What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
Well don't ask daft questions!

It was a joke beacause it was about the longest thread known to man... jeeeeesh.

Pop a chill pill pecadillo.

Babylon said:
It was a joke beacause it was about the longest thread known to man... jeeeeesh.

Pop a chill pill pecadillo.

And my response was also a joke.

Take a dose of your own suggested medicine.

bocadillo said:
And my response was also a joke.

Take a dose of your own suggested medicine.

No.

Redditch Fox said:
I doubt if anyone with serious money to 'invest' would buy that arrangement.

Also - if this club isn't being run on a 'limp along' model, i don't know what is.
Clearly, the club is seriously strapped for cash and looking at cut backs. The playing strength is already weak in numbers alone. The best player is already committed to leaving the club this summer.The way seems to being prepared for parting with at least one other marketable player.

It's not a question of blame - its one of economics.

Let's get real - the club only raised just enough cash to come out of administration; revenue projections are down reflecting poor results over an extended period; the stadium is in hoc......you don't have to be an Alan Sugar to work out that this is not exactly a buoyant situation.

I thought this arrangement was what you were promoting, otherwise MG or somebody else with the money to buy the club and invest £5m on the team would be more than welcome to the existing shareholders.

As for the economics I would suggest we are reasonably healthy position, certainly when compared to all other teams in the division apart from those with a sugar daddy, which is only 2/3 approx.

As for players leaving I would expect the club to keep all of the major players, unless they themselves want to leave or the offer is too good to turn down.

The only issue I would like more info on is the stadium / mortage situation, but then the vast majority of teams do not own their own stadiums (Forest), so is that such a major issue.

1966 said:
The only issue I would like more info on is the stadium / mortage situation, but then the vast majority of teams do not own their own stadiums (Forest), so is that such a major issue.

While we are in the Championship the payments we make don't cover the interest, therefore the debt grows slightly each year.

When in the Premiership, we pay over £3m/year & if we stayed in the Prem for a decade we would own the stadium.

That in a nutshell explains the current financial set up of the stadium finance. The club of course could seek another financial arrangement & this was looked at seriously when the ground share option was being considered.

Foxes_Trust said:
While we are in the Championship the payments we make don't cover the interest, therefore the debt grows slightly each year.

When in the Premiership, we pay over £3m/year & if we stayed in the Prem for a decade we would own the stadium.

That in a nutshell explains the current financial set up of the stadium finance. The club of course could seek another financial arrangement & this was looked at seriously when the ground share option was being considered.

I thought since admin, we did not have a mortgage on the stadium, but now paid rent, with the rent payable depending on what division we are in?

FT their also other ways of looking at it, when compared to leeds and cardiff our financial management has looked shockingly poor.

Last season cardiff needed a loan to pay their players and after some financial juggling they able to compete in the transfer market and get themselves fighting for a playoff spot.

Likewise leeds who had bigger debts then us and roughly equal attendances have had some investment from mr bates and look ambitious.

We are a bigger club then cardiff I feel and they have debts of over 15 million and can shrug them off so why cant we? it seems our people in charge of this are not handling it too well and not very good at atrracting investment.

This doesnt bode well for the manager situation in the summer either, how do we sell the job? umm we want promotion but you have to do it on a budget comparable to crewe.

Last edited:
Chrysalis said:
FT their also other ways of looking at it, when compared to leeds and cardiff our financial management has looked shockingly poor.

Last season cardiff needed a loan to pay their players and after some financial juggling they able to compete in the transfer market and get themselves fighting for a playoff spot.

Likewise leeds who had bigger debts then us and roughly equal attendances have had some investment from mr bates and look ambitious.

We are a bigger club then cardiff I feel and they have debts of over 15 million and can shrug them off so why cant we? it seems our people in charge of this are not handling it too well and not very good at atrracting investment.

This doesnt bode well for the manager situation in the summer either, how do we sell the job? umm we want promotion but you have to do it on a budget comparable to crewe.
I still find the whole Leeds thing amazing. "Leeds have 1 week to pay off their debts before folding"..."Leeds have been given another week to pay of their debts"....."another fookin week"....."and another fookin' week"

Now look at them, flying high in the table with no stigma attached. Scum. How was this allowed to happen. I don't mean Bates, I mean the continuous stay of execution that was granted every week until they found an investor. A deadline is a deadline. Ok extensions are granted, but that was a joke.

