12th signing with MA and MM at 1pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think of the alternatives, it's fantastic. Would much rather have DJ over Fowler (just) or McLoed.

Fowler would bring a lot more than just his performances on the pitch. He'd play a big part in bringing more attention and players to the club.

I tend to agree about Fowler, he will bring a lot more gravitas to our club. Also think that his arrival will give a added boost to ST sales. All fans get excited with big names comming to their clubs and ours are no diffrent. The experience he will pass on to other strikers will also help their developemnent. Probably sell a few shirts as well. Happy with DJ coming as he has achieved at this level, not interested in McLoed he's failed at this level with the Sheep and they were quick to recognise this & got rid for all his promise as a youngster.

imagine folwer and campbell walking out together at the conference at 1, how about that for a statement of our ambition to other clubs in our league. I would expect our odds to drop for the title too.

Is this last signing in addition to Fowler possibly moving here? So basically, we could have two new signings? Fowler and another? Or we could just end up with another?

Fowler won't be coming here, is my reading of the DJ signing.

Is this last signing in addition to Fowler possibly moving here? So basically, we could have two new signings? Fowler and another? Or we could just end up with another?

Allen himself has stated several times we are looking at more players. "4 or 5 more". If we only sign DJ and one more i'll be surprised.

DJ Campbell will be a great signing speically with Martin Allen here, i think martin can get the best out of campbell and as mentioned he is going to be hitting peak now, at the age of 25 is the when a footballer hits the peak and proves his talent, he has got alot of talent and i am sure he will show it this season and hopefully be top scorer.

i think personally after DJ there will be another two signings one more forward and one more midfield and that will be it till januaray where we will get tevez on loan ;)

DJ Campbell will be a great signing speically with Martin Allen here, i think martin can get the best out of campbell and as mentioned he is going to be hitting peak now, at the age of 25 is the when a footballer hits the peak and proves his talent, he has got alot of talent and i am sure he will show it this season and hopefully be top scorer.

i think personally after DJ there will be another two signings one more forward and one more midfield and that will be it till januaray where we will get tevez on loan ;)

From whom? :102:

I'm happy with this, assuming we keep Cort, Fryatt and Hume too.

I'm not however convinced that Campbell is worth £2million by a long chalk, he's a better version of Hammond but that is not saying much. I'm amazed anyone is willing to pay more than £1million for a player thats played less than 100 league games and is 25.

it could still be fowler? maybe dj next week?

Shittingtons.....just caught the last couple of sentences on Radio Leic. Something about someone being confirmed (DJ i take it!) and someone else to sign as well:confused:

DJ will be a decent signing, although its a shame his price has been inflated. That said, if he comes in and scores 15/20 goals next season I'll be a happy bunny!

I wouldn't be surprised if we do still persue Fowler, however, I would expect Fryatt to leave if the Fowler deal looks like coming tinto Fruition. If we kept everyon, we really would have too many strikers - esp with MDV and Elvis being given a shout in recent games!!

TBH, MDV looks like a confidence player - if he gets a chance and starts scoring you know that he's a handful. A pretty decent target man - probably the only type of striker we haven't signed and the only man for that job. If you're going to play little and large, expect us to start with MDV and DJ, hume on the wing or in a supporting role. Just a few thoughts..

If Darren Bent is worth £16m then nothing surprises me anymore TBH.

As you know Alex, a player is worth what someone is prepared to pay.

A part of this game is that the closer we get to the season, the more leverage is in the hands of the selling club that has the potential decent striker.

I think Birmingham have played their hand pretty well - and it has suited them that DJ has been reluctant to sign for us.

We shall now see how much we are able to screw out of people for Fryatt - cos Milan won't have enjoyed paying that sort of money for DJ.

Some players are late developers so just because he's not played much football doesn't mean he won't be worth the money.
Les Ferdinand was around the same age when he first started playing regularly.

True, but he wasn't commanding £2million transfer fees on the back of 20 starts in the 2nd Tier and 50 games in what is now the 2nd Division.

The same argument you put forward could have been used for Hammond and look where that got us.

As you know Alex, a player is worth what someone is prepared to pay.

A part of this game is that the closer we get to the season, the more leverage is in the hands of the selling club that has the potential decent striker.

I think Birmingham have played their hand pretty well - and it has suited them that DJ has been reluctant to sign for us.

We shall now see how much we are able to screw out of people for Fryatt - cos Milan won't have enjoyed paying that sort of money for DJ.

So true.

jus had txt off mate he said he seen lee bowyer or someone very similar in a black bmw getting out at the walkers stadium? surely not him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669