World Cup Bid 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck me, this is falling flat on its arse - get this bloke off

They'll win this because they've never had one before. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
Russia's pitch:

We're very big, you know
Don't believe all those nasty stories about us
We've never had it before and everyone else has
Here are some videos with a few fit pieces in

Seems like a winner to me

The BBC 'ticker' seems to think the Englad presentation was pretty good. They would do though, wouldn't they?

No, they are still being very open handed, sorry, open minded about it all.

Is there any point to this?

Surely they've already decided who they're going to vote for.

You'd think so. The verdict seems to be if any of the presentations were likely to sway undecided voters it was Englands.

You'd think so. The verdict seems to be if any of the presentations were likely to sway undecided voters it was Englands.

Many bookies seem to have england odds on favourites after the presentations, russia were favourites before hand.

I think us having the Olympics in 2012 will work against us.

Sounds like Russia had a good presentation, and their point about Easten Europe never having had a World Cup is a good one... but there's a reason for that!

Hopefully we'll get it, as it's probably our best chance of doing well in the tournament. Hard to call, but I don't think Holland/Belgium will get it.

Spain/Portugal.... Even if their pitch was crap, their facilities are good. But Spain have had it more recently than us. Hmm

I can't imagine the presentations have that much of an impact, surely? All this time planning and all the build up, and they then decide which to go for within a couple of hours?

Last edited:
I can't imagine the presentations have that much of an impact, surely? All this time planning and all the build up, and they then decide which to go for within a couple of hours?

Probably won't affect the first choices - but might well affect who they vote for as a second choice when the bottom two drop out of the competition

Could make all the difference in respect of who actually gets it

Probably won't affect the first choices - but might well affect who they vote for as a second choice when the bottom two drop out of the competition

Could make all the difference in respect of who actually gets it

Yeah, good point.

Having watched them all, what would you expect?

Holland/Belgium is a definite no no for me... They had the Euros recently, Blatter apparently doesn't like joint bids (ha, joint, Holland, ha), and their whole bid seems to be based on being eco-friendly (do FIFA really care about that?) and health and safety...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669