Speculation Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realllly don't like Dyche...but he's probably the man to target.

I don't mind Dyche at all. He's a bit of an old school throwback in many ways but perhaps that's what the situation demands. To be honest so am I so maybe that's got something to do with it too. My worry is that he's in a no lose situation at Burnley really. If he does well & keeps them up he's God. If they go down it's not unexpected. Also he never misses an opportunity to mention his limited budget. He'd have to lose that line if he came here. Could he make good use of a bigger budget? As ever...there's only one way to find out I suppose.

Maybe he could be here in time for the cup game. I can hear his post-match excuses already. “We don’t have the money to compete with the likes of Leeds…”

Up to you but I think most fans would value things like loyalty and respect for the club in a manager.

I think as long as we get three points after a match most fans wouldn't give a toss. Throw in attractive football too and what else would matter to most?

I've actually just spent an interesting hour researching Dyche online. Looking at interviews, reports, journalists views, etc. You have a very limited view when all you really see of a manager is his comments about your team before/after games. He's quite a bit different to how I imagined him to be.

It would be difficult to come up with a more perfect fit for us and for him. He's a midlands man, based in Northamptonshire, he started out as a kid under Clough at Florist and spent his formative years at Chesterfield. He then ended his playing career back in Northampton. One thing that his moves almost always had in common as a player is that the teams he was with improved whilst he was there. He was a leader as a player.

As a manager, he had one season at Watford following a few years in the backroom staff there. He did well but was the casualty of a change in ownership. He's then spent five years doing a frankly excellent job with Burnley. He favours a flexible 4-4-2 and emphasises studying the opposition and countering their weaknesses. This was a great and often ignored skill of Ranieri in our title winning season. I've not seen another City manager with the brains to do that since O'Neill.

His approach to the game suits us. His tactical plans would suit our players. His ambitions would fit with ours. He is undoubtedly at the point where he needs to move onto a bigger and better challenge and we can give him that.

It's frankly a no-brainer to me now. I can't see another realistic option that is both safe and ambitious at the same time.

He gets my vote.

I've actually just spent an interesting hour researching Dyche online. Looking at interviews, reports, journalists views, etc. You have a very limited view when all you really see of a manager is his comments about your team before/after games. He's quite a bit different to how I imagined him to be.

It would be difficult to come up with a more perfect fit for us and for him. He's a midlands man, based in Northamptonshire, he started out as a kid under Clough at Florist and spent his formative years at Chesterfield. He then ended his playing career back in Northampton. One thing that his moves almost always had in common as a player is that the teams he was with improved whilst he was there. He was a leader as a player.

As a manager, he had one season at Watford following a few years in the backroom staff there. He did well but was the casualty of a change in ownership. He's then spent five years doing a frankly excellent job with Burnley. He favours a flexible 4-4-2 and emphasises studying the opposition and countering their weaknesses. This was a great and often ignored skill of Ranieri in our title winning season. I've not seen another City manager with the brains to do that since O'Neill.

His approach to the game suits us. His tactical plans would suit our players. His ambitions would fit with ours. He is undoubtedly at the point where he needs to move onto a bigger and better challenge and we can give him that.

It's frankly a no-brainer to me now. I can't see another realistic option that is both safe and ambitious at the same time.

He gets my vote.
As long as you don't put a bet on him.

He gets my vote.
He's pretty much the perfect fit. He's learnt a huge amount from his first season and it's stuck.

If we can get him in soon, the owners will have done well.

It's cuckoo to sack a manager and the day after sit down and go 'right, what now?'. However, that is exactly what we've done by the looks of it, yet again.

The replacement should have been sounded out already and be in by the weekend. Anything less is a dereliction of duty.

The sacking of Shakespeare was also a clear admittance that 'the powers that be' had made a monumental error in appointing Shakespeare in the first place.

To merrily ride through another shit show of poor decisions without repercussions for whoever is making moronic decision after moronic decision will lead us to only one place. We will continue to do stupid things.
Yeah they gave Ranieri longer, I get the impression they tried to get someone else in and no one wanted to the job so they gave to Shakey. Now all the people we want to join are distancing themselves from the job...I suspect because of the way they treated Ranieri and Shakey and seemingly backing the team who want to play their 4-4-2 shitty style and kick up a stink when they don't get their own way.

One thing is that if we bring in Sean Dyche, I'm not sure we can expect something miraculous from the start.

He has learned at Burnley but that's because Burnley have given him the time to do so.

