What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's with one of these call centres, they need a Swedish speaker and I'm not fussy about the job as it's only over the summer (I think).

That'll be at the business park beside the Metrocentre - Good location for transport etc so you can take your pick from where to stay.

done do it son, its demeaning work! its hideous

I know, I work in one at the moment (technical support). But it's only temporary as I said and I'm not sure about the job oppurtunities otherwise tbh.

What's your, presumably negative, callcentre experience? :)

That'll be at the business park beside the Metrocentre - Good location for transport etc so you can take your pick from where to stay.
Ah, great

I know, I work in one at the moment (technical support). But it's only temporary as I said and I'm not sure about the job oppurtunities otherw*s* tbh.

What's your, presumably negative, callcentre experience? :)

taking a temporary job and being there 3 1/2 years later:icon_razz

What are you doing then? :) Can't be that bad...

I work at IBM serving AstraZeneca's employees (their technical support is outsourced to us). Haven't been here very long so stressful but actually not too bad once you get to know the standard solution to common issues.

Last edited:

I work at IBM serving AstraZeneca's employees (their technical support is outsourced to us). Haven't been here very long so stressful but actually not too bad once you get to know the standard solution to common issues.

i got made redundant, and i was so happy

found a better job that doesnt require me to condesend to the public

I can top that. I started on a six month contract, was extended in 3 month blocks 6 times, and now I've just received my 25 years service certificate.

I work at IBM serving AstraZeneca's employees (their technical support is outsourced to us). Haven't been here very long so stressful but actually not too bad once you get to know the phrase Turn it off and turn it back on again .

Thats the one.

I get a couple of those calls every day. You're always reluctant to ask that as they usually say "of course I have" and then it turns out it was all that was needed.

One thing I used to get was the woman in one office would call me first thing in the morning to say her computer was broken. So I'd go to have a look and find that the cleaner had given it a wipe and knocked the brightness control to the lowest position, so nothing appeared on the screen.
Two weeks later I'd get the same call, for the same problem. Then again two weeks later, etc...
She wouldn't learn, no matter how many times it happened.

When you're in a job like that you should never underestimate the stupidity of the people you're trying to support.

One thing I used to get was the woman in one office would call me first thing in the morning to say her computer was broken. So I'd go to have a look and find that the cleaner had given it a wipe and knocked the brightness control to the lowest position, so nothing appeared on the screen.
Two weeks later I'd get the same call, for the same problem. Then again two weeks later, etc...
She wouldn't learn, no matter how many times it happened.

When you're in a job like that you should never underestimate the stupidity of the people you're trying to support.

Maybe she just liked seeing you on a Monday morning :054:

Just after finishing writing my autobiography

7b2f9a0f6736545b7aaa806fcfd67e9a34242151_m.gif

Finally got down to starting an absolute bitch of an assignment on social deprivation, I need to use excel and minitab, all that statistical shit and I just don't have the knowledge or interest to do so. These cheeky fecking lecturers, making us do work FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669