Who stays, Who goes, Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcho_uk

Just thought i would ask your opinions on who should stay in the summer and who should go.

Id like to see Stuart Taylor come in from Arsenal to put some pressure on Walker for the number 1 spot.

Id also like to see Heath and McCarthy form a central defensive partnership.

Id like to see Dabizas go as i dont think he is good enough at the back.

Gemmil - just has not performed for the club

Morris - Too injury prone

Wright - Hasnt really had along enough run in the team to show what he can do and doesnt look as though hes going to get the chance to do so, so he would be better off going elsewhere.

Blake - too lazy better of letting him go.

mitcho_uk said:
Just thought i would ask your opinions on who should stay in the summer and who should go.

Id like to see Stuart Taylor come in from Arsenal to put some pressure on Walker for the number 1 spot.

Id also like to see Heath and McCarthy form a central defensive partnership.

Id like to see Dabizas go as i dont think he is good enough at the back.

Gemmil - just has not performed for the club

Morris - Too injury prone

Wright - Hasnt really had along enough run in the team to show what he can do and doesnt look as though hes going to get the chance to do so, so he would be better off going elsewhere.

Blake - too lazy better of letting him go.

I would like to see to see taylor from arsenal come in. I would also like to see (a lot on here would disagree - i also said this at the start of the season) Lee trundel.

Heath looks like he is coming on, and is still young for a defender, he will get better the more he plays.

Stearmen - i would like to see him and more youths on the bench, they have to be given a chance or we're wasting both ours and there time.

Wright should go, he hasn't been given a chance by the manager so he thinks he isn't going to do it.

Gemmil/Blake/nalis/wilcox should all go, not good enough.

leicester_til_i_die said:
mitcho_uk said:
Gemmil/Blake/nalis/wilcox should all go, not good enough.

Agree with Gemmil/Blake/nalis/wilcox going.
but would add a couple who i wouldn't be sad to see leave - Heath, Connelly(if someone gives us a decent offer), Canero, Wright, Morris and Dublin.
I'm not saying i'd like all these to go - only that i think they've not performed. (In Dublins case i think he's just getting a bit old now)

I'd like to see Dabizas and Gillespie stay. I think at this level Dabizas is a good player, and Gillespies deserves a new contact for the way he's came from nowhere to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think in midfield we're looking good. Hughes and Williams have been playing well. And with Tiatto, Gudjonsson and that knobo guy we'll be alright next season.

Up front we've got some problems. Really really need a couple of new strikers. I'd be happy to see connelly here next season - but like i said not sad to see him go.

I'd like to see a proper left winger here next season too (not a clue who!), would like to have a guppy! to wrip in the crosses!

TommyK said:
I'd like to see a proper left winger here next season too (not a clue who!), would like to have a guppy! to wrip in the crosses!

I see what your saying though i believe a decent left winger is hard to come by, I think jordan stewart could be a very good left winger if Cl could work on his confidence, so that he will run at defenders, Obviously he needs to work on his crossing and shooting but hes still a young lad.

Players I think will leave in the summer :

Walker
Canero
Nalis
Blake
Dabizas
Wilcox
Wright

Players who are playing for their future and could possibly be shown the door in the summer :

Connolly
Dublin
Stewart
Gudjonsson
Heath

Positions I think will need strengthening and possible signings :

Goalkeeper - Taylor or Douglas

Right back - Kenton or Maurice Ross

Left back - Jay McEverly

Centre Defence - Youl Mawene

Left Winger - Ian Hume (Tranmere)

Striker - Steve McClean or Derek Riordon

Players I'd like to see go:

Nalis
Gemmil
Dabizas
Blake
Gudjonnsson
Wilcox

Players I'd like to see stay:

Hughes
Williams
Maybury
Heath
Stewart
Stearman
Dawson
Kenton
Connolly
Tiatto
Gillespie
McCarthey

Players I'd like to see come in:

Riordan
Wilkie
Gordon
Gabbidon
Euell
Carsely
Heskey

Players out for me:

Gemmill, Nalis, Blake, Wilcox, Canero.

Players on the brink:

Heath, Dabizas (although he has been excellent of late), Stewart.

Players in?

At least one striker, one defender and Kisnorbo as well as another keeper IF Walker goes, which I sincerely hope is not the case.

I cannot possibly see why Gudjonsson should go, unless Kisnorbo comes in a nd does that job better.

alex said:
I cannot possibly see why Gudjonsson should go, unless Kisnorbo comes in and does that job better.

