Wireless Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

For some reason m wireless internet back home has stopped working since Sunday(i'm currently on a computer in the library before anyone makes a remark!). It basically comes up with a message saying "limited or no connectivity" and the little pc in the bottom has a yellow warning triangle next to it.

I've tried turning the router on and off etc and this makes no difference. My housemates had similar problems but have managed to rectify this by setting up a new network-however when i try and connect i still get the same problem. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programme which manages this (called Zyexel or something like that) and still have the same problem

Any ideas? I'm sorry if this isn't very clear but i really have no idea how these things work.

For some reason m wireless internet back home has stopped working since Sunday(i'm currently on a computer in the library before anyone makes a remark!). It basically comes up with a message saying "limited or no connectivity" and the little pc in the bottom has a yellow warning triangle next to it.

I've tried turning the router on and off etc and this makes no difference. My housemates had similar problems but have managed to rectify this by setting up a new network-however when i try and connect i still get the same problem. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programme which manages this (called Zyexel or something like that) and still have the same problem

Any ideas? I'm sorry if this isn't very clear but i really have no idea how these things work.

You need to clear out any old 'preferred network' settings from your wireless adapter properties.

What adapter is it & what OS are you using?

Internet Explorer and the adapter i guess is the Zyxel thing-i have no idea of the top of my head which exact one it is. It also gives a speed and signal strength, but says no connectivity

Reset your router? Click Repair? ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew into cmd?

Thats all i can think of atm off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Internet Explorer and the adapter i guess is the Zyxel thing-i have no idea of the top of my head which exact one it is. It also gives a speed and signal strength, but says no connectivity

Is it Vista or XP you're using DD?
Did you reset up a new wireless network in your router?

I'd disable the Zyxel client & set Windows to configure the adapter.
If you Goooogle, using the Windows wireless client and then Google, clearing any preferred networks, you'll get step by step instructions.

After you've done that, when you use the Windows client to connect it'll prompt you for the network details that you have set up in the router.

Is it Vista or XP you're using DD?
Did you reset up a new wireless network in your router?

I'd disable the Zyxel client & set Windows to configure the adapter.
If you Goooogle, using the Windows wireless client and then Google, clearing any preferred networks, you'll get step by step instructions.

After you've done that, when you use the Windows client to connect it'll prompt you for the network details that you have set up in the router.
ok i'll give it a go later-though to be honest i don't really know what i'm doing

ok i'll give it a go later-though to be honest i don't really know what i'm doing

Click Start > Run > type: cmd > click enter

type in ipconfig /release

press enter

then

type in ipconfig /renew

press enter.

Restart your pc. If it fails right click on the wireless icon in your taskbar and click repair. Tell us if it fixes.

ok well im connected now using the windows as a connection-but i did this earlier and then got disconnected again for no apparent reason.... so we'll see

i guessed the reason was because the Zyxel software tried to override windows being in charge-i haven't got the z software trying to establish a connection so hopefully things will be ok.

Again the internet has disconnected for no apparent reason-i fear that this is going to continue to happen if i allow windows to run instead of the Zyxel software-however if i try using the Zyxel software then i'll just end up having the same problems of low-connectivity again....

i ****ing hate computers

Again the internet has disconnected for no apparent reason-i fear that this is going to continue to happen if i allow windows to run instead of the Zyxel software-however if i try using the Zyxel software then i'll just end up having the same problems of low-connectivity again....

i ****ing hate computers

It is better, & easier, to use the Windows client to connect (since XP service pack 2 anyway) than using the client software packaged with your adapter.

What happened when you lost connection?
You may have two separate problems, the first of which you've solved by using Windows. It's possible that there's something interrupting the wireless signal from your router.

How far away from the router is your PC? Have you got any new electrical equipment? Have you put your Xmas lights up early? Is there a microwave, or similar, close by the router or the PC?

im quite far away from the router but its never been a problem before-i keep getting disconnected but it seems to be reconnected itself now

the zyxel software is still installed i just haven't entered in the ssdi code or whatever it is

when you get disconnected do you get disconnected from the router or the internet? You can test this by tryng to connect to your router through a browser, normally at an address like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.0. If you can then it means the problem is at the routers end connecting to the internet, if not then it is your connection to the router.

When you get booted can your housemates still connect?

well we all got disconnected the other day, but then they managed to get back on when they set up a new network yet i still got the limited connectivity message

Try going to start > RUN

Type msconfig and tick the Wireless Zero Configuration utlility then tell your Zyxel software to be out of use. The problem you have is you cannot connect fully to the router which rules our beights answer, i reckon that you are not assigning a dhcp address.

Last edited:

i ****ing hate computers

Well, some advice, buy or download a Wireless Networks for Dummies book. :081::081:

Try going to start > RUN

Type msconfig and tick the Wireless Zero Configuration utlility then tell your Zyxel software to be out of use. The problem you have is you cannot connect fully to the router which rules our beights answer, i reckon that you are not assigning a dhcp address.

Do you even know what that means?
That would be assigned by his router and if he wasn't getting an address he wouldn't be able to connect at all, full stop.

In fact, none of what you've written makes any sense, why am I even bothering to reply...

Do you even know what that means?
That would be assigned by his router and if he wasn't getting an address he wouldn't be able to connect at all, full stop.

In fact, none of what you've written makes any sense, why am I even bothering to reply...

:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670