Worst ever moment as a Leicester City fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that, due to my lack of historical pain, probably Kermogant's miss. Today was painful also. Here's to many more

That's the right attitude and one that glory hunter, tosser, plastic fans will never understand. The shit times make the good times so much better.

Those at Old Trafford today glorying in twenty years of success will be split into two camps. Those that have known nothing other than success, and those that were there when Man Utd were shite. It means a lot more to the latter group.

City are a great club to support because we are mostly shit to mediocre with short, wonderful, periods of success at the top table. Those days will return at some point and you'll love it all the more when it does because of days like today.

Today is nowhere near. Even for the younger ones on here, our relegation to League One was only five seasons ago. That was much, much worse that today surely? The Cardiff penalty shoot out was surely worse too - we earned it more that season than this.

And that's just the last five years. What about administration, any of the Wembley defeats, or the end of Filbert St? Personally, I'd even put some player/manager departures over today. Such as when Lennon went to Celtic and our team disintegrated or when MON or Little left us. Remember 0-5 to Bolton on the first game of the season showing us up as relegation fodder in August? Now that's depressing.

That 0-5, gives me shudders

Those at Old Trafford today glorying in twenty years of success will be split into two camps. Those that have known nothing other than success, and those that were there when Man Utd were shite.

There may also have been a few who were there when they were successful before they were shite.

That's the right attitude and one that glory hunter, tosser, plastic fans will never understand. The shit times make the good times so much better.

Those at Old Trafford today glorying in twenty years of success will be split into two camps. Those that have known nothing other than success, and those that were there when Man Utd were shite. It means a lot more to the latter group.

City are a great club to support because we are mostly shit to mediocre with short, wonderful, periods of success at the top table. Those days will return at some point and you'll love it all the more when it does because of days like today.

Exactly. If you can't deal with losing, go and support a team that wins most of the time. LCFC are the wrong team to support if you find disappointment hard to deal with.

I suppose the thing about today was just the sheer...violence of it all.
Many of the other examples listed were like slow, inevitable deaths. This one felt like a shotgun blast to the face. Sudden, unexpected and final.

This one felt like a shotgun blast to the face.

Mention of faces reminded me of my worst moment as a City fan. It was before the Rangers friendly in 1967. Some ginger bloke (probably from Corby) punched me in mine at the end of Filbert Street. It hurt a lot and every other moment of supporting City has been better than that.

Me also, i was on my honeymoon in Italy when that filtered through. Had the right hump, because of it Mrs B didnt get a hump, because of my hump. So we both came home with the hump....geddit ?

I hear a lot of humping occurs on honeymoons.

This one was like having your heart ripped out and then seconds later having your eyes burnt with a hot poker and your head stamped on by an fat elephant but it's not the worst moment. The worst for me was the 4-3 Swindon defeat, narrowly beating the relegation to Division 1, which narrowly beats the Cardiff penalty shoot out which narrowly beats the Chelsea dive penalty. So, this is fifth in my worst moments as a Leicester fan. In the grand scheme of things, it was a dodgy penalty and we were riding our luck to get so close. Gutted, absolutely gutted, but not suicidal.

Next season will hopefully be better.

Foxes never quit.

- Cardiff semi
- Relegation to League 1
- Pearson being kicked out
- 90% of 2003/2004 season (notably Newcastle + Villa home, Wolves + Boro away)
- La Manga 2

Though today hurt I think I was hurt more by all of the above.

It was definitely worse than relegation to League One because that had a distinct inevitability about it. Yesterday was so bad because of the sheer joy of the penalty which preceded it, which I went mad over. Followed by 2 (and to a lesser extent 3 including the rebound) consecutive blows to the brain.

To make a nerdy reference, it was like when I was 11 years old and playing Metal Gear Solid 2 and the colonel started to go crazy and told me to turn my games console off, my brain took about 5 seconds to register whether or not that really had just happened.

Last edited:
I think the worst ones are when things could have been amazing, but end up really shit. As has been said, the relegation to League One was awful, but it did feel inevitable in the end.

Cardiff semi 2nd leg and yesterday were both times when it was so close to being amazing, but just ended up ripping your heart out.

The other two that stand-out, somewhat strangely, are the 2-2 draw away at Bolton when they were down to 9 men, and the 4-3 away at Newcastle when Shearer scored a hat-trick. Bolton, in particular, remains my worst.

Today is nowhere near. Even for the younger ones on here, our relegation to League One was only five seasons ago. That was much, much worse that today surely? The Cardiff penalty shoot out was surely worse too - we earned it more that season than this.

And that's just the last five years. What about administration, any of the Wembley defeats, or the end of Filbert St? Personally, I'd even put some player/manager departures over today. Such as when Lennon went to Celtic and our team disintegrated or when MON or Little left us. Remember 0-5 to Bolton on the first game of the season showing us up as relegation fodder in August? Now that's depressing.

I'd have to disagree.

For pure in the moment absolute dismay what happened yesterday was my worst moment in modern day Leicester City history. After the rollercoaster season we've had the false hopes and promises and all the opinions. To be one kick away (actually TWO kicks!) from Wembley and have the rolls reversed is almost unforgiveable.

The relegation was deserved and we all saw it coming after the previous seasons debacles. Players leaving can be replaced and opening day desults put right. This was different. This really really hurts.

Spurs at Wembley.

Swindon for me - I had a really bad cold as well which spectacularly went we got to 3-3 only to return with that penalty...

Was that really 20 years ago...

Still can't quite believe it. 30 years of watching us that has to be the worst for me. Amazing scenes for Watford and the neutral, from thousands of miles away I buried my face in my hands and felt sick for a good while after, in speechless drunken shock. Blackburn and especially Swindon were bad, but I was a young kid. We were bouncing back from a couple of shit seasons in the 2nd tier. Felt like bonus to be at Wembley. This year for me has been a failure, because of where we were in Jan, but perhaps change may now not be the answer?

Still can't quite believe it. 30 years of watching us that has to be the worst for me. Amazing scenes for Watford and the neutral, from thousands of miles away I buried my face in my hands and felt sick for a good while after, in speechless drunken shock. Blackburn and especially Swindon were bad, but I was a young kid. We were bouncing back from a couple of shit seasons in the 2nd tier. Felt like bonus to be at Wembley. This year for me has been a failure, because of where we were in Jan, but perhaps change may now not be the answer?

Do keep us informed! We wait in agony to find out when you can believe it :icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670