Where do you all reckon you'll finish this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With just over a week to go before we take on Wassock's boys, do I detect some positive vibes?
This time last year we (OK MK a lot of us) were optimistic that we were gonna bounce straight back to the promised land with MA's saga squad. Didn't we end up with egg on our faces!!
Now, the deadwood has gone, make way for the new young blood, the new energy. It is exciting times (even you have gotta agree to that MK).
We wont end up with egg this time. If we don't make it , it wont be because we didn't try.
Let battle commence....

Fair play xsub. Fingers crossed.

Chrysalis said:
You think finishing position goals scored is deciding factor? or points.

If scoring goals was the main thing then we wouldnt have got relegated 2 years back since away from home we was the 3rd highest scorers only losing out to chelsea and arsenal, we scored more then man u.

Good teams are built from the back and just because other teams are more potent up front its no good if they lose 2-3 or are 3-0 up and end up 3-3. This team we got I think is capable of holding slender leads such as 1-0 or 2-0 and will get results.

I think that we will continue to draw more games than most teams - and since the change in the points system - we can kid ourselves that a draw is sometimes a well won point, but in reality a draw per match just gets you fixed in the lower reaches of the table. Boring and simple as that.

But also, another reality is that no one has a basis for making an accurate assessment how this team will perform - but we do know that it's light on strikers and that the division looks at least as strong as last year - so whilst we all want to believe that the team will do exeptionally well, there isn't much evidence to back that up.

DurhamFox said:
Honestly!!

The absolute main aim of the club is promotion this season and I for one believe we will achieve it, or at least make the play offs when it becomes a bit of a lottery.

Get positive people.

Weel said Durham. Positivity is the key for us this season IMO.:038:

I agree we light on strikers.

My view on what we should achieve this year to avoid failure is above mid table finish with strong performances, perhaps 5th to 12th. Of course the club will have told craig they want promotion since if we dont get it there is no parachute payment next year.

fcukcov said:
Weel said Durham. Positivity is the key for us this season IMO.:038:

IMO being positive is about wanting to see some evidence of improvement and squad building. The crucial thing is to give CL some time to build longer term success.

Expectations about achieving promotion may be useful for selling tickets but will most likely rebound into unjustified criticism when the results don't happen.

I just can't see the present set up scoring anything like the number of goals that will be the basis of a promotion challenge. It has been intelligently mentioned that in our relegation season we scored plenty of goals but still went down. That is correct, but some of us thought (along with some media pundits) that because we then had three half decent strikers - Ferdinand, Dickov and Bent that we had a fighting chance. If we had had a manager with a tactical brain then - I think we might well have avoided relegation i.e. the squad underperformed relative to its playing strength. We lost all those strikers and - understandably- have not been able to replace them with adequate replacements. nor replacements to the standard of the Deane/ Dickov duo that knocked in around 40 goals in our last promotion season.

that said I do agree, our striking strength I feel is weaker then both the relegation season and the promotion season before it. But is stronger then last year. Reason been I expect better service this year. However I feel we wont finish top 2 because this isnt craig's premium season it is his first full rebuilding season, if we get the 4th striker we are all waiting for I think a play off spot is acheivable. But providing we finish above 12th and see some good football I will be satisfied.

MKFox said:
Bottom third, if we're lucky, bottom half

jesus, never thought I'd over estimate....:icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675