If, as so frequently mentioned on here, our players are reluctant to change systems, then either getting used to Dyche's way of things will take time or he will get rid of some players and bring in his own which will also take time.

And no, we don't play the exact same way as Burnley. Yes it's 442 and we happen to have every player diving in front of the ball like their life depended on it, but there will be a lot more going on tactically.

Will our players respect Dyche? They seemed, at least on the surface (and according to BN) to be disrespectful whining prats who couldn't even respect a manager with the record of Ranieri, a man who had just masterminded a miracle.

Dyche got Burnley promoted then relegated then promoted again, a 16th place finish and then after 8 games has got 13 points. Yes he has potential but it's hardly ground breaking stuff. Many in our team have been more successful and i reckon that's how they think. Unless he comes in and bollocks them left, right and centre it will be tough i reckon.

Would Dyche do better on a bigger budget? I don't full believe his crap about his budget with Burnley. Yes they are one of the smaller teams in the league but still have the TV money. No PL team is "poor."

I believe we need someone who has had some level of success in the Premier League or won a major league abroad. Someone who is tactically aware, can implement different systems if needed and who can develop a team that plays good football.

I have a good feeling about Silva and always have done since his Huĺl appointment, but that may well be a long shot.

I doubt that he'd want it but i would go for Ancelotti...brilliant tactics, huge player contacts, massively respected and has won the PL.

I think there is almost a stigma with Leicester now that we did the impossible. Almost as if why bother trying again? It's only been 18 months. We aren't "back at the level we were once at" because we did win the league. We evolved that season and we still have a chance to keep pushing forward.

We also have rich owners. Manchester City evolved from a Division One club to multiple PL champions so why can't we?

I'm not suggesting rash and ridiculous spending but we can compete, we have a good stadium and training ground, great fan base, ever expanding city with good amenities and transport links and wealthy successful owners who, despite their lack of experience in football, have got us further in 7 years than we could have ever imagined.

Now, can we get someone decent in who has the ability to see the above and skills and application to help us evolve further?

Another thing. I want a manager who realises that, for example, someone like Mahrez should not be defending so much.

It is not natural to him. Riyad is the most creative player in our history and on his day one of the most lethal in the league. Why the hell is he tracking back? Does Messi track back? Or Hazard? Mahrez is that kind of player albeit not quite as good.

He should be given the freedom to play creatively and instinctively. Besides, he himself said that his whole game is built around NOT getting tackled or touch. He wants to dance around tackles not make them.

I'm not sure what to make of Dyche. I wouldn't particularly be over the moon, but at the same time I do think he's a bit under rated. Has done a decent job there getting them promoted twice and this season making them competitive at the top level with pretty crap players. I think the owners would prefer a big name like Ancelotti if they could get him but it's a long shot. Having said that, he's at a low ebb after a sacking, same as Ranieri when we took him on. His sacking was down to a fallout with the players, again same as Ranieri. That seems to be the way of things. Managers who are tough with their players tend to be the more successful ones but because of that it also means the success is short lived. Looks like Conte is beginning to see that this season as well...

I'm not sure what to make of Dyche. I wouldn't particularly be over the moon, but at the same time I do think he's a bit under rated. Has done a decent job there getting them promoted twice and this season making them competitive at the top level with pretty crap players. I think the owners would prefer a big name like Ancelotti if they could get him but it's a long shot. Having said that, he's at a low ebb after a sacking, same as Ranieri when we took him on. His sacking was down to a fallout with the players, again same as Ranieri. That seems to be the way of things. Managers who are tough with their players tend to be the more successful ones but because of that it also means the success is short lived. Looks like Conte is beginning to see that this season as well...
Staying up last season was very impressive. As well as the start they have made to this season considering they sold their two best players.

BN I respect your analytical approach, and you make a very good argument. No doubt Dyche gives the impression he is a no nonsense manager I hope it's more than that, our prima donna's need a dose of reality he might just provide that, so taking a practical approach I'm with you. However Ancelotti still sneaks ahead, based on his incredible managerial career . But I would be happy with Dyche.

BN I respect your analytical approach, and you make a very good argument. No doubt Dyche gives the impression he is a no nonsense manager I hope it's more than that, our prima donna's need a dose of reality he might just provide that, so taking a practical approach I'm with you. However Ancelotti still sneaks ahead, based on his incredible managerial career . But I would be happy with Dyche.

The owners would have Ancelotti in a heartbeat over Sean Dyche, even though Sean has far more recent PL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566