Wolves Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why on earth are we happy with a point agaisnt a team that hasnt won a game yet and in general looked poor?

Is that what it has come to? :?

Because a point away from home at Wolves is a point gained not 2 lost.
They have a good squad and will be up there like us at the end of the season.
If we can get a win on Monday i will be happy with the weekend results.
It sounded like we played abit better today from the Radio, another few games and i think we will have gelled and we can go on abit of a run as that is what we need now.
Lets not forget so far we have played Millwall and Wolves away and West ham at home, 3 of the best teams in the league!

Well done micky and the lads.

We did play 'a bit better' today but that is about as much as you can say. Improvement for sure from the depths we fell to against eg Millwall, but there are still some things that are not right at all, and some players who need to wake up and get their act together - plus some decisions that made no sense at all ...

- Jordan had a truly awful game - did he make 1 tackle? if so I must have blinked coz I missed it
- why did MA sub off Connolly (who was playing pretty well), leaving on Dion (who was average at best) only to bring on Blake (who was as expected a waste of space)

A point each was just about fair, but the first 20 mins suggested we had plenty of ability and potential to go on and win it. Which certainly wasnt the case by the 2nd half , the way things went. Lets hope Monday is a lot better than this, it really should be as we are at home and against weaker opposition

Phil

Semper Eadem said:
why on earth are we happy with a point agaisnt a team that hasnt won a game yet and in general looked poor?

Is that what it has come to? :?

As a result it's acceptable but in terms of recovering from a dire start to the season and getting up the table a draw is not much use -only pleases other clubs in the division who see it as a setback in mathmatical terms for both clubs involved. As we saw last season lots of drawn games doesn't save you from relegation - nor will it help a promotion challenge.

However, it does provide a bit of extra confidence for beating Brighton.

In reality Semper Eadem -that is what it has come to.

I think Micky should give Tommy Wright a go, he's probably better than Nathan Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566