Match Thread Wolves v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like KDH should've been benched instead of Praet.

But not surprised by the lineup.

Cags back on the bench, over his fictional injury now?

As expected but I think it's an own goal again from Rodgers to bench someone who came in and demonstranly improved us (Praet).

I also think that benching Maddison would have been a good message to him after his frankly idiotic behaviour last week. Diving so stupidly and getting five bookings this early in the season is unacceptable.

Rodgers is a dickhead

Praet must ****ing hate the man

Rodgers still has his supporters in the changing room. They are mainly the sort of thick types that are easily fooled and delight in believing his nonsense.

Those that have brains and/or have worked with him long enough to suss him out have long ago stopped listening.

Look, Praet had a decent 30 minutes. That's it. I'd have kept him in and taken Soumare out but only on the premise that we will probably get 30 minutes out of him if we're lucky whereas with Soumare it's even fewer. However, we're just as likely if not more so to get absolutely nothing out of him if past games are anything to go by.

Any talk of leaving Maddison out is just garbage.

Leaving Maddison out would be madness. The sort of thing you do if you're trying to get the sack. He's been our best player for the last year. Praet had one decent half.

Your opinion. I agreed with how Rodgers talked about Praet connecting the side superbly on Thursday for an hour before he tired. To simply ignore that isn't good management.

I don't agree with bringing in Maddison for Dewsbury-Hall or Soumare either as we need the running today.
The only player I'd consider bringing Maddison in for is Barnes.

Your opinion. I agreed with how Rodgers talked about Praet connecting the side superbly on Thursday for an hour before he tired. To simply ignore that isn't good management.

I don't agree with bringing in Maddison for Dewsbury-Hall or Soumare either as we need the running today.
You don't think Maddison has been our best player or you don't think Praet was a bit shit in the second half against Leeds?

Maddison is our best player. Leaving him out because he had a yellow card ban for one game would be ridiculous when we're bottom of the league.

To keep Praet in, the only option would be been to take KDH out instead, and you've said yourself the tactical reason for leaving him in.

It's the balance of the side that matters - we are now going into a game (yet again) with a completely unbalanced side

Castagne will again be forced into playing full back, right midfield and right sided forward

It won't work

The idiots will then blame Castagne, but they will be wrong

Soumare should drop out today - possibly KDH - but preferably Soumare

Maddison has to start as he's been our most creative player but Praet made both goals v Leeds and brings balance to the side, I'd of left KDH out but hey ho.
Expect Vardy to be subbed along with Soumare etc etc

Maddison is our best player. Leaving him out because he had a yellow card ban for one game would be ridiculous when we're bottom of the league.

To keep Praet in, the only option would be been to take KDH out instead, and you've said yourself the tactical reason for leaving him in.

I think the best chance we have to get up the table is to collectively get a better attitude and commitment between the players and staff.

Making the right decisions for the team is the way to do this. How do both Praet and his team mates feel about him being dropped today do you think?

Over and over again, Rodgers has made the sort of decisions that mystify and antagonise players. This was a chance to do the right thing.

I'm also thinking about the sort of game this will probably be - boring and tight. Bringing on Maddison after an hour to impact the game makes sense today.

It's the balance of the side that matters - we are now going into a game (yet again) with a completely unbalanced side

Castagne will again be forced into playing full back, right midfield and right sided forward

It won't work

Soumare should drop out today - possibly KDH - but preferably Soumare
This is how I see it too, with regards to the right hand side.. Given how advanced KDH played on thursday, compared to Soumare, I’d have put Maddison in for KDH.

It won't work

Totally agree. And that's what Praet did admirably on Thursday - he made a shit show of a tactical approach work.

Maddison has been our most consistent player this season. Praet was excellent for an hour on Thursday.
He's been our best. Most consistent and best. No one is even close to him in that regard.

For the first 10 minutes of the game, Praet looked like he'd never seen a football before let alone kicked one. He grew into the half and was effective. In the second half he was desperately poor as is nearly always the case.

The fact I'd have him in over Soumare isn't anything to do with thinking Praet is better than bang average, it's more to do with Soumare being complete turd most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566