Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

He has barely been given a run out over the last few months at least. It's difficult to get match fit when you aren't playing any matches.

He is a natural goal scorer of course without some of his pace but his predatory instincts are what have given him the vast amount of his career goals.

We have employed strikers before who are old in football terms, I would say KP is an exceptional striker who could do a job for us.

What is not common sense about that?

Q.E.D

How about a little bit of commonsense?

Last edited:
That's probably because his appearances were in the Premier League which, as we found out yesterday, is a world away from the Championship.

True, but in comparison to the previous couple of years he has looked out of touch and somewhat headless chicken. I made the point because people seemed to be talking about what he might offer based on what he was 2 or 3 years ago.

Last season he scored 7 goals in 16 games (mostly substitute appearances). Hardly 3 years ago.

So he struggled in the premier league? Good job he's not playing there anymore .

Last edited:
Would having KP here as a super-sub be substantially different to when we had a couple of others previously who were past their prime - Cottee and Ferdinand?

Last season he scored 7 goals in 16 games (mostly substitute appearances). Hardly 3 years ago.

No. Last season was 1 year ago. That's easy to work out. What you seem to be having trouble with though is the number of goals that he scored and the number of games he played in. The true figures are 9 and 35 respectively. NINE goals from THIRTY-FIVE games.

No. Last season was 1 year ago. That's easy to work out. What you seem to be having trouble with though is the number of goals that he scored and the number of games he played in. The true figures are 9 and 35 respectively. NINE goals from THIRTY-FIVE games.
The 7 in 16 figure relates to the portion of last season after he joined Palace. The season before last he scored 17 in 45.

Would having KP here as a super-sub be substantially different to when we had a couple of others previously who were past their prime - Cottee and Ferdinand?

Phillips is 40; Cottee and Ferdinand were 32 and 36 when they came to City. I would suggest that eight and four years do make a substantial difference at the end of a footballer's career.

Last edited:
Phillips is 40; Cottee and Ferdinand were 32 and 36 when they came to City. I would suggest that eight and four years do make a substantial difference at the end of a footballer's career.

So, your stats were wrong Bob?

So what you are saying Boc, is that his recent goal scoring record is miles better than both backup strikers we currently have in JS and MW.

sounds good

So what you are saying Boc, is that his recent goal scoring record is miles better than both backup strikers we currently have in JS and MW.

sounds good
Maybe I'm being thick here, but who the blue **** are JS and MW?

Edit: Yep, got it. Wow.

Last edited:

sounds good

But not as good as CW, who is actually our backup striker, rather than the two sets of initials you have chosen to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669