20/20 Nottinghamshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM said:
I wouldn't be overly upset if we didn't qualify for the QFs to be honest. It would be a wake up to the club who thinks a few 20/20 wins amounts to a good season.

Spot On, CM.

County relies on its 20/20 season every year and missing out would be a kick up the pants. Whereas many of the unfashionable 'counties' have tried to update and deal with less income, Leicestershire seem to be going backwards.

Agreed. 20/20 is great fun to watch and i get to see most matches, but i'd love us to get back on track in the Championship and one day format. We've got some promising players now, but still think it will take 2/3 years before some of our younger seamers really come on and we can mount a serious challenge.

We looked good yesterday until 'that over'. The fielding was excellent and obviously that over from Masters decided the game. 30 off it, 4 sixes 1 four and a 2. Ealham just swung his bat and it was flying everywhere.

Don't know why Sadler comes in so low down. Another good knock from him. Hit a six out of the ground over the Upper Parr Stand!!!

flashyfox said:
Don't know why Sadler comes in so low down. Another good knock from him. Hit a six out of the ground over the Upper Parr Stand!!!

I agree. He should be in ahead of Nixon. Can't fault Snapey in the 20/20 though.

Harrison(?) in today instead of Robinson and Nick Walker for Broad (out with Eng A)

Hazzman said:
Spot On, CM.

County relies on its 20/20 season every year and missing out would be a kick up the pants. Whereas many of the unfashionable 'counties' have tried to update and deal with less income, Leicestershire seem to be going backwards.

I think your being a bit harsh. Leics have made every effort to become independent of ECB cash by signing the deal with that commercial company. They are bringing in a lot of young players. Almost every non-test playing country are in the same position money-wise, which is why the ECB are setting up an independent review.

Like it or not 20/20 is now a serious part of the County scene and I for one will be gutted if we don't make it into the finals day of our competition! Why shouldn't they make hay with it whilst they've got a strong team, whilst still building in the Championship, which under Tim Boon you can have no doubt they are doing their hardest to do. Boon won't have come here to win a few 20/20 competitions, after all.

Leicestershire 161/6
Derbyshire 22/3 (3.4 ov)

Can't see us losing this one now :)

Last edited:
Wish you hadn't have said that - 16 off last Maddy over....

80 needed off 9 overs. Possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670