York This Weekend - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

I have booked (waiting for confirmation) accomodation for York this saturday, however I am now looking for restaurant ideas for valentines night in the city. I don't have money to burn and was wondering if anyone on here could reccomend somewhere, I know a few live in Yorkshire ;) so any help would be great.

Also any other ideas on what to do sat and sunday would be good.

Cheers in advance

Anywhere you go to eat will be expensive, so surely she should provide the entertainment for Sunday, I assume you have the bed until at least 11am ;)

Valentine's day is an excuse for some restaurants to have a set menu and put up the prices, just like Mother's day etc. Barstewards..

Take a carryout from Mario's, tell her if she wants more, she'll have to earn it.

(Who said romance is dead!)

What are you insinuating(sp) ?
lako is a chutney ferret?

tell the staff when you get to the restaurant that it's your partner's birthday. Hey presto, a free sparkler with your pudding...

i saw this thread and assumed Joe_ had started it

Make a big deal out of something she says, have a big argument on friday and dump her. go out with the boys and get smashed on saturday, wake up sunday morning with a big hangover, text her to tell her you miss her, send a small bunch of flowers and tell her you still wanna be together and hey presto you've saved yourself £200 notes, so go out and buy yourself some new clobber or as many crates of beer as £200 will get ya :102:

Make a big deal out of something she says, have a big argument on friday and dump her. go out with the boys and get smashed on saturday, wake up sunday morning with a big hangover, text her to tell her you miss her, send a small bunch of flowers and tell her you still wanna be together and hey presto you've saved yourself £200 notes, so go out and buy yourself some new clobber or as many crates of beer as £200 will get ya :102:

And you last bird treated you like shit because?

Alternatively do what I'm doing this weekend.
Cook for her on Friday. Disappear 8am Saturday morning leaving just a card and some flowers on the kitchen table. Spend the day in a hostility box at Ascot getting lashed up. Rag the Hooray Henrys in Windsor when their egg chasers get Royaly Rogered. And then wander in Sunday in time for lunch and spend the afternoon asleep on the sofa.
Spolit she is.

I have booked (waiting for confirmation) accomodation for York this saturday, however I am now looking for restaurant ideas for valentines night in the city. I don't have money to burn and was wondering if anyone on here could reccomend somewhere, I know a few live in Yorkshire ;) so any help would be great.

Also any other ideas on what to do sat and sunday would be good.

Cheers in advance
It depends what kind of restuarant you want to go to...

If you wanted somewhere relaxed, I would recommend the Go Down restuarant, good food and reasonably priced (the filet steak is recommended!).

Alternatively over the road from the Go Down is a Mexican, which is much more lively, but good food and reasonably priced again.

Plenty of decent pubs in York, Golden Fleece is apparently 'the most haunted pub in York'; if you fancy going for cocktails then I'd head to the Evil Eye Lounge.

:icon_bigg

Alternatively do what I'm doing this weekend.
Cook for her on Friday. Disappear 8am Saturday morning leaving just a card and some flowers on the kitchen table. Spend the day in a hostility box at Ascot getting lashed up. Rag the Hooray Henrys in Windsor when their egg chasers get Royaly Rogered. And then wander in Sunday in time for lunch and spend the afternoon asleep on the sofa.
Spolit she is.

I'm guessing the hostility box will be a lot more hostile on Sunday!

It depends what kind of restuarant you want to go to...

If you wanted somewhere relaxed, I would recommend the Go Down restuarant, good food and reasonably priced (the filet steak is recommended!).

Alternatively over the road from the Go Down is a Mexican, which is much more lively, but good food and reasonably priced again.

Plenty of decent pubs in York, Golden Fleece is apparently 'the most haunted pub in York'; if you fancy going for cocktails then I'd head to the Evil Eye Lounge.

:icon_bigg
BOO!
Only 13 replies before a serious one, you've let the side down LS...

Lako,

Word of advice, York is a popular place for romance. Seeing as it's Sat'dee ring around try and get somewhere booked.

I took my (Then) Misses to York for Valentines. Everywhere was either booked or only had a table really late which required waiting in a queue in the bar.

We ended up on the smash and then eating in McDonalds.

That particular relationship didn't last.

Lako, you soft bastard!

Wait until you have known her for a long time before you splash cash like that. You will feel a right **** when she walks later next week, straight into the arms of some smooth talking bastard.

or

Let her pay instead, if she is serious she will stump up, and make sure it's a dogs bollocks hotel then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566