2009 - composition of leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
League compositions.JPG
filler.JPG

Amended to show current position. If I've listed anybody here who won't be taking part this season, please let me know. If you're not listed and want to take part, let me know - we can still make space for a few more - but be quick!

Last edited:
I shall revisit this thread during the season. It'll probably be the only time I'm top. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Too true!

There have been a couple of drop-outs, a couple more newcomers and some returners. I'm about to amend the OP to show the current position. You'll be lucky if you're still in a play-off position by the start of the season!

Original post amended

Dunno, how eveyone else feels about this, but i think play-offs would be cool, would give more people stuff to play for, say there were 4 teams getting promotion, then the top 3 go up automatically and 4-7 play-off like in the actual FL.

Dunno, how eveyone else feels about this, but i think play-offs would be cool, would give more people stuff to play for, say there were 4 teams getting promotion, then the top 3 go up automatically and 4-7 play-off like in the actual FL.

One Prediction League season usually follows straight on from another, so there is not time (and no matches) in which to arrange play-off games.

Part of the reason that the Prediction seasons are kept so short is so that people do feel that they have something to play for. I suggested cutting the size of the leagues this season to make shorter seasons so that people wouldn't have to go so long with little to play for, but people were against the idea so I dropped it.

It should also remember that play-offs will only involve 8 teams (and then 4) whilst the other 64 teams twiddle their thumbs.

And I think if I had finished 4th in a 23 game season, I would feel that I had deserved the promotion.

Out of the competition goes city boy again - no predictions from him from yesterday's games, and for most of last season. Orifice is promoted to take his place and takes over his fixtures.

Out goes Fludie too - no predictions from him yesterday despite the PM I had from him saying that he would be back to predicting this year - nothing from him last season either. Fludie and Orifice are replaced by Kingy_85 and stevewalshwasgod.

The only teams that didn't predict yesterday were Willlow, NN and Hammond Organ. Very rare for any of them to miss a week - hopefully they will be back next week.

OP will be amended to reflect current league composition - but not tonight!

Last edited:
Thank you gladly. :thumbs_up :109:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673