World Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, thought it was about time to get some chat going about this... Only a week until England's first game.

I can't wait for the World Cup. I think especially with it being in Brazil, there should be a great atmosphere throughout. Obviously from an England perspective we haven't got much to hope for, but I'm still looking forward to an exciting tournament.

Let's start off with some predictions...

Winners?
Golden Boot winner?
How far will England go?

I'm going for:
Brazil to win
Aguero top scorer
England to get to the quarters (optimistic!)

Brazil to win
Costa top scorer
England to get through to Quarter Finals v Brazil

Also, I am on the Telegraph FF... are TB doing a league?

Anyone collecting Panini stickers? I need 95 of them to finish it off, I have ran out of friends and I ain't popping down the local school anytime soon!

Yes I am. I'm on about 140 left. What are you missing? (DM)

And do you have swaps?

Argentina to be the shock exit, Colombia to make it to the semis.

You heard it here first.

I don't fancy Brazil, too fairy tale. I don't fancy Spain or Germany they have no main front man. I don't fancy Argentina, still haven't found the balance between their glut of attacking talent and their shambles defensively. I don't fancy Holland, defence is poor these days (Ron Vlaar FFS?!). I don't fancy France, just don't have it in them anymore, although they seem a happier camp. Italy are too negative and defensive. Portugal are too much of a one man team. Likewise Colombia but their one man is injured. Belgium are too raw to win, don't know how to win a major tournament.

England it is then.

Dear ITV,

Please stop trying to do football, it's like Dads trying to dance. Just stop it.

Thank you.

x

:icon_bigg

They are crap at most sports tbh. That change to ITV4 of the final set of the tennis at the weekend from ITV1 because of the Charity football being on was just typical of ITV.

Lolz.....tennis?

I don't fancy Brazil, too fairy tale. I don't fancy Spain or Germany they have no main front man. I don't fancy Argentina, still haven't found the balance between their glut of attacking talent and their shambles defensively. I don't fancy Holland, defence is poor these days (Ron Vlaar FFS?!). I don't fancy France, just don't have it in them anymore, although they seem a happier camp. Italy are too negative and defensive. Portugal are too much of a one man team. Likewise Colombia but their one man is injured. Belgium are too raw to win, don't know how to win a major tournament.

England it is then.

I agree with most of that. There are no strong teams this year and anyone placing bets on one of the favourites at the prices offered are insane. On the evidence of the first game, the officials are just going to add to the lottery.

Columbia, Belguim or Switzerland could win it this year for me. It's got the stink of Euro 92.

Anyone except England of course.

Agreed. It's borderline un-watchable.
The pictures would be the same whoever put it on. If the problem is the commentary / pundits etc then you can do as I often do - turn the sound down and switch on Radio 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566