120 Greatest Goals DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice From Above

..right i'm off to watch the LCFC 120 greatest goals DVD. I'm sure theres probably been a thread about this before now.

anyone one else seen this DVD?

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:
..right i'm off to watch the LCFC 20 greatest goals DVD. I'm sure theres probably been a thread about this before now.

anyone one else seen this DVD?

I found that DVD depressing. Half the matches in it involving 'great goals' end with the commentator saying that we lost! And a lot of the goals are just plain crappy tap in efforts!

there are some good goals on there that bring back great memories, but as SilverFox said, there are many tap ins and some arent in the right order imo

i think they put a lot of goals in there on importance rather than style.
i.e. Tony James v Oxford and Emile Heskeys equaliser in the Coca Cola Cup Final against Middlesbrough.
good DVD though

Last edited:
Would keith wellers have been number one if recent events have been different? Lot of the goals were based on importance or sentimentality.

i didnt realise Gunnlaugson scored more than 1 goal for us. He has 3 on this video! I was at Villa Park, right behind that one in the cup. great strike.

So did he score 3 goals for us and they all made this video?

was he really bent?

He had wife and a baby boy, i remember reading about them in a programme. Doesnt mean that he doesnt bat for the otherside though

It's well known that there are agents who work exclusively in arranging "alternative" lives for gay footballers - a wife, a kid, etc. When he was at the club, I had a few more contacts than I do now.

And the answer, in Arnie's case, was "as a nine bob note!" :icon_lol:

DesertFox said:
It's well known that there are agents who work exclusively in arranging "alternative" lives for gay footballers - a wife, a kid, etc. When he was at the club, I had a few more contacts than I do now.

And the answer, in Arnie's case, was "as a nine bob note!" :icon_lol:

thats what i heard too. anymore out there desert?

I quite liked the DVD...however I'd agree that a lot of the goals seemed to be out of sequence, how did Muzzy's against Grimsby not get into the top 10? Also the older goals (50s) simply seemed to be in there so they could say 'look, we have the best goals from the last 50 years!'

The History of LCFC DVD is great though.

Leigh said:
I quite liked the DVD...however I'd agree that a lot of the goals seemed to be out of sequence, how did Muzzy's against Grimsby not get into the top 10? Also the older goals (50s) simply seemed to be in there so they could say 'look, we have the best goals from the last 50 years!'

agreed

The Voice From Above said:
So did he score 3 goals for us and they all made this video?

Arnar got 4 goals for us - against Derby, Newcastle and Charlton at home and at Villa in the Cup (about 5 minutes after coming on as sub)

He also could be relied upon to put away his effort in the penalty shoot-outs that we seemed to have quite frequently at Filbo.

was he really bent?

Does it matter?

I once had a piss in the bog next to him at Highbury and he didn't try to jump on me. :icon_roll

Last edited:
Couldn't care less if he was gay or not to be honest. Whilst he never really made it with us or in fact anywhere else after that, we could use a bit of his flair and trickery right now.

yeah think it was the newcastle game he had just come off the bench and his first touch was to smack the ball into the net in front of the kop :038:

Leigh said:

Agreed although I have to say that cause my old man is on there loads towards the end.

Paternal support and all that.

Dunc said:
Agreed although I have to say that cause my old man is on there loads towards the end.

Paternal support and all that.

what in the crowd or on the pitch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673