10 Yellows

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScarboroughFox said:
there were ten yellow cards given out today! (5 from each side) does that mean we will be fined again?
If the authorities have any sense they will not but they dont. Stupid reffeireing (still cant spell it) as soon as he booked sylla for a light challenge after 8 mins he had to be consiistent and that is why there was a large no. of bookings

The referee was a complete and utter cock today. I really couldnt work out which planet he was on.

It makes the game sound dirty when it wasnt. It was just an exciting committed game.

0 out of 10 for the ref.

I agree Pontus, he was a joke. What was all the fuss about when Maybury got booked, was he elbowed?

flashyfox said:
I agree Pontus, he was a joke. What was all the fuss about when Maybury got booked, was he elbowed?

It was right infront of me, I didnt think he was but I did think the player dived.

Fox Fan said:
It was right infront of me, I didnt think he was but I did think the player dived.

The annoying thing about it was tha Hume was fouled in exactly the same way a few moments earlier and he waved it away even though Hume was still on the ground. The refferee was close to the worse at the Walkers this season.

Brauny Blue said:
I think he just clocked up another fine this week for abusing the ref at their match with Reading.
he did brauny, i believe he got fined a massive 700 pounds or something, so will probably need the move to pompey just to pay that off.

the ref was a joke today, how he booked sylla for what i thought was just a tackle which showed an over eager player trying to win the ball and could never of hurt the united player. the ref tried ruining what was a very good game but fortunately both teams didn't play up to him too much.

The ref was awful, 10 yellows but it should have been 2 tops... makes the game seem like it was really dirty when really it was just really competative (in an entertaining sense). The two things he did that annoyed me the most were when Smith was shoved off the ball and he gave nothing then the same thing happened at the other end of the pitch seconds later and he gave Sheff U a free kick and booked one of our players...and the last goal, it wasn't a corner, obviously so, as Levein said 'it was a joke'.

Last edited:
The refereeing was poor and TBH could have been a real contencious issue had we not won, some of his decisions were baffling to say the least and IMO he did his utmost to spoil what was a hugely entertaining game, in which both sides played their part. The bookings were a joke as it wasnt a dirty game IMO it was played with passion and commitment but in a decent spirit.

The only saving grace of this referee was that he was equally unfair to both sides. Completely out of his depth in only hs second season in the league, I thought that perhaps three of the bookings were justified.

I see some talk of both teams being fined for five bookings, but as far as I know the 'magic number' is six-in-a-game unless it has been changed since last season.

bocadillo said:
The only saving grace of this referee was that he was equally unfair to both sides. Completely out of his depth in only hs second season in the league, I thought that perhaps three of the bookings were justified.

I see some talk of both teams being fined for five bookings, but as far as I know the 'magic number' is six-in-a-game unless it has been changed since last season.

It would be unfair for either team to recieve a fine, IMO there was no edge to the game at all, it was just 2 teams playing hard to win a game, from my recollection there werent too many unsavoury incidents.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It would be unfair for either team to recieve a fine, IMO there was no edge to the game at all, it was just 2 teams playing hard to win a game, from my recollection there werent too many unsavoury incidents.

I agree. But if either team had had another player booked or sent off, it would have been an automatic £5,000 fine - no appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669