Post Match West Ham 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier, this run will not continue forever and we will hit a bad patch. What is crucial is how we deal with that. Based on last season, it would be advisable to continue with our attacking intent and positive approach to games.

As for Inler, his recent reviews in Italy have not been that great, despite getting rave reviews in his early career. I am still somewhat wary of him as an acquisition. I hope he doesn't turn out to be an expensive flop. Hopefully he will see this an opportunity to prove himself on a new stage.

Like I said earlier, this run will not continue forever and we will hit a bad patch. What is crucial is how we deal with that. Based on last season, it would be advisable to continue with our attacking intent and positive approach to games.

As for Inler, his recent reviews in Italy have not been that great, despite getting rave reviews in his early career. I am still somewhat wary of him as an acquisition. I hope he doesn't turn out to be an expensive flop. Hopefully he will see this an opportunity to prove himself on a new stage.

Micky, your pessimism knows no bounds.

If Inler can hit shots like he did in an earlier clip, he'll be fine. I don't care if some hit row Z, as long as the important ones hit the back of the net. I am also sure there is a lot more to his game than taking on shots from 30 plus metres.

Danny Drinkwater now playing for a manager he actually likes and reaping all the benefits?

Danny Drinkwater now playing for a manager he actually likes and reaping all the benefits?
I wonder what happened when we got promoted then? He played well enough for Pearson until then. I think Brown Nose is probably correct (eugh!), when the team does well, Drink water does.

someone mentioned the current value of our side post the West Ham win.
here would be my estimations, each of which would be values id expect the club to be disappointed not to achieve should any of the current squad move on whilst in contract this year. (remembering Boro just paid £4m for a 30yo David Nugent)

Schmeichel: £8m
De Laet: £2m
Huth £3m
Morgan: £3m
Schlupp: £10m he is electric and will have 50+ premier league games after this season.
Mahrez: £12m
King: £5m another home grown player becoming a young, experienced prem player.
Drinkwater: £4m
Albrighton: £4m back up to his real valuation now he is playing regular prem football again. Remember he was a regular Eng U21
Okazaki: £7m
Vardy: £10m limited unfortunately by his age. if he were 25 the sky would be the limit.

Conservative estimate of £68m for the first XI. If Mahrez has only 5 or 6 more good games then id expect the clamour for him in January to produce a ridiculous offer - with French, Italian and Spanish clubs being keen aswell given how technical a player he is.
Acknowledging that we had Ulloa (£8m), Kramaric (£9m), Kante (£5.6m) and Benalouane (£5.6m) on the bench and £4-5m Inler to join you could argue we now have a £100m matchday squad...which makes it not so surprising that we are producing decent performances like at West Ham.
Its also testament to the recruitment policy (mostly young, hungry players watched for a long time) and the financial management of the owners that we are cashing in at the richest ever time to be a premier league side.

The unknown factor is the effect of a different club/manager/players. I do not think anyone thought at the time of transfer that the French 2nd division signing of Mahrez would turn out to be a masterstroke.

I hope they add another game onto the ban as well. Sick and tired of these appeals for decisions that were clearly correct. It was the same with the Courtois decision the opening game of the season.

I hope they add another game onto the ban as well. Sick and tired of these appeals for decisions that were clearly correct. It was the same with the Courtois decision the opening game of the season.

Exactly this.

Did Courtois not get an extra game added then as that was a blatant piss take appealing that!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566