• Karl Robinson

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other...Please state.

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Has it ever been clarified who exactly is in the Asia Football Investments Consortium. I assume that King Power on their own hardly qualify as a consortium?

There was another investor originally: Iman Arif, but he left sometime last year and I'm pretty sure KP took over 100% of the club.

Scotfox

The 120 Million is Tops personal wealth, his dads about 250 million, I think I read somewhere that Top has a brother so assume another 120 million. The King Power group is a group of companies which includes the Duty Free franchise, but also diamond buying and selling, mining, off shore exploration plus other interests. My understading is the King Power group of companies, some of whom do not trade under King Power name is worth approximatley 9 Billion pounds, so a few quid here and there spent at the City is hardly going to jepordise the King Power Group as a whole.

I would share Lees concern about them getting fed up if we don't make it to the Premiership, they are clearly looking to the short and medium term, they must get results if they are to realise the potential in their home market where football is still in its infancy. If we do make it, and survive then we all win, but its a bloody big if.

FoxCovert

Has it ever been clarified who exactly is in the Asia Football Investments Consortium. I assume that King Power on their own hardly qualify as a consortium?

Going back a few months but wasn't Tony Fernandes involved in Asia FIC. He is owner of QPR and Air Asia. Just wonder what relationship is between the Rak's and him especially as Air Asia advertising is all over the KP stadium and our programme.

Profondo Rosso

Where have you got those figures, Scot?

Where have you gotten the info that King Power is worth £9billion and owns all these other companies that do not trade under the name of King Power?

Because I keep saying people say things like this, but with no evidence to back them up. It almost seems like people are just inventing figures to reassure themselves. I'm not deliberately being pessimistic, I just genuinely want evidence because I want reassurance and people just saying figures like that is not reassuring at all. I have never seen one person who has said "King Power are worth billions" bring up any evidence whatsoever to back that up.

Forbes magazine listed his "net worth" last year as $180mil, which is roughly £111.5mil http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/85/thailands-richest-10_Vichai-Raksriaksorn_ZMA9.html

What someone's net worth is is definitely not the same as their personal fortune. Aiyawatt as far as I have seen isn't worth anything and all the money comes from his dad. His brother has no input in the club and how do you know what he is worth and why would it be relevant if he is not involved anyway?

As said, there is nowhere that I can find that King Power is a PLC and it isn't registered on the Asian stock exchange, which leads to believe that KP is a privately owned company and while again I am not very business minded, as far as I understand it: a businessman's net worth is what his assets are worth and if KP is a privately owned company by the Raskriaskorn's that means whatever KP is worth counts towards this £111.5mil net worth.

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

Fair enough, I just got that link from wiki. Not that it makes any different to what I was saying. Net worth isn't personal fortune and I reckon it includes KP's worth too, I certainly have never seen any evidence to show KP is worth billions as some people keep saying.

Last edited:

Scotfox

Profondo; I like many others trawled the net looking for information on our owners, and found very little. More information started to emerge when started to look at associates one of whom is our CEO. This lady has worked for Tops dad for a number of years, in various high profile appointments. Check her professional CV, it makes interesting reading. please also note that 'Forbes' deals in personal wealth, that wealth has been generated from businesses run by the family.

Profondo Rosso

Profondo; I like many others trawled the net looking for information on our owners, and found very little. More information started to emerge when started to look at associates one of whom is our CEO. This lady has worked for Tops dad for a number of years, in various high profile appointments. Check her professional CV, it makes interesting reading. please also note that 'Forbes' deals in personal wealth, that wealth has been generated from businesses run by the family.

No, it doesn't. It deals in "net worth", not personal wealth.

Scot, you still didn't answer my question about where you found out about all those figures? I'm not having a go, I just want genuine evidence, because I keep seeing people say things like that, but with nothing to back it up and I'm worried, because the only figures we are given (their net worth) suggest they're not rich enough to sustain the way we are currently going about our business for several years.

Profondo Rosso

Sorry is that not the same

No. Turover is money in minus money out. Sales is how much money they bring in through sales.

So Turnover could be higher, if they have income that doesn't come from sales.

And it could also be, and likely is, much much lower taking into account money spent to buy/make stock, shipping, wages, upkeep, rent of land etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669