whos out do u think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of both but its ok saying get rid,who is going to want them ?

Of course, that is exactly the position.

We have just doubled the number of potential vultures who are in a position to pick off players who they think they can salvage - and we will be left with the dross. That's why I would ideally like us to encourage younger players with better attitudes. We have done this before and it has worked. However, i appreciate that you don't win leagues with just kids and as usual we are going to be stuck with a lot of rubbish.

mattock-prem team
stearman-villa
clemence-champ team
oakley-champ team
howard-plz jus go!
kisnorbo-prem or champ gutted!
hume-champ or prem too
n'gotty-out
hendrie-champ team

team for nex yr
henderson
clapham
mcauley

worley
chambers
porter
wesolwski
king
bell
fryattcampbell

agree with all that, but those i've put in bold ill also go, in my opinion

if i was in charge, i would play a few of the younger lads next year like Worely, A.Chambers and Sappleton

agree with all that, but those i've put in bold ill also go, in my opinion

if i was in charge, i would play a few of the younger lads next year like Worely, A.Chambers and Sappleton

There will be new playrs coming to the lub so I think its impossible to pick a team right now

Ipswitch offered £1million+ for McAuley this season, I think they'll get him for less than that now.

I don't actually think Clapham is as bad as some of you are making out, if he stays he'll be fine for League 1.

I think we're gonna get stuck with a few (ok, more than a few) who are so shit no one else will buy them. For example, who the hell is gonna buy Fryatt? A striker who hasn't scored this milennium, they're really in demand.

Hayles is another one, he'll be playing with a walking stick soon.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, whether everyone ****s off at the first opportunity or tries to stick it out and get us back up. I somehow doubt the latter.

I'm not so sure about Sheehan leaving. My daughter's mate is a Leeds ST holder and apparently our offer of a contract is still valid. Leeds have also offered him a contract but he is waiting to see what happens with Leeds play off games. So if they fail, he may come back to us.

I have a feeling Hume, Fryatt, DJ, Clapham, Clemence, Bell, Henderson, N'gotty, Worley, Hayles, Weso and Kisnorbo could stay with us, with Mcauley,Stearman, Howard, Hendrie and oakley going to championship teams, and Mattock going to a premiership club.

What I find interesting is that people are saying that every player should leave because they're all "crap" and in the next breath, they are moving them on to Championship and Premiership clubs! :102:

Only Stearman,Mattock and possibly Hume will attract Premiership sides.Oakley,Clemence,Howard,McCauley,Hendrie,Bell,Campbell may well attact interest from Championship sides but I can't see all of them going.That leaves us with Henderson,Clapham,NGotty,Kishishev,Worley,Wesolowski,Fryatt,Hayles,Porter,Gradel,James Chambers and the young brigade.Add to that players we will be getting in.
The two Hungarians and Etuhu will go back to their respective clubs and Kisnorbo won't be around til 2009.

The players we have should be more than good enough for League One. What they need is good management.

There's no point changing the whole squad yet again, we've done that every year since Micky Adams was here, and look where that's got us.

Agreed I see nothing to be gained by having an whole new Squad,the likes of Oakley,Howard,Clemence haven't become bad players overnight and with the right management could star in Div One.Whether they will wantto remain here is anothr thing and Championship sides are bound to come sniffing around our Squad

Last edited:
Only Mattock will attract premiership interest, the rest are average. Get rid of the guys who are here to top up their pension fund and start using some of the academy stars...

Only Mattock will attract premiership interest, the rest are average. Get rid of the guys who are here to top up their pension fund and start using some of the academy stars...

Get rid of them to who,if they are that shite who will want them? They are under contract we are stuck with them.

The players we have should be more than good enough for League One. What they need is good management.

There's no point changing the whole squad yet again, we've done that every year since Micky Adams was here, and look where that's got us.

Agree with that. All we need is a manager that signs an entire new midfield, then allows the defence to play long ball to small strikers. We signed Howard who could be a real aerial threat in the box from crosses, then we never ever cross the ball. Our wingers have never seen the by-line let alone crossed from it in open play.

We also need a manager that recognises that when your strikers have collectively had a single shot for 80 mins, the answer is not just to put more on the pitch. It doesn't work, end of.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

i cant wait to see gradel and sappleton, and many other youngsters next year, most players that we've signed have already shown there true colours and that they dont care about playing for us, it will be a summer of settling for the best of leaues one and two in the way of signings, which i wouldnt mind tbh, lads who have a chance to come from the best of the lower leagues and play for a 'big' team and a bunch of youngsters from the under 18's who actually give a ****. might take a couple of years to get it perfect but i think that thats a good plan.

just need to find the right manager to do all that now......

Agree with that. All we need is a manager that signs an entire new midfield, then allows the defence to play long ball to small strikers. We signed Howard who could be a real aerial threat in the box from crosses, then we never ever cross the ball. Our wingers have never seen the by-line let alone crossed from it in open play.

We also need a manager that recognises that when your strikers have collectively had a single shot for 80 mins, the answer is not just to put more on the pitch. It doesn't work, end of.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

I forgot we even had wingers.

I think its safe to assume Salt, Bori and Etuhu have died.

I know most of the players are under contract, but can we really afford to pay Clemence's, Oakley's, Howard's etc wages in League One?

I know most of the players are under contract, but can we really afford to pay Clemence's, Oakley's, Howard's etc wages in League One?

I'm afraid you have asked the right question.

Most of these posts are in the 'Fools Paradise' mode.

For God's sake the club is losing money big time in the Championship - what do people think the impact is going to be of further major falls in income.

Is Mandaric going to bail us out? Are the bankers going to provide overdraft facilities?

I just don't think that most people have thought through the full implications of our position. This isn't like dropping a division in the Senior League. When the owner, manager and quality newspaper say it's a disaster - supporters had better realise what disaster means.

What I find interesting is that people are saying that every player should leave because they're all "crap" and in the next breath, they are moving them on to Championship and Premiership clubs! :102:

Jez Moxey has several aliases on this forum. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670