Post Match Wolves 0 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said. We are almost certainly going to be in the bottom 3 by end of next weekend. The bad start means that we need this sort of form to continue.
I was assuming the same but just checked and Forest are away at Arsenal, Leeds are at Liverpool, and Wolves are at Brentford.

We might get away with it.
Dread to think how many Haaland is going to score though.

Great result, much needed away win. Started poorly again, we looked certain to concede before we actually scored. The same happened against Leeds. Haaland and his mates wont be so profligate. That said we look back to our best once we got started. I've always said when Youri plays well, we play well - he makes us tick and has been excellent recently.

For all Wolves' huffing and running, they didn't really have many moments where they should have scored. I thought we were very good in allowing them the space and then exploiting the spaces in behind. It reminded me of the good ol' days.

We weren't suddenly going to be world beaters, it'll be a slow burn and there will be bumps along the road but once again, there are the same old folk who, despite every bit of evidence in front of them, are still struggling to look at any positives. There were plenty today, just as there were against Leeds.

There's also this odd thing about us not being 'creative'. Well, being the 6th highest scorers in the league kind of says that's bollocks. We can create enough and we have some fantastic players but defending has been our massive achillies heel. Our set piece coach has had a fantastic impact it seems and with Fout really becoming a leader, that bit is getting better. For the record, Amartey was very, very good today. Calm under pressure, cleared his lines, made some excellent challenges... he still scares the bejesus out of me however.

Next week will be a hard watch and I've no doubt we will be on the end of a bit of a seeing to but that won't take the positives of the last few games away, just as the shite we saw at the start of the season doesn't.

The concern is that they had loads of chances but we're completely shit.

For all Wolves' huffing and running, they didn't really have many moments where they should have scored. I thought we were very good in allowing them the space and then exploiting the spaces in behind. It reminded me of the good ol' days.

We weren't suddenly going to be world beaters, it'll be a slow burn and there will be bumps along the road but once again, there are the same old folk who, despite every bit of evidence in front of them, are still struggling to look at any positives. There were plenty today, just as there were against Leeds.

There's also this odd thing about us not being 'creative'. Well, being the 6th highest scorers in the league kind of says that's bollocks. We can create enough and we have some fantastic players but defending has been our massive achillies heel. Our set piece coach has had a fantastic impact it seems and with Fout really becoming a leader, that bit is getting better. For the record, Amartey was very, very good today. Calm under pressure, cleared his lines, made some excellent challenges... he still scares the bejesus out of me however.

Next week will be a hard watch and I've no doubt we will be on the end of a bit of a seeing to but that won't take the positives of the last few games away, just as the shite we saw at the start of the season doesn't.
It's Faes you complete ****ing tossflap.
Jebus.

For all Wolves' huffing and running, they didn't really have many moments where they should have scored.
They had more moments where they should have scored than we did. Thankfully they had a past it duffer up front, and Ward pulled off some good saves.

They had more moments where they should have scored than we did. Thankfully they had a past it duffer up front, and Ward pulled off some good saves.
They had over 20 shots and none were on targeted or a threat, Ward had no real shots to deal with. Wolves could have stayed on the pitch for a week and would still score 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566