Post Match Wolves 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

Away defeat, only play for half a game and probably should have won.

No real surprise there then.

I really don't know how anyone can consider us to be a contender for promotion on that showing (or any of the other showings either this season).

Pattern for the season being set :-( Defensive horror show leaves us chasing the game & ultimately too much to do.

Knockeart...best player on the pitch by a street when he came on,Dyer...invisible.2+2=4 Nigel surely?

Gifting two goals every single game away from home leaves you little chance of success

And Martyn Waghorn is now our back-up striker, apparently

Gawd help us

Five games to go....

Last edited:
We look nothing like promotion contenders. We can't keep on calling ourselves 'unlucky' when our forwards consistently miss simple chances and our defenders fail to defend straightforward balls into the box. Pearson will know all of that, of course, but if he doesn't affect change on the pitch soon he will lose his job. I hope he doesn't end up sacked, but I don't see him lasting beyond half a dozen more games as things stand.

We were doing exactly the same thing we did at the beginning of last season: lobbing high balls into the box despite the lack of target men and Wolves were lapping it up. At least bring on Futacs if you are going to do that instead of ****ing Waghorn!

Please change it up NP and stop playing your favorites. For Wednesday Whitbread in for Moore, SSL in for De Laet, Knockers in for Dyer.... but what to do up front...we just have lost that ability to finish - or maybe we have never had it. I hate to say it but maybe we have to bring Beckford back and pray he cares enough to put in a shift.

90 minutes of horror, a couple of unexpected twists, some laughs and a couple of tits resulting in the end of the world. All in all, quite predictable but entertaining none the less.

This afternoon I watched 'A Cabin In The Woods'. Thank **** I checked out of that pile of shite in Wolverhampton.

Pearson looked shaken, I think he knows the pressure is mounting. Changes need to be made for the midweek game.

I would move Moore to right back and bring in St Ledger or Whitbread.
Bring in Knockeart for Dyer.
Drop Nugent for either Beckford or Futacs

Please change it up NP and stop playing your favorites. For Wednesday Whitbread in for Moore, SSL in for De Laet, Knockers in for Dyer.... but what to do up front...we just have lost that ability to finish - or maybe we have never had it. I hate to say it but maybe we have to bring Beckford back and pray he cares enough to put in a shift.

It is fine to say that Beckford can't be bothered and Nugent is rubbish (I know that wasn't you, but it is being said) but, we had a strike force that may not have been superb, but did score 31 goals last season. If you're going to break a partnership, you need to get it right. I do not see any forward partnership currently. We have simply deflated Nugent and Beckford.

Based on TV viewing, Nugent, Vardy, James and Waghorn were anonymous. De Laet was our biggest attacking threat, and Drinkwater should be fined every time he takes a shot.

I cannot understand why Waghorn was brought on ahead of Beckford and Futacs.

Nowhere near promotion contenders at the moment.

Agreed on 2 out of 3 if Whitbread is fit...but De Laet looked good today especially going forward & if that injury isnt too bad he has to play.I don't like SSL at right back.Knockaert to start is a complete no-brainer though.

Pattern for the season being set :-( Defensive horror show leaves us chasing the game & ultimately too much to do.

Knockeart...best player on the pitch by a street when he came on,Dyer...invisible.2+2=4 Nigel surely?

I actually thought Marshall was worse than Dyer today. Final substitution was made too late and thought it was the wrong option. Pearson's dismal away record continues

I don't know how i ended up on this forum :icon_lol:

Marshall not at his best certainly but Dyer was probably more effective after he came off!

De Laet had the best delivery into the box but I agree he was suspect at the back....but then so were the rest of the defence. Drinkwater was again wasteful in possession too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566