Last edited:
1966 said:
My point is not a moan it is a statement of fact. MG is not a young man he is 63/64 and by my understanding has been in a position to invest significantly in the past but has decided against it.

If the situation is different now and he is willing to buy the club and invest £5m plus in new players then great, but if he simply wants to buy the club and run it under roughly the same financial conditions then personally I would rather stick with the current ownership structure, who as I have commented before are doing an OK job in difficult circumstances.

A sugar daddy, similar to Jack Walker at Newcastle, represent every fans christmas and birthday roled into one and I believe would be welcomed by all. But football is littered with football clubs who have been destroyed by so called saviours who have turned out to be anything but.

Not sure I agree with the second paragraph, but it's a reasonable argument, and the third paragraph is very true.

But 'your understanding' in the 1st is unfortunately wrong - MG's never been struggling to put food on the table in the period you're talking about, but he's never had the cash to invest in a significant manner before (in a way that could radically change the transfer policy for example) - the only way in which he could have done is to liquidate other holdings, which was what I was trying to say - why should he if it wasn't a sensible business decision?

The amounts he could have invested in the past to us are huge sums, but in football wouldn't have made a massive impact. If he had have made these smaller investments in the past, the chances are he would not be in the position he is rumoured to be in now. The man's a very intelligent chap, and I know for a fact he loves the club (why else would he still be around after all the crap he got?) and I for one would welcome him back running the club, major investment or not.

But as the FT posted before, this might be a hypotethical scenario anyway, so why get our knickers in a twist about it ;)

Melton Fox said:
I still find the whole Leeds thing amazing. "Leeds have 1 week to pay off their debts before folding"..."Leeds have been given another week to pay of their debts"....."another fookin week"....."and another fookin' week"

Now look at them, flying high in the table with no stigma attached. Scum. How was this allowed to happen. I don't mean Bates, I mean the continuous stay of execution that was granted every week until they found an investor. A deadline is a deadline. Ok extensions are granted, but that was a joke.

Well they did what were accussed of doing. Shifting the debt to other companies, and setting up new companies with no debt and moving the ownership of the club between them.

And yet non of the press care:013:

1966 said:
My point is not a moan it is a statement of fact. MG is not a young man he is 63/64 and by my understanding has been in a position to invest significantly in the past but has decided against it.

If the situation is different now and he is willing to buy the club and invest £5m plus in new players then great, but if he simply wants to buy the club and run it under roughly the same financial conditions then personally I would rather stick with the current ownership structure, who as I have commented before are doing an OK job in difficult circumstances.

A sugar daddy, similar to Jack Walker at Newcastle, represent every fans christmas and birthday roled into one and I believe would be welcomed by all. But football is littered with football clubs who have been destroyed by so called saviours who have turned out to be anything but.

I heard that MG has just recived in excess of £100 million? Could that be the reason hes looking to invest now?

Chrysalis said:

Don't know other clubs finances as well as our own.

Leeds money came from Bates & he knows how to play the financial game re-debts.

Cardiff aren't paying for a new stadium & have never had players on the level of wages that our club has had. Remember the playing budget is still in the top 6 of clubs in oue division - we should be able to achieve things on that level of expenditure.

In terms of attracting new investment, how would you go about it then?

Fox Fan said:
I heard that MG has just recived in excess of £100 million? Could that be the reason hes looking to invest now?

When MG has told us directly and confirmed he wants to put serious money into the club we will believe it, until then.....

There are obviously numerous individuals who seem convinced that MG or others are waiting in the wings ready to invest substantially in the club, where does this confidence come from ?

If there are individuals with the finances and passion to run the club differently, what would their plans be - buy the club and run it / just run it ?

Finally how much would they expect to spend on transfer fees for new players in the first season.

Foxes_Trust said:

So while we are in the championship how much do we pay each year in actual figures ?

Foxes_Trust said:

Jesus we are fooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670