Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

Can anyone explain very simply how to get it linked with wi-fi to the net?

My lad keeps asking but its confusing the F out of me.

Have attached a wi-fi usb key but it doesn't seem to want to accept the code from my internet box - probably got the wrong one but there are so many stupid numbers.

Is there a way to know which one I should choose

mr confused - france

by the way does it matter that I've had the wii chipped?

by the way does it matter that I've had the wii chipped?

Yes it might..

You need a wireless internet connection, if you do you input the WEP key code on the back of your wireless router into the Wii and voila internet access. If you don't have a wireless internet connection, you will need either a Nintendo WiFi USB Dongle for your pC (which provides a wireless access point) or an ethernet adapter, I'm pretty sure Nintendo do official ones of those as well..

Last edited:
I have a wireless internet connection. With that are you saying that I don't need to put the nintendo wifi usb key into the wii (it's one I got him for his DS a few years ago).

the Wep key code seems to have so many altrnatives on the wii box, do I just input into each alternative until one works

Stewart Pid France

Does it see your wireless connection? If so, select this one and the password you have set up on your wireless account if applicable.

you don't need a wifi usb key if you have a wireless internet connection, and that's the case with the DS as well. They are both wireless out of the box, you need to look in the wiis settings and find out where to input the WEP key that you should have on your wireless router. For instance I use a BT HomeHub, on the back there is a fairly big stickewr and on this it says "BT Home Hub Wireless Settings" and goes on to list a "Wireless Key" code, made up of numbers and letters - this is the code you need to put into your Wii and/or DS to allow it to access the internet wirelessly - the Wii/ DS refer to these codes as a WEP key.

I connected mine (got one at the weekend) to my wireless last night.

I went on to the wii home menu and clicked on the forecast channel. It then asked me if I wanted to create a wireless connection and took me through it step by step. It scanned for networks then I clicked on the one I wanted to use and it was really simple. The key/password you need is the one you created to protect your wireless. i.e. if you used WEP encryption you would have created a password to use everytime you connected another thing wirelessly. It is this password you need.

It then tests the connection and worked really easily for me.

you don't need a wifi usb key if you have a wireless internet connection, and that's the case with the DS as well. They are both wireless out of the box, you need to look in the wiis settings and find out where to input the WEP key that you should have on your wireless router. For instance I use a BT HomeHub, on the back there is a fairly big stickewr and on this it says "BT Home Hub Wireless Settings" and goes on to list a "Wireless Key" code, made up of numbers and letters - this is the code you need to put into your Wii and/or DS to allow it to access the internet wirelessly - the Wii/ DS refer to these codes as a WEP key.

just out of interest what is your code?

I couldn't be bothered getting a Wii, so I turned the sitting room lights on, left the curtains open and then pretended to be playing tennis while standing in front of the telly.
Now all of the neighbours think that I've got a Wii. Suckers.

They also know who your wife's screwing

She needs something to do while I'm playing on the Wii

:038:

Bet you wish you could fake playing on the Wii as well as she fakes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690