1st Test - India v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like I said yesterday I don't think England fecked this up, India showed there true potential. It was an inspirational innings from Sachin.

The cricket did bring hapiness but as Sachin rightly said the true hereos are the people in Mumbai who captured the terrorists.

Great victory today. Was a special Test match :038:

IMO at this present moment in time India are the best team in the world, I'm not just saying this, they really are :038:

Ok ffs there is more to life than cricket ,people died last week you know :icon_roll

They are currently a work in progress. We've had two good World Cup's out of the old guard and now the baton is being passed and it will take time to build another team. This fecking lot won the Ashes...:icon_roll and then got whitewashed on the return.

Not only do we have a new captain, but Vaughan, Giles, G. Jones, S. Jones, Trescothick & Hoggard who all played in '05 arent even playing for England anymore (with Vaughan the only one likely to return).

Don't get me wrong we should have done better against India, but this is a new team and one that unfortunately doesnt have the same bowling fire power of 2005.

Swann bowled extremely well over the test match. Freddy is still among the best in the world IMO and the only pace bowler I fear in Englands side.

Yes but someone posted what I posted above in response to my comment. I'm wasted on you..... Don't like being called a, "brummie," I'd like to think I haven't got a brummie accent :102:

You do have a west midlands accent :icon_lol:

Ok ffs there is more to life than cricket ,people died last week you know :icon_roll

"Cricket is a lesser thing compared to what has happened but whatever we can contribute, in whatever small manner, we are right with those people who have lost their dear ones."

Bottled it.

From having a 250 lead with 7wkts in hand, and then to lose the game was criminal.
India on their own patch are difficult for any visiting team, but imo England chucked this away.
The bowling at the start of the Indian innings was woeful, and allowed them the impetus to challenge what should have been a winning total.

Is KP the new Both regarding captaincy:102:

IMO at this present moment in time India are the best team in the world, I'm not just saying this, they really are :038:

.....yes, a very good side in world cricket. and in a different class to England on Indian tracks...but India are possibly only a great side in India itself.

In reality, England have usually found it tough going in India. The result of this test match is not a surprise nor incidentally is the ineffectual bowling of Panasar whose bowling doesn't seem to have much currency in the sub-continent. India batted surprisingly poorly in the first innings but once they got their act together I wasn't that amazed that they got the runs

.....yes, a very good side in world cricket. and in a different class to England on Indian tracks...but India are possibly only a great side in India itself.

In reality, England have usually found it tough going in India. The result of this test match is not a surprise nor incidentally is the ineffectual bowling of Panasar whose bowling doesn't seem to have much currency in the sub-continent. India batted surprisingly poorly in the first innings but once they got their act together I wasn't that amazed that they got the runs

I agree, and you could hardly dispute that they are a very strong side.
That said they would need to win a series in both South Africa and Australia to become the clear no 1 side imo.

I will be playing cricket next season, so you never know I'm 19 it's not to late to become a pro :102: I can always dream :icon_razz

Maybe you could become an international.

India wouldn't pick you because you're not Indian, so you'd have to play for England.

India don't normally allow people who weren't born in their country to play for them, correct.

I would first of all try and get into India and play for them, if regulations meant I couldn't (which as I said they don't normally allow), then I would play for England just like others have done; it's all about the ££££££ when you are a player, no such think as patrioticism (if there is such a word) :icon_wink

India don't normally allow people who weren't born in their country to play for them, correct.

I would first of all try and get into India and play for them, if regulations meant I couldn't (which as I said they don't normally allow), then I would play for England just like others have done; it's all about the ££££££ when you are a player, no such think as patrioticism (if there is such a word) :icon_wink

You would know :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670