WORLD CUP 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Just in case anyone is starting to get interested in the world cup 2006, the official web site is here

I'm going to it, anyone else?

How have you got tickets? I failed in the ballot, so it's just down to first come first served next week.

DurhamFox said:
How have you got tickets? I failed in the ballot, so it's just down to first come first served next week.

I'm following Brazil Durham, thought that'd be the best way to get some tickets. All they need to do now is qualify! Second in the group behind Argentina at the moment.

Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:

I'm following Brazil Durham, thought that'd be the best way to get some tickets. All they need to do now is qualify! Second in the group behind Argentina at the moment.

How did that get you tickets ?

Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:

Certainly is, along with Argentina. I wanted 3 'Follow England' tickets but didn't get them. 800,000 applications and only 200,00 tickets available.

homer said:
Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:

How did that get you tickets ?

Well I think each part of the world gets an allocation for each team so my dad thought that it'd give us a better chance to go for Brazil. Something like that. Anyway, we decided not to follow England because a) the demand for the tickets would probably mean a small chance of passing the ballot and b) Brazil will probably get to at least the Semi-Finals.

SO IS NO ONE ELSE GOING TO THE WORLD CUP?

Joe_Fox said:

Follow England tickets sold out after ballot phase - I have been offered 3 tickets by an American company who got them from their FA for the bargain price of £4000. :roll:

Joe_Fox said:

I think Highland said he more interested in the mascot, rather than actually going to any of the games

I'm sure he said he was interested in getting hold of World Cup Willy

I'm supporting Scotland now,hence I have no interest in the World Cup Finals..

highland fox said:
I'm supporting Scotland now,hence I have no interest in the World Cup Finals..

Eriksson inspires as much confidence. He had better win the Cup next year or else there will be many Clubs out to stab him in the back. :roll:

why do Brazil have to qualify? they won the last world cup did they not?

i thought winners were automatically in it.

Rayvon said:
why do Brazil have to qualify? they won the last world cup did they not?

i thought winners were automatically in it.

Not any more I thought. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Look at the Liverpool situation. They could win the Champions League and not qualify :eek: not fair IMO. Also, Greece won Euro 2004, but they are in a tough qualifying group and might not qualify for Euro 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669