from the side bottom of the league having left out Ndidi and KDH. If we'd have left out many more of our decent players we wouldn't have even got a point. Our squad just isn't as great as you make out. We have some real shit sitting on our bench and you of all people, someone who is always harping on about 'arrogance' in our squad and our management, should know that thinking we can stroll into games with half a team out and still get something from it is foolhardiness.

It's a ****ing ludicrous selection and one that will almost certainly lose. Luckily, it won't be the one we choose.

It's like arguing with a pigeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570