Who would replace Worthington????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still go for Newell, he did a good job with limited resources at Luton and had to cope with half the team being sold.

That's exactly what Coleman did only one division higher - Malbranque, Van Der Sar, Saha, Boa Morte etc were all sold and not replaced.

You all might want to spit on me when i say this but i think NIGEL CLOUGH could do us a job. he has been at Burton Albion since 1998 and it might be just the right time to further his managerial career.

Worthington hasn't even taken a training session yet and you lot are replacing him.

F*ck me!:icon_roll

You all might want to spit on me when i say this but i think NIGEL CLOUGH could do us a job. he has been at Burton Albion since 1998 and it might be just the right time to further his managerial career.

The way he's got Burton into the Premier League has been fantastic.

He is not Brian Clough. I don't know why people think he is.

That's exactly what Coleman did only one division higher - Malbranque, Van Der Sar, Saha, Boa Morte etc were all sold and not replaced.

True, but, I saw them a few times in the 2004/5 season with all of those bar Saha still in the side and they looked useless then. The one that stands out is when they played Spurs away, I was actually at the game with my mate whos a Spurs fan and we were sat right by the Fulham fans after about 10 minutes no noise came from them whatsoever as it just became a matter of time before Spurs took the lead. It reminded me of the Ipswich away game under Peter Taylor that was on telly, just waiting to get beaten and hoping for a 0-0.

My point is we need someone to come in and get the players organised and playing with some passion and belief and from what I've seen of Fulham under Coleman he just isn't the man for the job.

Give the bloke a chance. I think he could be a good manager for us. Give him 5 matches, see how we fare against 4 fairly decent sides and Barnsley.

Give the bloke a chance. I think he could be a good manager for us. Give him 5 matches, see how we fare against 4 fairly decent sides and Barnsley.
)

I will give him a chance and cheer on the team - but his selection (other than short-term caretaker role) does not inspire me at all!

I cannot see us getting promoted and becoming a solid Premiership team under his leadership.

)

I will give him a chance and cheer on the team - but his selection (other than short-term caretaker role) does not inspire me at all!

I cannot see us getting promoted and becoming a solid Premiership team under his leadership.

Agree 100% Granite. I think he will give the team a kick up the arse and could sort out the dead wood but I don't think that he's the man for the future.

I can only assume that available managers had been rung yesterday and Worthington offered the job whereupon Coleman gets sacked at midnight leaving MM tearing his hair out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669