?10 million Pound Kitty

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

Active Member
Mace said £10 mil to spend next year on wages and fees. I think this include all current players wages, which basicly means we have bugger all to spend!!
 
sheffield_fox said:
who was the magician on the phone who extracted that info :lol:

Bravo the amazing sheffield fox
 
im kind of addicted to ringing in now, maybe i should become the patron of phone ins for this messageboard and i make any points that anyone wants me to make eh
 
sheffield_fox said:
im kind of addicted to ringing in now, maybe i should become the patron of phone ins for this messageboard and i make any points that anyone wants me to make eh

Yeah, only if Uncle Nev doesn't interrupt you/Cut you off. :wink:
 
Scowcroft said:
sheffield_fox said:
im kind of addicted to ringing in now, maybe i should become the patron of phone ins for this messageboard and i make any points that anyone wants me to make eh

Yeah, only if Uncle Nev doesn't interrupt you/Cut you off. :wink:

Uncle Nev says its his last phone in, didn't he?!?!?!?
 
m~james said:
Scowcroft said:
sheffield_fox said:
im kind of addicted to ringing in now, maybe i should become the patron of phone ins for this messageboard and i make any points that anyone wants me to make eh

Yeah, only if Uncle Nev doesn't interrupt you/Cut you off. :wink:

Uncle Nev says its his last phone in, didn't he?!?!?!?

Did he? I bloody hope so!!!!! :D
 
It's true we will have to pay wages out of the £10mil but that would still make us one off the better off teams in the league. I heard that Mickey will have about £2mil to spend...This comes from prize money and TV money from the arse game. For division 1 its a spicy meatball, add to that the players we already have, and I think we are gonna be O.K. Today was a shock to the system but its for the best, many of those players have had a few bites of the prem cherry and not been good enough, we need to start from zero.
 
In the Pompey programme the Tim Davies article stated.

In Div 1 season 2002/3 wage bill = £16.5m
In Prem season 2003/4 wage bill, transfer & agent fees = £20m

For next season we have 9.5m committed wages, 45% of that covers old contracts (from the Times that = Walker, Elliot, Scowy, Benjy & Jones)

Based on the final League placing, the budget should now be £10.59m + Sky PPV money from Arsenal, as addditional money goes to Micky according to the article.

For information the average Div 1 budget is around £5-6m, however the bulk of our additional cash is swallowed up by those contracts - so one departure from those above would make a big difference to next seasons plans
 
Babylon said:
Mace said £10 mil to spend next year on wages and fees. I think this include all current players wages, which basicly means we have bugger all to spend!!

Mace came across as a bit of a smarmy git.

You should never reveal what your budget is, as this makes it more difficult in negotiating transfer fees and wages for new players. Most teams will never openly admit how much they have to spend...it's just shooting your self in the foot.

The £10mill could be for new players and their wages. If so, that's massive for Div1. If not look out for more wheeling & dealing
 
Walker is likely to go if we get the right offer for him.

T**** is sniffing around Benji, but I would imagine he would want to see out his contract.

Jones is more difficult to call - He either retires, or will get fit enough to find himself another club, or will take the easy option and live out the rest of his contract.

Scowy and Elliott are certain to stay.
 
Foxes_Trust said:
= Walker, Elliot, Scowy, Benjy & Jones
that's the base of of great team.
let's not worry about their pounds, that's done & dusted. let's see if MA can make them earn it... surely that is football management...
 
MKFox said:
Foxes_Trust said:
= Walker, Elliot, Scowy, Benjy & Jones
that's the base of of great team.
let's not worry about their pounds, that's done & dusted. let's see if MA can make them earn it... surely that is football management...

Too right, all of those outfield players are well capable of doing something in the fizzy league and yes I do include tricky trev, remember he did a job for us last time and does add some comedy value to the team :wink: :lol:
If we can add some youth and quality to the squad to compliment those left we have the start of something good. Next year these players would have ended thier contracts so we can get rid (apart from Walker maybe) and can replace with younger better players.

The future bright, the futures BLUE and WHITE :wink:
 
Foxes_Trust said:
For next season we have 9.5m committed wages, 45% of that covers old contracts (from the Times that = Walker, Elliot, Scowy, Benjy & Jones)

can we not claim on the insurance for jones? like we did with eadie?

ol the se4 fox
 
Did we really get insurance for Eadie???

How much?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4389
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4473
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363
11Cardiff City4359
12Bristol City4358
13Sunderland4356
14Swansea City4353
15Watford4352
16Millwall4350
17Blackburn 4349
18Plymouth 4348
19QPR4347
20Stoke City4347
21Birmingham4345
22Huddersfield4344
23Sheffield W4344
24Rotherham Utd4323

Latest posts

Top