Why Cricket? Why not eggchasing, basketball, icehockey etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaarev

Just out of Scandinavian curiosity, why does it seem like every LCCC match get a match thread while other Leicestershire sport teams hardly get a mention in here? Is it just some of our members that are specially interested in cricket or is this normal outside TB as well? It just seems a bit strange seen from outside The British Empire.

Just out of Scandinavian curiosity, why does it seem like every LCCC match get a match thread while other Leicestershire sport teams hardly get a mention in here? Is it just some of our members that are specially interested in cricket or is this normal outside TB as well? It just seems a bit strange seen from outside The British Empire.

For a lot of people it's: Winter football. Summer cricket.

Rugby and basketball are both hideous sports which put brute strength and/or height over aesthetics and technique.

Ice hockey is a great little sport which has a lot of similarities to football in terms of its free-flowing style, but has virtually no popularity in the uk.

Thanks for your answers. I agree with Prof's views on Rugby, slamdunkball and icehockey and accept that cricket is the summer sport in England. Over here football is the summer sport, while skiing, in diverse forms, and hockey and handball are the bigger winter sports.
It's just that cricket still is a bit of mistery and I haven't got a feckin clue about anything in or around that sport. Other than that LCCC is crap!!! Boo!!!! Some One out!!!!!

Last edited:
Personally I find cricket to be the most boring game on earth; much prefer egg-chasing.

We have been to several baseball games in the USA,far more interesting than the tigers tbh.

I went to watch Worcester v Tigers earlier in the year and it was much more interesting than LCFC. Dont quite know how that ranks against US baseball.

It is because rugby is complete and utter shit, played by complete and utter ****s, and supported by a collection of total and utter tossers of the highest order

I went to watch Worcester v Tigers earlier in the year and it was much more interesting than LCFC. Dont quite know how that ranks against US baseball.
Did you mean LCCC or is your on and off precense in here due to your activity on the Tigers forum?

I might be a bit biased, I played rugby to a good level (I was a team mate with Cockrill (sp) at Nuneaton) but can't stand watching rugby union, it is a shit sport to watch IMO.

Did you mean LCCC or is your on and off precense in here due to your activity on the Tigers forum?
Come to think of it, maybe you're just off to see LCCC in secrecy during the summer :icon_wink

It is because rugby is complete and utter shit, played by complete and utter *****, and supported by a collection of total and utter tossers of the highest order
Straight to the throat. I like it

I might be a bit biased, I played rugby to a good level (I was a team mate with Cockrill (sp) at Nuneaton) but can't stand watching rugby union, it is a shit sport to watch IMO.
Now there's another thing that confuse a simple Johnny Foreigner.... Wtf is the difference between rugby union and rugby league????

I actually found it quite enjoyable to watch and may find myself down the Tiggers for a few games (Jebus bless me)

Now there's another thing that confuse a simple Johnny Foreigner.... Wtf is the difference between rugby union and rugby league????

Its a little different - would love to explain to you, but I cant remember what was explained to me! I think there is something to do with 8 tackles and then the ball goes to the other team? Probably wrong...

Its a little different - would love to explain to you, but I cant remember what was explained to me! I think there is something to do with 8 tackles and then the ball goes to the other team? Probably wrong...

Yeah, you only get 6 tackles and if you haven't done something with the ball at that point (I.e. scored) then you have to turn it over. So similar to American football, on the later phases it gets more desperate.

I'll happily watch most sports, although I need to have something else to do when watching any sport that is not continuous open play, like cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669