What Are You Listening To Now?

Nothing like a bit of Neutral Milk Hotel to get your day off to a good start.

Haven't listened to them in years, used to be one of my absolute favourites as a teenager.

Have you ever heard "Little Birds"? It was the last song they did before they broke up and the only post-ITAOTS song of theirs. Absolutely beautiful song and the lyrics go perfectly with "Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2" as well, if you consider the father and brother characters to be the same then THBPt.2 makes a lot more sense.

magazine-because-youre-frightened-2007-digital-remaster.jpg

The Magnetic Fields - When My Boy Walks Down the Street
The Magnetic Fields - Railroad Boy
The Magnetic Fields - Tar-Heel Boy
The Magnetic Fields - I Thought You Were My Boyfriend
The Magnetic Fields - Falling in Love with the Wolfboy
The Magnetic Fields - Zombie Boy

The Magnetic Fields - A Pretty Girl is Like...
The Magnetic Fields - California Girls
Stephin Merritt - The Little Hebrew Girl

Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister.

Wild Beasts - Bed of Nails. Love this song.

Also given Suck it and See its first proper listen after hearing bits and bobs, I like it although its still got a couple of skipable tracks. Seeing the Arctic Monkeys again in November so I had better get well acquainted with them all.

I have consulted my legal team and they have advised me that posting something a whole 3 years after the original makes me immune from the dreaded scoop. :icon_wink

Last edited:
I have consulted my legal team and they have advised me that posting something a whole 3 years after the original makes me immune from the dreaded scoop. :icon_wink

11 - 7 = 4

11 - 7 = 4

I know, my post was supposed to be a reference to one of Jeff's posts from a few days ago when he said the same thing about 3 seconds. I guess I should have put over 3 years ago though.

Last edited:
Several live videos of "Take Ecstacy With Me" on youtube. Could really listen to this song all day. Some of the live versions with Claudia Gonson on vocals on there are amazing.

Last edited:
Well then maybe you SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! :icon_bigg

The phonecall to the cinema hotline was my favourite part of the last series, had me in absolute tears from laughter.

Last edited:
Brilliant! :icon_bigg

The phonecall to the cinema hotline was my favourite part of the last series, had me in absolute tears from laughter.

Stephen?!

The return of the Blah boopedy bah yahs was so funny as were all of Count Buckulees's song wars entries, particularly the royal wedding song. I've had to stop myself from listening to the podcasts on public transport because no matter how many times I've heard the episode it still catches me off guard and makes me rolf.

Just coming! :icon_bigg

Yes, I was going to mention the return of the blah boopedy bah yahs as well! That letter Joe did had me in hysterics as well.

Love A&J! So underrated. I watched the whole of their old tv show on 4OD a couple of summers back, pretty much the funniest sketch show ever, which they'd have done more.

Just coming! :icon_bigg

Yes, I was going to mention the return of the blah boopedy bah yahs as well! That letter Joe did had me in hysterics as well.

Love A&J! So underrated. I watched the whole of their old tv show on 4OD a couple of summers back, pretty much the funniest sketch show ever, which they'd have done more.

Yeah I had a good watch of them on Seesaw.com not long ago. Have you seen Adam Buxton's Countryman shorts staring Monty Buggershop-Hooty? Worth a skeg.

No I haven't. Do you have a link to them?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663