2021-2022 Season Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will we finish: 6th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy (15)
Player of the season: Barnes
Best new signing: Soumare
Best young player: Barnes (does he still count?)
Most disappointing player (old or new): Soyuncu
Most improved player: Ricardo (from last year)
How far will we go in the FA Cup: 5th round
How far will we go in the League Cup: 4th round
How far will we go in Europe: semi final
Best result of the season: A 5-0 hammering of someone where it all clicks
Worst result of the season: 1-4 v Liverpool
Will Rodgers still be manager at the end of the season? Yep
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Youri waves goodbye

Where will we finish: 4th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 19
Player of the season: Ricardo
Best young player: Dewsbury-Hall
Most disappointing player (old or new): Perez
Most improved player: Amartey
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Semi-Final
How far will we go in the League Cup: Semi-Final
Best result of the season: 4-0 Burnley
Worst result of the season: 1-3 West Ham
Will Rodgers still be manager at the end of the season? Yes
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Harvey Hat-Trick Hammers Saints

Where will we finish: 4th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 19
Player of the season: Ricardo
Most improved player: Amartey
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Semi-Final
Best result of the season: 4-0 Burnley
Worst result of the season: 1-3 West Ham
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Harvey Hat-Trick Hammers Saints
Europa?

Ah Yes, well spotted.
Go on then - Semi-Final.

Leicester City become the first football team in history to be knocked out, in one season, of three cup compititions in the semi-final!

This is a tough one. I don't think I want to nail anything to the mast until we know what the defence is going to look like for the first few games of the season. & whether we manage to sign a winger or not.

But on the whole I think we've missed our chance of the CL the last twice & it'll be tougher this time. Given the choice of settling for 5th & another go at the Europa or going hell for leather at the ****er this time to try & get into the CL that way I'll take the latter even if it means a 7th/8th or so league finish.

Man U were piss poor for large chunks of last season but still made the Europa final so lets go for it. A European trophy is the only thing missing from my LCFC experience now.

Where will we finish: 1st
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Nachos 21
Player of the season: Soyuncu
Best new signing: Daka
Best young player: Dewberries
Most disappointing player (old or new): Messi
Most improved player: Perez
How far will we go in the FA Cup: winners
How far will we go in the League Cup: winners
How far will we go in Europe: winners
Best result of the season: 9-0 v Everton
Worst result of the season: 0-0 v Chelsea
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Ted is the real genuis, Pep's a ****ing bellend chequebook ****.

Where will we finish: 3rd
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Senior Nachoman (19)
Player of the season: Ndidi
Best new signing: Bertrand
Best young player: Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
Most disappointing player (old or new): Evans (sorry...)
Most improved player: Perez (lolz)
How far will we go in the FA Cup: 5th Round
How far will we go in the League Cup: Semi
How far will we go in Europe: Quarters
Best result of the season: 5-1 Brentford
Worst result of the season: 0-3 Citeh
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Tearful Vardy says goodbye: Youri to stay.

Where will we finish: 7th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 12
Player of the season: Youri Tielemans
Best young player: Luke Thomas
Most improved player: Ricardo
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Final
How far will we go in Europe: Semi-Final
Best result of the season: 3-1 v Manure
Worst result of the season: 1-3 v Liverpool
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Foxes land Euro spot

Where will we finish: 3rd
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Iheanacho (21)
Player of the season: Iheanacho
Best young player: Barnes
Most disappointing player (old or new): Castagne
Most improved player: KDH
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Semi Final
How far will we go in the League Cup: 4th round
How far will we go in Europe: Final
Best result of the season: Wolves 4-0 opening day
Worst result of the season: 1-5 Liverpool
Will Rodgers still be manager at the end of the season? yes and in the run for manager of the season
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Third Time Lucky! Leicester finally make the champions league after final day drama

Where will we finish: 5th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 24
Player of the season: Bertrand
Best young player: Daka
Most disappointing player (old or new): Iheanacho
Most improved player: Thomas
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Quarter finals
How far will we go in the League Cup: quarter finals
How far will we go in Europe: Semi Finals
Best result of the season: Liverpool 3-0
Worst result of the season: Villa 3-2
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Perennial bridesmaids retain Europa Cup status

I feel like the top 3 is probably out of reach this season as Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea should all be incredibly strong after their transfer windows - if any of them fail to finish in the top 3, they've drastically underachieved.

4th place is likely to be Liverpool but a lot of that relies on how lucky they are with injuries and how well Van Dijk and others get back up to speed.

I'd like to think we could compete with Liverpool for 4th this season.

But I think 5th is probably going to be it - but I also think we're comfortably the 5th best team now. Maybe Arsenal could compete there. Maybe Spurs. Depends what they do in what's left of the window. But to me, this season is 'disappointing' if we finish below 6th.
Villa appear to have done well in the transfer market and I expect them to be upsetting the status quo, West ham is still an unknown quantity they may do well or not feature, hopefully spuds and Arsenal stink the place out again. fingers crossed we hit the ground running and we can carrying that momentum into January when we should be boosted by players returning.

What is success for us this year a top 4 finish or a top 6 and a semi final in the Europa league?

What is success for us this year a top 4 finish or a top 6 and a semi final in the Europa league?
My concern is we had an actual thread where people were debating Rodgers’ future during arguably our second most successful season of all time when we were top four all season (until….).

I dread to think what will happen if we hover around top six instead.

Villa appear to have done well in the transfer market and I expect them to be upsetting the status quo, West ham is still an unknown quantity they may do well or not feature, hopefully spuds and Arsenal stink the place out again. fingers crossed we hit the ground running and we can carrying that momentum into January when we should be boosted by players returning.

Villa have Villa's defence, Norwich's midfield and Brentford and Southampton's strikeforce - and this is supposed to upset the status quo?
By their own admission they've had to sign Buendia. Bailey, Young and Ings to try and replicate what they had in 1 player in Grealish. All that means is that you have Bailey, Buendia, Ings, Traore, Young, McGinn pressing - none of whom are that type of player. They will deliver some decent results but get some absolute pastings aswell i think as you will have Douglas Luiz protecting the defence alone. Unless Dean Smith benches 2 or 3 of the new signings and ensures the shape of the team is right. Which will be difficult because, as they've said, they had so much going through 1 attacking player.

Villa have Villa's defence, Norwich's midfield and Brentford and Southampton's strikeforce - and this is supposed to upset the status quo?
By their own admission they've had to sign Buendia. Bailey, Young and Ings to try and replicate what they had in 1 player in Grealish. All that means is that you have Bailey, Buendia, Ings, Traore, Young, McGinn pressing - none of whom are that type of player. They will deliver some decent results but get some absolute pastings aswell i think as you will have Douglas Luiz protecting the defence alone. Unless Dean Smith benches 2 or 3 of the new signings and ensures the shape of the team is right. Which will be difficult because, as they've said, they had so much going through 1 attacking player.
Ings bagged 12 goals last year for the saints and was injured for part of it, Watkins return was 16 goals I would expect both of these to improve on that this season, if both can hit late teens to mid twenties then yes they can upset the status quo.

I am not saying they will but they appear to be assembling a pretty strong squad to mount a challenge io.

Where will we finish: 1st
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 25
Player of the season: Vardy
Most disappointing player (old or new): Maddison
Most improved player: Soyuncu
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Quarter Finals
How far will we go in the League Cup: 3rd Round
How far will we go in Europe: Winners
Best result of the season: Barcelona 3-0 H
Worst result of the season: Chelsea 0-1H
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Arsenal eye Premier League winner in 40 million swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669