Where have all the smilies gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
I changed it yesterday when I realised it didn't fit on the screen properly using lower resolutions.
Fukk 'em, invest more, gain more.

This is really annoying me now, we have half the quick smilies we did. If you noticed it didnt fit low res screens Jeff then it sounds like nobody using a bloody BBC or an Acorn has moaned.....

Last edited:
Durham Fox said:
This is really annoying me now, we have half the quick smilies we did. If you noticed it didnt fit low res screens Jeff then it sounds like nobody using a bloody BBC or an Acorn has moaned.....

Th number of smilies on the enhanced editor (which most people use) has gone from 30 to 21, which is not much of a change.

I didn't realise I'd changed the number on the wysiwyg editor, which you're using. How many can you see now, and how many did you used to see?

Jeff said:
I noticed it just after adding the tumbleweed one, which is wider than the others and was distorting the display. Maybe I should remove the tumbleweed one.

Can the tumbelweed go in the main box but not on the quick box?? Would that solve it???

Jeff said:
Th number of smilies on the enhanced editor (which most people use) has gone from 30 to 21, which is not much of a change.

I didn't realise I'd changed the number on the wysiwyg editor, which you're using. How many can you see now, and how many did you used to see?

wysiwyg is back to 3 rows of 3. Which doesnt even contain a basic wink or luaghing smilie.

Last edited:
I've just changed to the wysiwyg mode and I'm seeing seven rows of three smilies, the same as the enhanced mode.

Can you do a screen dump and send it to me so I can see what you're seeing.

webmaster said:
You've got seven rows of three on there, you said you'd only got 3x3 :102:

Sorry meant 3 rows of 7 :icon_roll

Its still less, there is no laughing smilie or winking one. It seems to have reverted to the original settings Jeff where it chooses a random selection each time.

Durham Fox said:
Sorry meant 3 rows of 7 :icon_roll

Its still less, there is no laughing smilie or winking one. It seems to have reverted to the original settings Jeff where it chooses a random selection each time.

FFS, the way people were reacting I thought there was a serious problem, it's only changed from 30 to 21, hardly worth the "where have all the smilies gone" or "we have half the quick smilies we did" type comments. Makes me realise how much I hated working in a PC support job, people never properly describe the problem they're having. :018:

The way it's selecting them hasn't changed, but maybe it's more noticeable that some are chnging when there are fewer there.
I don't want to make it any wider, but I'll change the number of rows instead, to bring it closer to the number we had before.

webmaster said:
FFS, the way people were reacting I thought there was a serious problem, it's only changed from 30 to 21, hardly worth the "where have all the smilies gone" or "we have half the quick smilies we did" type comments. Makes me realise how much I hated working in a PC support job, people never properly describe the problem they're having. :018:

The way it's selecting them hasn't changed, but maybe it's more noticeable that some are chnging when there are fewer there.
I don't want to make it any wider, but I'll change the number of rows instead, to bring it closer to the number we had before.

I suppose its just more noticable then, its just annoying when you have to wait for the additonal window to open to select a basic, everyday smilie.

(Makes me realise how argumentative PC support people are ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566