Which

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Band who have now split up would you liked to have seen live ?
Mine would be The Skids,bit obscure I know:icon_redf

Article with Foxton and Buckler in todays Independent,they are touring with a Singer/Lead Guitarist and a Second guitarist.I saw them at the De Mont and Wembley Arena...first one was great the second one was awful

Jesus and Mary Chain - hopefully 2007 will be the year

Band who have now split up would you liked to have seen live ?
Mine would be The Skids,bit obscure I know:icon_redf

I heard on 6Music on Monday that 'The Skids are to reform' for some festival and/or shows. Guitar duties are to be taken by a Big Country guitarist (can't remember name).

No doubt Rich Jobson could do with a few quid.

Just found a link.... http://news.scotsman.com/music.cfm?id=506182007

Last edited:
I heard on 6Music on Monday that 'The Skids are to reform' for some festival and/or shows. Guitar duties are to be taken by a Big Country guitarist (can't remember name).

No doubt Rich Jobson could do with a few quid.

Won't be the same without Stuart Adamson,I'd imagine its Bruce Watson...I certainly will not be going

I really wish I'd seen Joy Division.

I was going to quite a few gigs at the time of Ian Curtis' death and would have most prob seen them at some point, but music history changed in summer 1980.

I'm not a big fan of bands reforming,I think it sort of cheapens them.When its over its over IMO

I'm not a big fan of bands reforming,I think it sort of cheapens them.When its over its over IMO

Agreed. I think also you're view of a band can be spoiled depending on what time you see them in their careers.

I'd love to have seen the George Formby tribute band in their very early days before hype spoiled them and any old tom, dick and harry went to see em.

It's all about seeing the artist at the right, I'd imagine The Smith not to be very good at 'Strangeways' era.

Joy Division, Jesus And The Mary Chain and My Bloody Valentine

Yes! And The VU, Television, Pixies (although it's still possible), Neutral Milk Hotel, The Smiths, Pavement and some more i can't think of atm...

Oh, and Nick Drake, of course, although he was supposed to be awful live (to shy, couldn't look at the audience, sang to the floor not the microphone...)

Yes, although judging from their reformation DVD a couple of years back, The Pixies can still deliver...

Postscript - just got tickets for the Jesus and Mary Chain as part of the Meltdown festival in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669