Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: So.....Here we go again

Your choices for next LCFC manager please?

Mine are as follows:

1. Paul Ince
2. Paul Jewell (won't happen)
3. Oh god, I don't know.

Thats good, everyone wants the manager out and then for his replacement you pick Jewell who would never come here, Ince who is doing fine at MK and you cant even think of a 3rd! :icon_roll

Thats good, everyone wants the manager out and then for his replacement you pick Jewell who would never come here, Ince who is doing fine at MK and you cant even think of a 3rd! :icon_roll

I must say Willow, of late my thread starting has been as poor as Megson's choice of head.

I apologise and will not start a thread for 24 hours.

Ince for me. No point scratching around the managerial scrapheap like last time only to be shat upon from a great height by a frightful cnut.

Might as well get someone who don't take no shit.

Jackett, Penney, Johnson.

Again.

Alex, I actually thought this thread was about Whitesnake... perhaps you could break your 24hr embargo to start one on the poodle haired David Coverdale and his ever changing backing band.

My worry is that with Mandaric's reputation and method of working, no up-and-coming manager with ideas on how to go about things will want to come here, which means we'll end up with someone on the downward slope (again) or a spineless wonder who won't give the team the multiple kicks up the backside they need and deserve.

So this is very much a wishlist
1) Johnson
2) Grayson
3) Penney
4) Jackett
5) Ince

Last edited:

Up coming managers would come I reckon. It's a gamble, but of they were to turn the club around then they will have improved their CVs ten-fold.

Probably a lot more money in it too.

Up coming managers would come I reckon. It's a gamble, but of they were to turn the club around then they will have improved their CVs ten-fold.

Probably a lot more money in it too.

Like Craig Levien or Martin Allen?

Levein wasn't up and coming.
Allen was, in footballing terms, doing a none too shabby job.

Took then unfashionable Hearts to 3rd in the SPL- effectively the non-Old Firm champion. If that doesn't make him up and coming what does? The job he's done at Dundee Utd suggests he wasn't completely hopeless either.

Took then unfashionable Hearts to 3rd in the SPL- effectively the non-Old Firm champion. If that doesn't make him up and coming what does? The job he's done at Dundee Utd suggests he wasn't completely hopeless either.

I would say he was already an established manager. That's all.

Sold. Why not. We've been everywhere else.

It's our best chance of getting someone half decent, otherwise we're going to end up with someone desperate for work.

At least if Milan gets someone in from abroad the fans may not be too dissapointed and give the man a chance. Compared to say Peter Reid who would IMO have no chance with the fans from word go!

It would be a fresh start for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670