who really owns us ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

st albans fox

anyone see channel 4's doc about buying a football club ??

it appeared that a thai 'mover and shaker' was trying to sell sheffield utd to a rich indian investor. when the investor said he wasn't interested, a list of clubs was suggested for purchase or investment that included Leicester.

whilst i hope i am right behind the current owners, i have always wondered how people with a company valued around £130 million were prepared to be spending such a large amount on our club. are they really the owners or are they only part of the jigsaw. only two months ago, i think i read that they took total control. was this a 'smokescreen' ?

whilst you may not think it matters, if it were proven that the real owners of the club had interests in other teams, they would be forced to sell their ownership in lcfc. no buyer would probably equal administration.

any thoughts ???

:icon_lol: Is this a joke? Our name was mentioned in passing along with several other clubs and that was it.

You really think Vichai would tie his whole King Power business to this and put it on the line? There's no corruption whatsoever among our owners, I'm certain of it.

And King Power is worth a lot more than £130mil. Have no idea where you have gotten that figure from.

This was a Channel 4 documentary, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it. Brass Eye is about as insightful 'documentary' that they could manage.

Can we have a couple more threads about this? I want one from fahey and another from SuperScout if it's not too much trouble.

£130million. personal wealth of the owners. i recall that was the figure banded about when they negotiated the purchase of the club. maybe that was incorrect. did KP really t/o $2 billion last year ?? i read it had forecast $730 million for 2009. seems a big jump to $2 billion a year later.

my point is the same. do the owners really own the club or are they part of a consortium which may have part ownership of other clubs ??

Hmmm, I liked the way they described the fans as a "headache" that could be sorted by good PR to get fans onside and accept new owners. Perhaps refurbishing a club shop, renovating a training ground or put big screens in. That would get fans onside...... We wouldn't be fooled though would we. Milan would never sell to anyone dodgy. Sven would never get thaid up with dodgy finance... And our ownership status has never been questioned......

Hmmm, I liked the way they described the fans as a "headache" that could be sorted by good PR to get fans onside and accept new owners. Perhaps refurbishing a club shop, renovating a training ground or put big screens in. That would get fans onside...... We wouldn't be fooled though would we. Milan would never sell to anyone dodgy. Sven would never get thaid up with dodgy finance... And our ownership status has never been questioned......
I didnt think it would take as long for someone without the rose tinted specs to comment.

Last edited:
I'm just cynical! I'll be cheering all the same, with or without Rose tints! Glass half empty, if it's too good to be true etc etc.

Put it this way, if you see Bryan Robson loitering around Filbert Way you know we are more fecked than if we had made him manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669