What job does Gudjonsson do? Is it a headless chicken role where he struggles to control the ball and never manages to pass it to his own team mate? For anyone who reckons MDV has been a bad signing by Levein, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Mind you I still think you got a bargain only paying £60,000 for Maybury!

Gudjonsson started the season that way, but in recent matches has been a superb holding midfielder. Anyone at the Charlton game will testify to that, I thought his efforts against Blackburn and Watford were consdierable too.

Sorry Zorg, I think you're wrong about him, however I won't get as carried away as to say he's our new Lennon, nope, ain't seen that yet!

What do you reckon on Kisnorbo?

alex said:
Players out for me:

Gemmill, Nalis, Blake, Wilcox, Canero.

Players on the brink:

Heath, Dabizas (although he has been excellent of late), Stewart.

Players in?

At least one striker, one defender and Kisnorbo as well as another keeper IF Walker goes, which I sincerely hope is not the case.

I cannot possibly see why Gudjonsson should go, unless Kisnorbo comes in a nd does that job better.

A left back, a left winger and a couple of strikers at least. If Heath, Wright, Connolly and Stewart left I would not lose sleep. ;-) :mrgreen:

beltonfox said:
I thought Tiatto was definitely going back to Australia, Dabizas to Greece and Lil to France....

Might be true about the last two but Tiatto signed a two year deal with us so he'll be here next season...

beltonfox said:
I thought Tiatto was definitely going back to Australia, Dabizas to Greece and Lil to France....

Tiatto did say he would like to return to Australia, but in a few years time.

skysports said:
Tiatto is enjoying his time at Leicester, but revealed he would like to finish his career back home.
"Yeah, it's very good. I'm enjoying it down there," he added.
"The English style suits me down to a tee.
"I'm looking to go back [to Australia] in a few years."

Can I put in a good word for Jordan Stewart? He has pace, disparate skills, and some, sporadic, footballing intelligence.
Many of the fans hate him. He's become a target for the boo boys among us.
I, for one, hate this. I remember when we did this to Guppy and destroyed a 30-year-old. Now we're doing it to a kid.
Stewart needs confidence and support.
He has my support for his flair, speed, and grace on the ball.
He's a good footballer, and a very young man, who is being denied his chance from a set of 'supporters' who aren't worth the name <spit>
Stewart is too keen on stepping over, and often fails. He makes idiot passes. He is next to useless at taking corners.
But he's skillful, in his own way, and is great at coming forward.
Let's give the lad his due, and honour his efforts for our club.
He really could come good, given confidence and hope. Look at Gillespie. Who would have thought that the obsessive gambler with no self esteem could have found nerve? But he did. With a good manager, and Craig Levein, like MON, is one of the best, anything is possible.
Hope and support. Can we give this small offering to an inconsistent talented player?

alex said:
Gudjonsson started the season that way, but in recent matches has been a superb holding midfielder. Anyone at the Charlton game will testify to that, I thought his efforts against Blackburn and Watford were consdierable too.

Sorry Zorg, I think you're wrong about him, however I won't get as carried away as to say he's our new Lennon, nope, ain't seen that yet!

Slightly crossed wires here Alex, to clarify here is my opinion of Kisnorbo - A headless chicken who struggles to control the ball and never manages to pass it to his own team mate.

leaving :

walker
canero
dabizas
nalis
dublin
makin (obviously)
scowy (as above)

coming in :

s. taylor
gabiddon
euell
kenton (perm i hope)
stefan moore (perm i hope again)

dont leave for a bigger club :

conners
gillespie
jordy
heath

zorg1874 said:
alex said:

Slightly crossed wires here Alex, to clarify here is my opinion of Kisnorbo - A headless chicken who struggles to control the ball and never manages to pass it to his own team mate.

Shit... I was hoping you didn't mean that....

zorg1874 said:
For anyone who reckons MDV has been a bad signing by Levein, you ain't seen nothing yet.

From what i seen in the first couple of matches MDV looked shite hot, but he just donr seam to try.

Zirg1874.. Are you saying that MDV will turn out a good player for us.

Why doesn't anyone like heath? he's a good steady defender, when he played with better defenders i.e. elliot he looked very good, he played with average defenders i.e. dabizas/dublin he still looked good. they're maybe better players oout there, but he would good to have in the squad. He can only get better, the more experience he gets the better he will become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669