Women and football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

yahoo

If you don't understand soccer's offside rule, don't ask a man -- find a woman.

British women are top of the table when it comes to knowledge about the beautiful game, relegating their menfolk to second spot, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Research found that 59 percent of women could correctly identify the offside law -- one of the game's hardest to comprehend -- as opposed to just 55 percent of men.

Also 65 percent of women correctly used
the title assistant referee, while 40 percent of men wrongly referred to the official as a "linesman".

"I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they're talking about when it comes to football because it was my mum who taught me the offside rule when I was a kid," said Sky Sports presenter Helen Chamberlain.

However when it came to team strip, the men were way ahead. More than 80 percent of men could correctly identify the kits of the 20 Premiership teams compared to just 33 percent of women, the survey of 2,000 customers of sports bar Walkabout found.

ScarboroughFox said:
Research found that 59 percent of women could correctly identify the offside law -- one of the game's hardest to comprehend -- as opposed to just 55 percent of men.

:081:
smily961.gif
happyfrownnono.gif

That's the biggest pile of poo I've ever heard...

what a load!!
firstly i dont care how many times you say it they're called lines man not assistant refs... obvious this survey was conducted in an aussie sports bar...great what do they know about football,

fosseboy83 said:
what a load!!
firstly i dont care how many times you say it they're called lines man not assistant refs... obvious this survey was conducted in an aussie sports bar...great what do they know about football,

They know lots about football but it is all played with an oval ball. ;)

yeah, what is that about! tried to watch it on sky once!!
didnt know what the frig was happening:102: bloody pointless

fosseboy83 said:
great what do they know about football,
Didn't they beat us 3-1 last time we played them?...:icon_lol:

Saw this on GMTV this morning, That Penny bird got put on the spot and asked to explain it, she fecked it up, need I say more.......

yeah but who's really that arsed about a friendly???

serves very little notice as to how good or bad a team can be
we know they know 9/10 we'll spank 'em (no crappy jokes please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669