What happened to the old songs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have they all gone ? hopefully not lost forever ! We used to have songs that went on for a couple of verses and we kept it going for ages.( oh er mrs ) We can`t even get the present ones right . I always thought it was whoevers blue AND white army,and that even gets changed to just micky adams. Come on boys ask around and try to find the old songs I know. This is not so old but a goodie- Once upon a time,there was a spion kop where we used to throw a can or two-Remember how we passed away the hours watching those boys in royal blue-Those were the days my friend we thought they`d never end we`d sing and dance forever and a day-we`d live the life we choose we`d fight and never loose cus we were young and sure to have our way la, la ,la, la ,la la la (keep going for as long as poss) Go on ask yer dads !

Steve Kembers Shin Pads said:
Where have they all gone ? hopefully not lost forever ! We used to have songs that went on for a couple of verses and we kept it going for ages.( oh er mrs ) We can`t even get the present ones right . I always thought it was whoevers blue AND white army,and that even gets changed to just micky adams. Come on boys ask around and try to find the old songs I know. This is not so old but a goodie- Once upon a time,there was a spion kop where we used to throw a can or two-Remember how we passed away the hours watching those boys in royal blue-Those were the days my friend we thought they`d never end we`d sing and dance forever and a day-we`d live the life we choose we`d fight and never loose cus we were young and sure to have our way la, la ,la, la ,la la la (keep going for as long as poss) Go on ask yer dads !

i always liked "if i had the arse of a cow"

:roll:

I think the row that I sit on is possibly the only one in the stadium that responds to Micky Adams' with Blue & White army! When L1 begin up the Micky Adams chant there are a few of us in J3 who continue with the 2nd part to it. By a few though I mean a few.

se4_fox said:

is that a typo or a misheard lyric?

surely that's 'arse of a crow'

i acan only thing of one authrntic leicester song, and when i'm pissed it can be heard echoing around the streets of cornwall still.

goes back to the 60s and 70s (pre old skool)

"when you're feeling tired and weary your heart may skip a beat"

you'll gert your get your F#####g head kicked in if you walk down filbert street

you walk into the spion kop you'll hear our mighty roar

f##k of you forest bastards we are the leicester boys!

sang with pride a cheeky grin and nostalgic tear in eye :wink:

cornishsoulfox said:
i acan only thing of one authrntic leicester song, and when i'm pissed it can be heard echoing around the streets of cornwall still.

goes back to the 60s and 70s (pre old skool)

"when you're feeling tired and weary your heart may skip a beat"

you'll gert your get your F#####g head kicked in if you walk down filbert street

you walk into the spion kop you'll hear our mighty roar

f##k of you forest bastards we are the leicester boys!

sang with pride a cheeky grin and nostalgic tear in eye :wink:

that should have been think and authentic, sorry too much guiness :D :D :D last night

Billy Boy said:
Macky said:
se4_fox said:

Perhaps he want's a bigger arse? :roll:

has the whole world gone mental?

if i had the arse of a COW, if i had the wings of a CROW

it'd fly over nottingham forest and shit on the bastards below

and my arse is quite big enough :shock:

if you got a big nail, you need a big hammer

se4_fox said:
Billy Boy said:
Macky said:
se4_fox said:

Perhaps he want's a bigger arse? :roll:

The actual version sung is...........................

If I had the wings of an eagle,
If I had the arse of a crow..........................

Nice analgy about the hammer though.

:lol:

Billy Boy said:
se4_fox said:

The actual version sung is...........................

If I had the wings of an eagle,
If I had the arse of a crow..........................

Nice analgy about the hammer though.

:lol:

aaaah, people in pen 2 never did enunciate well

How about the one for the sheep shaggers which went something along the lines of -Theres a circus in the town (in the town )its called the baseball ground .Then the memory fades a bit (this is not part of the song )Iknow Robert Maxwell gets a mention and drowns.sorry can`t recall any more but i just love the ones which slag off derby and forest.

How about the one for the sheep shaggers which went something along the lines of -Theres a circus in the town (in the town )its called the baseball ground .Then the memory fades a bit (this is not part of the song )Iknow Robert Maxwell gets a mention and drowns.sorry can`t recall any more but i just love the ones which slag off derby and forest.

there is a circus in the town, in the town
robert maxwell's gone and drowned, gone and drowned
arthur cox has got the ****ing pox
and derby county's going down, going down

sheep, sheep, sheep shaggers, baaaaaaa

At the end of Tuesdays game after we had won and the trees had lost I thought a rendition of..
"I've never felt more like singing the blues
When Leicester win and F####t lose,
Oh Leicester, you got me singing the blues"
Would be forthcoming, :roll: but alas.....
By the way anyone watching the golf. Early days yet but we got the loudmouth yanks on the run :twisted:

I want to meet the person who wrote:-

Walshy wherever you may be,
will you be fit when we play Derby,
will you be fit when we win at Wem-ber-ley,
Stevie Walsh and his f*cked up knee.

Written before we played them in the Play-Off Final.

Genius!!

xsubmariner said:
At the end of Tuesdays game after we had won and the trees had lost I thought a rendition of..
"I've never felt more like singing the blues
When Leicester win and F####t lose,
Oh Leicester, you got me singing the blues"
Would be forthcoming, :roll: but alas.....
By the way anyone watching the golf. Early days yet but we got the loudmouth yanks on the run :twisted:

Some of the kop gave that one a blast after about 70 mins, I blame it for the Blunts comeback not the Mexican wave. :roll:

Can't say as I heard it. I was only in row D in the kop. If they did however, full marks but louder next time.
This weekend for Burnley, how about a rendition of the hovis tune..
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570