Why haven't we signed anyone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidlandsFox

Banned
What's going on? other clubs are getting their players signed up ready for the start of pre season, we haven't signed anyone, isn't it wise to get all your players together for the start of pre season, to give them all of the pre season to gel and mould into a team, and what's all this I'm hearing about players transfer fees and wages being too costly, I thought we had lots of money now?

What's going on? other clubs are getting their players signed up ready for the start of pre season, we haven't signed anyone, isn't it wise to get all your players together for the start of pre season, to give them all of the pre season to gel and mould into a team, and what's all this I'm hearing about players transfer fees and wages being too costly, I thought we had lots of money now?
It's

****ing

JUNE!!!!!!!!!!

other clubs are getting their players signed up ready for the start of pre season

No they're not! There's been about 1 signing in the whole of the Championship!

Players are still on their holidays which is why signings aren't happening, very few transfers ever go through in June, it's usually July and August when the signings start to happen.

And as for players gelling. SGE said players don't start training til 1st July, so how will it make any difference if we sign a player today or on the 31st June in that regard? The team isn't going to gel when the players are all holiday and not training!

Oh dear. If this thread isn't some form of elaborate joke, I think I might just have to leave the forum temporarily and return when the season starts. I really don't think I can cope, my blood pressure is already sky high

I appreciate its only June and the season/transfer window is quite a way off, however in an ideal world we would have the squad available prior to pre season training (not far off, and sge must be due a holiday soon), i dont want to hear the same lame excuses ("hes 2 weeks off fitness etc etc), imo most deals should have been sorted in principal then the payers concerned just have to sign upon returning from hols

NO, resist, just ignore it, it might go away, deep breaths..

Imagine what it'd be like without a manager at the moment. Gibber.

And when did Chopra sign for Ipswich?? decent striker at this level, I wonder what they paid for him?

Reported to be £1.5m + £0.25m in Grosvenor chips and a season ticket for Krispy Kremes.

Tum te tum.

I appreciate its only June and the season/transfer window is quite a way off, however in an ideal world we would have the squad available prior to pre season training (not far off, and sge must be due a holiday soon), i dont want to hear the same lame excuses ("hes 2 weeks off fitness etc etc), imo most deals should have been sorted in principal then the payers concerned just have to sign upon returning from hols

Then, with all due respect, you're an idiot!

It's not as simple as putting a fee forward to the club and a contract forward for the player and them accepting it. It's not Football Manager. These things can take months to negotiate, do you not remember how long it took Arsenal to sign Arshavin to sign for Arsenal a couple of seasons back? They started talks with him in June and he ended up signing in September, with questions about whether he'd signing in time before the window closed.

And then there's also the thing that SGE might have to look for new targets and one may only become apparent as a potential signing or may only become available mod-August.

I'd be very happy to see SGE still looking for ways to strengthen the side on 31st August, myself.

This thread was start by a WUM clearly. 'New' to the board and the first post is poking stick at a topic which is already enraging several members.

This thread was start by a WUM clearly. 'New' to the board and the first post is poking stick at a topic which is already enraging several members.

Who is enraged? I've just seen a thread of people posting their opinions.

And fwiw, 3 years ago we didn't even have a manager until 20 June, let alone signed any players and we ended up winning the league at a canter.

Oh dear. If this thread isn't some form of elaborate joke, I think I might just have to leave the forum temporarily and return when the season starts. I really don't think I can cope, my blood pressure is already sky high

This thread is now going to be added to "ignore". I seriously cant believe the overreactions of some people.

Sven said said he would act quickly in the market......... so you can understand there frustrations........did'nt say how quick though

Sven said said he would act quickly in the market......... so you can understand there frustrations........did'nt say how quick though
I suspect he has acted quickly and perhaps with some success. It's just that we haven't all been kept up to date with his every move. I think a little bit of patience is required.

No they're not! There's been about 1 signing in the whole of the Championship!

Players are still on their holidays which is why signings aren't happening, very few transfers ever go through in June, it's usually July and August when the signings start to happen.

And as for players gelling. SGE said players don't start training til 1st July, so how will it make any difference if we sign a player today or on the 31st June in that regard? The team isn't going to gel when the players are all holiday and not training!
Nobody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670