What is there to see and do in Dublin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
Will be there for one day only. Apart from drinking Guinness what is there to do?

Will be there for one day only. Apart from drinking Guinness what is there to do?

Guiness factory tour is worth a visit. If you use the guide buses to get there, that can be entertaining too. Thought Dublin was over-rated as a whole to be honest.

Guiness factory tour is worth a visit. If you use the guide buses to get there, that can be entertaining too. Thought Dublin was over-rated as a whole to be honest.

That's what I thought, a bit like visiting Wrexham, Cardiff or Edinburgh,

Not a lot. And you can drink Guinness (or anything else) a lot more cheaply in any English city.

don't we have these threads every few months or so?

you can drink Guinness ... a lot more cheaply in any English city.

You probably can, but it will not taste the same. Guinness served up in the UK is inferior to what you will get in an Irish pub. Trite, but true.

You probably can, but it will not taste the same. Guinness served up in the UK is inferior to what you will get in an Irish pub. Trite, but true.
most uk places i agree, but if you go to a pub where they shift a lot and the landlord knows what he's doing it tastes the same. However, it will only taste better because you're away, if that makes sense.
The irish also know how to serve it, which makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
We do. It's about now you recommend some nightclub full of nurse clunge thats not been there since 1982 :)
Copper faced jack's is shut?
Shame that, full of nurses it was....:icon_wink

It might have been so when that which was being drunk in England was being brewed at Park Royal, but I doubt it is now that it all comes from St James's Gate. The skill and patience of the pourer might have more to do with it.

I'd have agreed with that 5-10 years ago but since we've started to get the Dublin brewed stuff it's not far away and as MK says at somewhere that takes a bit of care with it, it's the same IMO.

..... so nothing to do but drink Guinness. I can see this is going to be a memorable day...:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669