What Does The Future Hold For David Connolly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnstileblue63

With us looking like we are gonna benefit from another £1m from wigan due to them staying up, where do you think DC will be playing next season??? :102:

His current stats this season are: 7 starts (11 as sub) 3 goals

Not much return for £3m hey? - £1m per goal :icon_lol:

Anyone reckon wigan might say forget the £1m and have DC back?
- would we want him? :102:

turnstileblue63 said:
With us looking like we are gonna benefit from another £1m from wigan due to them staying up, where do you think DC will be playing next season??? :102:

No and no

I never rated the road building, bog snorkeling, treacle drinking gimp when he was here anyway. Wigan were fookin' stupid to pay that money.

I am sure there must have been something in his CV about barn doors, cows arses and banjos that the Wigan honchos didn't see.

Keep him there

Best bit of business CL did in my opinion (and I said the same when we were in the relegation zone) - £3m was too good to turn down and I don't think it would have changed our season if he'd stayed.

With transfer fees these days, I wouldn't want to pay any more than half a million for him.

I'd take him back for free along with our £1m though!

would be good get me brother back but cant see it somehow, if it did tho, then IMO DC and i predict a fryatt could form an unbelievable strike force, the best in the league by a country mile!! would be harsh on huuuuuuuuuume not to start cus hes played really well this year but wouldnt mind seeing him given a chance on the right wing cus he likes to play deep to pick up the ball and have a run anyway

matt_c0nn0lly said:
would be good get me brother back but cant see it somehow, if it did tho, then IMO DC and i predict a fryatt could form an unbelievable strike force, the best in the league by a country mile!! would be harsh on huuuuuuuuuume not to start cus hes played really well this year but wouldnt mind seeing him given a chance on the right wing cus he likes to play deep to pick up the ball and have a run anyway
I would possibly agree with that. We didn't see DC with any real striker as a partner.

However, my problem with DC is not what he did for us, it's what he didn't do. I have never seen a player given so many opportunities to score from the 6yrd line and still manage to miss nearly every fookin' time. A decent striker couldn't help him with that.

But, a striker is all about confidence. If your conf is low you don't score. I would give him a chance with MF, if he fooked that up. Kill him

Wouldnt want him back, decent business by the club as I stated at the time, the money was too good to turn down and I honestly believe in Hume and Fryatt we have better players who still have potential to improve.

I also dont believe Connolly would fit in with the current squad and RK's ethic of having a team and squad that fight and battle together, hence why players such as Sylla have fallen by the wayside. Lets take the million and let Connolly worry about his future, IMO he will end up back at a Championship club in the summer.

At the time I was devastated, especially when all we had to fall back onto was MDV. But after watching the Hume/Fryatt partnership grow I saw take the million and run!

Melton Fox said:
I would possibly agree with that. We didn't see DC with any real striker as a partner.

However, my problem with DC is not what he did for us, it's what he didn't do. I have never seen a player given so many opportunities to score from the 6yrd line and still manage to miss nearly every fookin' time. A decent striker couldn't help him with that.

But, a striker is all about confidence. If your conf is low you don't score. I would give him a chance with MF, if he fooked that up. Kill him

his record for us wasn't great but i would say that he was very unlucky last season, u say you have never seen anyone miss so much from 6 yards, did u not support leicester when a player by the name of Ade Akin 'really bad, as in worst in the world' buy wore a city shirt?? and have you ever seen anyone hit the woodworl as much. the start of this year, he showed us what he is about, if he stayed here he would of continued scoring like there was no tommorow IMO but to be fair 3 million was the better option although DC has got about the best strike rate from a player in this division, if u take his season he was at wimbledon. that year he scored loads for a team that was relegated and was injured for a feew weeks at the start an unbelievable achievment.

however at the moment could not ask for more from huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume and I PREDICT A FRYATT!!

Last edited:
matt_c0nn0lly said:
his record for us wasn't great but i would say that he was very unlucky last season, u say you have never seen anyone miss so much from 6 yards, did u not support leicester when a player by the name of Ade Akin 'really bad, as in worst in the world' buy wore a city shirt?? and have you ever seen anyone hit the woodworl as much. the start of this year, he showed us what he is about, if he stayed here he would of continued scoring like there was no tommorow IMO but to be fair 3 million was the better option although DC has got about the best strike rate from a player in this division, if u take his season he was at wimbledon. that year he scored loads for a team that was relegated and was injured for a feew weeks at the start an unbelievable achievment.

however at the moment could not ask for more from huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume and I PREDICT A FRYATT!!
Somethings I pretend never happened

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I have never seen a player given so many opportunities to score from the 6yrd line and still manage to miss nearly every fookin' time.

give Elvis time and he'll beat the record :icon_roll

Connolly hit the post about 72 times last season I think... I don't think Elvis could beat that even if he tried...

this is sickening, going on about Elvis and DC hitting wood.......:eek:

Leigh said:
... I don't think Elvis could beat that even if he tried...
no he would even miss the fecking wood work.

turnstileblue63 said:

They might say it - we should tell them to keep him and send the money.

I wondered if connolly got wind of premiership interest early on and hence his form improved for the stoke game etc.

The question rephrased is, is connolly worth 1 million?

I think he is 28/29 now.

My answer is no.

Keep him gone, enjoy the Wigan bench Conners, would not for a second want to disturn Hume and Fryatt up front right now....

alex said:
Keep him gone, enjoy the Wigan bench Conners, would not for a second want to disturn Hume and Fryatt up front right now....
along similar lines if dc came back would he not just be warming our bench with the way the front two are working so well together?

Motown Fox said:
That means we would have ended up paying more as didn't we have to pay West Ham a slice of the profit??
I think you are right, having said that most transfers these days include a sell-on clause. Anyway, I wouldn't have him back, he is too much of a nomad, and doesn't seen to settle, and he is not qiute as good as he thinks he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669