What have you been to see live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to see Bruce Springsteen in Stockholm on Saturday. I hope you're jealous, Spion.

I'm seeing him at the Ricoh in June. That's in Coventry. I trust you are suitably underwhelmed :icon_lol:

I'm seeing him at the Ricoh in June. That's in Coventry. I trust you are suitably underwhelmed :icon_lol:

Coventry is very exotic for us foreigners you know.

You've been to see him before, I presume? I've seen him once, in Rome four years ago. The stadium was half full, should be something else this time - he is MASSIVE in Sweden for some reason. He's doing three concerts in Stockholm in a 50 000+ stadium, sold out months ago, tickets are now going for several hundred pounds.

You've been to see him before, I presume?

Nope, never. This is my first time and I will always regret not going when he was really in his prime.

Still..... good things come to those who wait!

Nope, never. This is my first time and I will always regret not going when he was really in his prime.

Still..... good things come to those who wait!

You weren't Blinded by the Light before then?

Not a Springsteen fan myself but I was unaware until the other week that he wrote the song that I always associated with the Manfred Mann Band

Last edited by a moderator:
Modest Mouse and Derren Brown coming up.

Not a Springsteen fan myself but I was unaware until the other week that he wrote the song that I always associated with the Manfred Mann Band

That great, great song by Patti Smith - "Because the Night".

That's one of his too!

Not a Springsteen fan myself

Me neither MoFo. I'd honestly sooner sit dehydrating out dog turds with a hairdryer than go to one of his concerts. I presume it's still called a 'concert' when old people sing shit songs on stage?

I've seen Guns N Roses live, back in 1993. The last proper GNR line up.

I saw Journey at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall in 2008. It was excellent because the hall was so intimate, and it also helped that I was only about 5 rows from the front. It was also the 1st time I got to see the new lead singer Arnel Pineada. They had tried to replace Steve Perry with a couple of singers, both good, but they didn't have Perry's sound, but when this guy 1st sang I couldn't believe how much like Perry he sounded. He was brilliant.

I'm going to see Journey on the 28th of this month, and Rod Stewart in June.

Me neither MoFo. I'd honestly sooner sit dehydrating out dog turds with a hairdryer than go to one of his concerts. I presume it's still called a 'concert' when old people sing shit songs on stage?

****ing Luddite :098:

:icon_wink

I think it's actually called a pension plan now, such a pity that the modern music industry is so shit that any old act can carry on forever.

You weren't Blinded by the Light before then?

He also wrote Spirits in the Night, also recorded by Mannfred Mann's Earth Band

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Fest.

The least dull bit of taking four teenagers to watch cars drive for a short distance in a straight line, at Santa Pod, was flag spotting:

uploadfromtaptalk1367770401372.jpg

Seeing them in Nottingham? My wife and I also have tickets. Plus seeing Postal Service in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, it was meant to be at Rescue Rooms but has been moved to Rock City which is a slight shame, nevermind though.

Have you seen MM before? One of my favourite bands and to my shame this will be the first time I've been to see them.

Leicester City v Watford

Wasn't too bad to be fair.

Yeah, it was meant to be at Rescue Rooms but has been moved to Rock City which is a slight shame, nevermind though.

Have you seen MM before? One of my favourite bands and to my shame this will be the first time I've been to see them.

My wife has, and my sister in law just saw them in Tucson in April. I much prefer the Rescue Rooms (saw Okkervil River there), but hey ho, apparently they were really good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570