Speculation Who do you want for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why so many are happy to get rid of Dyer. He is one of the most improved players since Pearson's return. Width is one of the key things that we lack so it would be ludicrous to ship him out.

I'd let Gallagher go, he's not a natural wide player and he is far too inconsistent to be a part of our squad. I think Marshall can adequately take over his dead ball duties and improve on them. Wellens I would keep but only as a squad player. Howard needs to go, he's too old and too ineffective now, the decision to offer him a new contract was possibly one of the worst that Sven made during his time here. The Mills Pearson situation seems untenable and with his high wages we need to get rid if he isn't going to play.

All of the out of contract players need to be let go with possibly the exception of Vassell. That would all hinge on how his injury has affected his pace and stamina. I think we have missed him this season since he's been out and if he has retained that I would certainly offer him a deal for another year.

Dyer - not good enough.

Ideally we need to get rid of a lot - but its easy to say and difficult to do. Selling players we don't want means we get next to nothing for them. Sven has stuffed the club long term with silly wages - unrealistic contracts.

Marshall, Morgan & Drinkwater all look as if they want to play for Leicester. Any or all of the rest can go as far as I'm concerned - the only one of them I enjoy watching is Sol Bamba - the keeper is ok too but not quite as good as we delude ourselves into wanting to believe.

Ridiculous even discussing the likes of Gallagher - he's ridden the system at the KP for far too long. King is also a passenger these days anf has been so for a couple of years. Wellens past it but can play football. Nugent tolerable partly because like Sol he plays with a smile on his face.

I think we could kid ourselves about Vassell. His game is a young man's game - lose a yard or so of pace and he's yesterday's man.

I want a big clear out and a fresh start - but wanting is one thing and achieving it is another. The owners are silent at the moment. The one consolation we should all have is that we are not taking the financial hit for these losers - they are and will be for some time whether they stay or try to sell up.

I think we should let the out of contract players move on, Vassell included. No use for any of them IMO. I expect Nigel will look to bring in some exciting new players again provided we don't do the silly thing and sack him! It would probably be quicker for me to the list the players I'd like to see back next year and they are:

Schmeichel
Peltier
Bamba
Morgan
Danns
Wellens
Marshall
Dyer (Yes he's a one trick pony, but it's a good trick to have - useful squad player to have at this level)
Nugent
Beckford

If anyone else left I can't say I'd be too fussed... we really need to look to improve defensively next year in particular. Maybe another winger in the Marshall ilk wouldn't go amiss - someone with a bit of creativity.

I think we should let the out of contract players move on, Vassell included. No use for any of them IMO. I expect Nigel will look to bring in some exciting new players again provided we don't do the silly thing and sack him! It would probably be quicker for me to the list the players I'd like to see back next year and they are:

Schmeichel
Peltier
Bamba
Morgan
Danns
Wellens
Marshall
Dyer (Yes he's a one trick pony, but it's a good trick to have - useful squad player to have at this level)
Nugent
Beckford

If anyone else left I can't say I'd be too fussed... we really need to look to improve defensively next year in particular. Maybe another winger in the Marshall ilk wouldn't go amiss - someone with a bit of creativity.

I thought that I was going mad, looking at some of the lists on here, but this is not too far off mine. I would keep Mills - OK he may not have set the world alight, yet, but I still think that he has class. I would also put St Ledger ahead of Morgan.

I am not sure that it is the defence that needs strengthening, rather I would like to see some protection from a ball winning midfielder: I still hear John Motson's laughter at the way Chelsea walked through our midfield time and again echoing through my brain.

Why in the name of Jeebus are so many people on here keen to get rid of Andy King?!

He scored 16 goals last season and 11 the season before, he is the one midfielder in our squad who can actually chip in with a decent goals tally and create something from nothing. He's not had a great season by his standards, but he's been hampered by injuries which will take time to recover from.

It absolutely beggars belief. People on here are often crying out for young talent to come through the academy and to be given a chance in the first team. Yet this lad, who only in his 4th full season as a player, has gotten better every season so far and he will continue to improve. He knocks players like Danns, Wellens and Drinkwater into a cocked hat and I am absolutely astonished that people would ship him out for next to nothing... When fit, he's the first name on the teamsheet for me.

King is also a passenger these days anf has been so for a couple of years.

Seriously? The lad who's only been in the side for four seasons, scored 16 goals last season and 11 the season before? Have a word with yourself.

Why in the name of Jeebus are so many people on here keen to get rid of Andy King?!

He scored 16 goals last season and 11 the season before, he is the one midfielder in our squad who can actually chip in with a decent goals tally and create something from nothing. He's not had a great season by his standards, but he's been hampered by injuries which will take time to recover from.

It absolutely beggars belief. People on here are often crying out for young talent to come through the academy and to be given a chance in the first team. Yet this lad, who only in his 4th full season as a player, has gotten better every season so far and he will continue to improve. He knocks players like Danns, Wellens and Drinkwater into a cocked hat and I am absolutely astonished that people would ship him out for next to nothing... When fit, he's the first name on the teamsheet for me.

Unfortunately, midfielders are also expected to be involved for 90 minutes plus and some have also been known to put in a tackle.

King's position isn't helped by having another total lightweight in the form of Gallagher in the same team. I'm not sure he would make an impact sub tho....yes and he has got a cool head in front of goal and chips the ball better than anyone else in the team.

I thought that I was going mad, looking at some of the lists on here, but this is not too far off mine. I would keep Mills - OK he may not have set the world alight, yet, but I still think that he has class. I would also put St Ledger ahead of Morgan.

I am not sure that it is the defence that needs strengthening, rather I would like to see some protection from a ball winning midfielder: I still hear John Motson's laughter at the way Chelsea walked through our midfield time and again echoing through my brain.

What for? It's pretty obvious Pearson has no plans to play him.

What for? It's pretty obvious Pearson has no plans to play him.

I was saying what I would like to see: what I expect to see is another big centre half and a striker who has scored twenty goals in Div 2, or the Blue Square, coming in and few departures (probably Mills, who will leave for peanuts to a team that finishes above us!)

Old Fox is hoping the owners will have sacked him by the summer!

Old Fox clearly has some reservations about Nigel. Possibly thinks that the owners should lob a few more million quid at dear old Sven to pump prime their stuttering project. Needs to learn to love Pearson and enjoy the bracing air of the Costa Del Lincolnshire.

Old Fox clearly has some reservations about Nigel. Possibly thinks that the owners should lob a few more million quid at dear old Sven to pump prime their stuttering project. Needs to learn to love Pearson and enjoy the bracing air of the Costa Del Lincolnshire.

Bah, humbug! :icon_bigg

"One Nigel Pearson - only one Nigel Peeeearson, only one Nigel Pearson."

Sing up OF & get used to it for the forseeable future.

Leave him alone

He's gearing himself up for Nigel and players' lap of honour, after we get royally shafted on Monday night

Mills will be in the EPL before we are. Mark my words.

Really don't see where this comes from. Reading fans didn't rate him and their defence has much improved since he left, he's been crap here, s why do people suddenly think he's PL quality when he's not even really proven to be a particularly good Championship defender?

manxfox said:
New kit? New sponsor? New owner?

Why the hell do you want a new owner? Point out one thing these have done wrong other than getting rid of Pearson which was mandarin for them anyway.

Why the hell do you want a new owner? Point out one thing these have done wrong other than getting rid of Pearson which was mandarin for them anyway.

Loaded the club with extra debt, sacked a manager they didn't need to, had no plan to replace the manager they sacked, signed off on every signing, focused on the wrong areas for upgrades..... Oh but they did give us some screens and got mad Mandy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669